• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

How do you?

cleanhoods

Ok here is a question,what technique do you use when cutting the grease i dont mean with chemical but your pressure washing technique? Here is a start;
Have nozzle about inch in a half to two inches from surface.
Marko

HotShot

I don't use a pressure washer most of the time, so my technique is to hold my trigger gun about 8' from the grease and rinse the chemical laden grease away :D

cleanhoods

i like to scrap what i can off first... then spray..so i cut it with my scrapers...:biggrin:

Gary your answer i like.That is the way i do things if it is a hard grease.Gotta go old school first before new.lol. My favorite hand scraper is the 5 in 1 painters scraper good scraper.I hvae 3 i carry all sharp sharp.I found to soak the bowl area of the exhaust fan first let soak few min. then scrape,then resoak then pressure wash ,bam,clean exhaust fan.lol\
Marko

the 5 in one is good i like to use them, but i also always have one of these https://www.hardwareworld.com/Push-Pull-Window-Scraper-p10KBRT.aspx
the ones from wallmart... they are POS but buy a couple with a box of raozrs they work good...
these also are a really good tool http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_...echanic&psid=FROOGLE01&sid=IDx20070921x00003a

but the best of all hands down is this...

http://www.ductscraper.com/GPCC-ORDER.htm

a combo.. of those scrapers and your job is a lot better...

now only if they had a round magnet duct scraper.:rolleyes:

cleanhoods

Ya the razer scraper i have 3 on hand.Never thought of a gasket scraper got a couple in my tool box i will try.Dont have a duct scraper,neat tool but the price is just to steap for me.Maybe they will go down on the price one day. I like my bent pole scrapers they work well just keep them sharp is the key plus the type of pole used helps them work better,which i cannot share the type of pole i use but one day i get to know ya better i'll let you knoe this pole i use would work also with your duct scraper as well.Those fiber glass poles i dont like to flexable and just not to durable for my type of scraping.
Marko

I don't think they will come down on the Scraper..all i can say it's worth every penny.

I tried lots of pole scraper combos. no luck they all lost their ability after about 10 feet down the duct. not enough leverage.

cleanhoods

I don't think they will come down on the Scraper..all i can say it's worth every penny.

I tried lots of pole scraper combos. no luck they all lost their ability after about 10 feet down the duct. not enough leverage.

The problem isnt the leverage its the pole its self.those painter poles are too flimsy and limp causes that problem.Plus you need a sharp sharp scraper as well.When you let the blade go down dont pull the pole so hard just a light pull and the blade will do the job for you.Basically the you can use one arm and let the scraper do the job.I am sure the mag. scraper is a good product but i think the price is just to much.I am accually working on a mod for my scraper set up that will be cost friendly.Also i am working on the round duct as well.I will sell these products for 250.00,lol.just joking about the sale thing.
Marko

Daniel Hulbert

Have to agree with Gary on this I have two of these scrapers and they are worth every penny and then some. A must have if your serious about cleaning the systems to "BARE METAL"dh

the 5 in one is good i like to use them, but i also always have one of these https://www.hardwareworld.com/Push-Pull-Window-Scraper-p10KBRT.aspx
the ones from wallmart... they are POS but buy a couple with a box of raozrs they work good...
these also are a really good tool http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_...echanic&psid=FROOGLE01&sid=IDx20070921x00003a

but the best of all hands down is this...

http://www.ductscraper.com/GPCC-ORDER.htm

a combo.. of those scrapers and your job is a lot better...

now only if they had a round magnet duct scraper.:rolleyes:

Marko i would love to see you scarper.. like a said i was also very hesitant to buy the magnet scraper, but now looking back i wish that was my first tool ever..

Marko, i give you props if you have constructed a scraper that could be closely compared to the magnet scraper..that's awesome..

cleanhoods

Have to agree with Gary on this I have two of these scrapers and they are worth every penny and then some. A must have if your serious about cleaning the systems to "BARE METAL"dh

Oh believe me i do bring it down to "BARE METAL"dh.With the scrapers i got.Like i said i make sure it is well worth it but i am doing the same work with what i got.Now i would guess the duct scraper would be more muscle friendly though:clap:
Marko

cleanhoods

Marko i would love to see you scarper.. like a said i was also very hesitant to buy the magnet scraper, but now looking back i wish that was my first tool ever..

Marko, i give you props if you have constructed a scraper that could be closely compared to the magnet scraper..that's awesome..

Maybe one day Gary.Sometimes technique and some equiptment has to be kept trade secrets.When i started didnt know there was tools of the trade so had to kinda invent things so the job can be done correctly.Thank you Gary for the props.Yes building things just from an idea is what i like to do.Building two heads that will be easier to use,durable and versitail.You know even for the round duct.:coool:
Marko

Last edited:

Matt Bryan

Donating Member
We invented one about 5 years ago that rivals the magnetic.

Attachments

• scraper1.jpg
    scraper1.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 78
  • scraper2.jpg
    scraper2.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 81
  • scraper3.jpg
    scraper3.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 81

cleanhoods

Oh oh here goes the foamer question agian,lol.DH everyone is probably going to recommend that you purchase a factory made one probably at Delco_Or a pump up at sanation tools.Or foam cannon but has to be modified.This is a foam cannon foam.
Marko

Last edited:

Matt Bryan

Donating Member
Nice tool by the way looks to be galv. conduit but would be a little flimsy wouldnt it?
Marko

The poles are a titanium alloy, so they are very strong, about the same hardness as carbon steel. On regular grease we just slide in a regular HD scraper, but on the Chinese and charbroiler we have one that is fashioned from the same titanium alloy that is as sharp as a 2" razor blade but won't break or get dull like the razor blades.