• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Cleaning Roofs Using a Man Lift

Chris Tucker

Here are some pictures of us cleaning some roofs using a man lift. We like the type of man lift called a knuckle boom. This is a red neck name for an articulating boom lift. They go up and over a roof, and are much better for cleaning roofs then a straight boom lift.
Many tile roof cleaning customers will pay extra for the cost of the lift vs having possible roof leaks, and or busted tiles.

Attachments

• IMAG0335.jpg
    IMAG0335.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 89
  • IMAG0336.jpg
    IMAG0336.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 77
  • IMAG0327.jpg
    IMAG0327.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 75
  • IMAG0323.jpg
    IMAG0323.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 75
  • IMAG0331.jpg
    IMAG0331.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 67
  • IMAG0332.jpg
    IMAG0332.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 63

Chris Tucker

Never had any problems with DMV Bill, but this is Florida! I am sure they have a Law against everything here. Did you know that in Pinellas County Florida, you can be arrested just for LOOKING Despondent ? So, if Mama forgets to take her Prozac, lookout!

John Tornabene

Member Guest
Chris--You are the "Roof King". Where in 2 ft of snow up here and I look at those pictures of Sunny FLA. and I want to go there more and more. I hope to be able to snow bird it there in the future where I live there part of the year and still keep my main residence here like my parents and so many others do. (Might be wishful thinking these days).

Do you own a lift or do you rent them???

Chris Tucker

Chris--You are the "Roof King". Where in 2 ft of snow up here and I look at those pictures of Sunny FLA. and I want to go there more and more. I hope to be able to snow bird it there in the future where I live there part of the year and still keep my main residence here like my parents and so many others do. (Might be wishful thinking these days).

Do you own a lift or do you rent them???
I used to own one John, but the chemicals ate it up, so I just rent one when needed. I have a sweetheart deal worked out cause I know the guy from my stepdads old Studebaker Club. Dad has an original Studebaker Avanti, not a replica.
It was years ahead of it;s time, with 4 wheel disc brakes, and a roll bar.
Last winter here in Florida was cold and rainy, this one has been cold so far. Florida sucks in the summer, hot, rainy, and humid. Better to snowbird, live up north in the summers.

Chris Tucker

We use Yamada air diapraghm pumps powered by air compressors, Titan Hose Reels with stainless steel manifolds, and make our own roof cleaning chemicals by mixing sodium hypochlorite, water, and a chlorine stable surfactant.
We no longer use any hose reels. They do not hold up, NONE of them, and especially the swivels.
Roof Cleaning is not pressure washing, we do maybe 2 to 4 roofs a day, it is not that big a deal to wind your hose around something (besides a hose reel) when you are done.
All air diapraghm pumps are good, they are all based on the US Patent that run out by Jim Wilden of Wilden Pumps.
You want a Poly Pump. Kynar is better, but more expensive.
Stay AWAY from metal pumps.
Teflon or Santropene or Viton, even EDPM, are all good for the inside parts of the pump.
If anyone is thinking about buying a roof cleaning pump, and not sure, email me at ka7niq@yahoo.com before you mess up.
I will not let you make a mistake.

here is us cleaning a roof with a manlift

John Burdine Jr

Contributing Member
I'm thinking about throwing a hose reel on there for my roof hose but not running the love through it. Should take less than a minute to quick connect/disconnect to my pump every time. Do you still think the reel will get ruined?