• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

How do you?

cleanhoods

The poles are a titanium alloy, so they are very strong, about the same hardness as carbon steel. On regular grease we just slide in a regular HD scraper, but on the Chinese and charbroiler we have one that is fashioned from the same titanium alloy that is as sharp as a 2" razor blade but won't break or get dull like the razor blades.

I understand strong what i am wondering about is the flimsyness?Also hell of a angle on the blade to doeas that help it scrape easier all the way?
Marko

Christopher Bunn

And the wild=azz claims on your web site. I understand if you are a newby, you are allowed to add your experience of 6 months to the experience of your mentors and post the total years on your web site.

So if I use this formula, I get to add your 30+ years of experience to my 10+ years of experience, correct? How do I, at 27 years old, convince my clients that I have over 40 years of experience?:confused:

Matt Bryan

Donating Member
I understand strong what i am wondering about is the flimsyness?Also hell of a angle on the blade to doeas that help it scrape easier all the way?
Marko

It's not flimsy at all, they are very stiff. The angle of the scraper can be adjusted to whatever you want.

cleanhoods

It's not flimsy at all, they are very stiff. The angle of the scraper can be adjusted to whatever you want.

I really like the adjustable part that saves from stroking the pole up and down more.lol sounds kinda dirty how i worded it but not meaning it that way.Anyways like the adjustable part.Now the scraper its self looks like a drywall knife? If so how does that work to scrape the grease? Me my self i use those bend pole scrapers and it seems to work very well as you seen by the pics. I would like to get one of those magnetic scrapers but dont want to buy one and be disapointed like the cannon foamer i bought.Foamer works pretty good but it wastes alot of time to use.Is there some kind of video showing how the magnetic scraper works? What i am meaning by works the whole works of how to operate one you know?
Marko

cleanhoods

Will you be selling these scrapers? I'd like to buy one. My tool budget for this month is $11, I'd like to keep it around $10 so I can buy a clamp too.

You can go to lows and buy a bent pole scraper at the paint supply side for under ten.Or go to Walmart and they have them for like 5 dollars stainless blade works well too this will be at the paint side as well.When you get one sharpen the heck out of it and remember the patern you use to sharpen and sharpen like that every time.Also i flip the blade and give it a couple runs on the grinder too.Sharp Sharp is what you want.Carry at least 2 with you when you go to scrape.
Marko

Matt Bryan

Donating Member
You can put any scraper u want in there, theres a slot that any standard scraper will fit in and lock down. That is a putty knife for hamburger grease. We use the titanium scraper for the hard grease.

Douglas Hicks

So if I use this formula, I get to add your 30+ years of experience to my 10+ years of experience, correct? How do I, at 27 years old, convince my clients that I have over 40 years of experience?:confused:

Because I have shared some of my experience and knowledge with you, you can claim some of my 30 years experience. But that is OK, because now you can let me claim some of your experience, boosting my total experience. Soon, I will have 100 years experience, more than Johnny.

Double07

I am starting a new business. It called experience guarantee. For a small fee I can take some DNA samples from you and then trace you geneology. I am certain that 100% of you guys are cheating yourselves out of experience especially KEC folks. Do you realize how many ancestors you may have had that used sharp instruments for scraping and such?

Tell you what buddy I don't want to give out all of my trade secrets for free here but for 17 easy payments of 29.95 I can give you rock solid proof of experience. Forget days months years or decades!!! Everybody is doing that already!! Sign up today and I can give you HALF A CENTURY, CENTURY, OR IF YOUR BLOOD LINE IS PURE EVEN A MILLENNIUM! I can trace you back to the Flintstones scraping brontosaurus burger grease off of stone vent hoods!

:party0018::party0018::party0018:

HoodsPlus

I have seen Marko's scraper set up and have to say, it's impressive........... and your secret is safe with me Marko.

Marko's a good Man and a damn good Kitchen exhaust tech. Over the years he's learned a lot of valuable insight into the trade that we could all benefit from. Meeting Marko on a job one night, I learned a lot of "tricks and tips" that have saved me valuable time, and I have been doing this for 16 years and at one time ran 35 hood cleaning trucks.

Keep up the good work Marko.

HoodsPlus

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

35 trucks? all i can say is DAM. how the heck you keep them all going you must cover a quarter of the USA,

Are you in Oregon to?

No..... Not in Oregon........ Other side of the country.....

I worked for a piece of crap company that didn't want to do it right. They ran trucks from Maryland, Va., W. Va, NC, and South Carolina. They were based out of NC. At one time we were running 35 trucks, doing on average of $400K per month. The mix was between Hc, Carpet cleaning and Pest control (different trucks but same division of the company) Sounds good but unfortunately, due to how they ran their business, it cost them about $450K to do it each month. It was completely miss managed, which is why I took it over. I ran the fire divisions for the company, which were profitable and subsidized the loss each month. Once taking over the division, carpet was dropped immediately, it was a huge loser, hood cleaning followed a few months later.

They were more profitable running $300K a month in fire and Pest Control then they were with the other entities.

Ken Fenner

John, that is a great (or not so great depending upon perspective) example of how high gross dollars is meaningless when judging a business's success. You described a company that was doing nearly $6M in annual sales and they were losing money. Most of the time that is attributed to unmanaged growth and checkbook accounting. Thank you for the reminder that business is definitely about knowing your numbers.

HoodsPlus

Your absolutely right! Bigger is not always better!

For me, based on age, area and future plans. Our business model / Plan is to grow no larger than $480K - $500 per year. With that, we would have 2 - 2 man trucks and a supervisor. Each truck would turn $15K per month (average $750 per night, per truck) and the supervisor would turn $10K per month. After payroll, Burden, taxes, equipment (operation, repair, replacement) and insurance, that should leave us with a comfortable income of around $100K a year, and have it all manageable.

By the way, my wife and I are the sales staff, repair staff, gofer staff, Laundry Staff, Staff physiologist and doctor, company accountants and advisers, Safety trainers and we feed the dogs everyday. I'm sure there are more hats than that, but thats all I have done so far today...............:saai:

Thats our goal......... We'll see how it pans out. So far so good!