• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Flatwork Cleaning Seed

ReVamp Hawaii PW

Flatwork Cleaning Speed

Hey guys,

How quick could you clean a 4ft wide sidewalk thats 1000 ft long, surface has dirt and slight algae? I used my wand for the edges and a 32in surface cleaner for the rest. It took me 3.5 hrs, is that too slow?

Last edited:

Jim Cooney

Never understood the use of a wand for the edges. Our spinners do the edges perfectly. Only wanding we do is around obstacles, 90 degree corners, ect,

Your question involves 4000 square foot. No more than 2 hours, max, unless you have 100's of pieces of gum to pop, that add another 30 to 45 minutes, using low pressure steam.

ReVamp Hawaii PW

Thanks for the response, Its good to know how efficent others are cleaning, so that I can use that as a guide for me to improve. Next job I will try a quicker technique without losing workmanship.
I used the wand to get the corner area where the surface meets a wall, my surface cleaner doesnt get in that tight spot, thats probably the problem.

Jim Cooney

We first blow off the debris, then apply our secret sauce, spin every available square inch, rinse, then heat up and start popping gum and if we notice an area like a corner where the spinner could not get, then we hit that during this final step.

Hope that helps.

Jim Cooney

:10laughs:No worries. I'd be willing to have you fly me out to Hawaii for some on site, free educational training. The wife I'm sure will want to come also, see is good at a lot of things, like taking pictures and keeping us fed and happy. Let me know when our plane tickets will be ready.

ReVamp Hawaii PW

:10laughs:No worries. I'd be willing to have you fly me out to Hawaii for some on site, free educational training. The wife I'm sure will want to come also, see is good at a lot of things, like taking pictures and keeping us fed and happy. Let me know when our plane tickets will be ready.

Yeah sure no problem, as long as you bring your trailer with you and leave it in Hawaii for awhile, lol.

Jim Cooney

Done. Get the luau ready. I have friends in Diamond Head who have been begging me to come out an be a superintendent for their heavy construction company.