• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Teacher tells my 10 yr old there is no Santa!!!!

John Tornabene

Member Guest
A couple of weeks ago my daughters 10 yr old teacher had the gaul to tell the class there is no Santa. My Daughter comes home and tells us what happened and she thought the teacher was right.

I almost fell out of my chair that a teacher would tell these 10 yr olds this. Has this country gone mad?? Should the positive spirit be knocked right out of these kids where they have no fond thoughts of there youth because a teacher killed there dreams??

My daughter tells me that basically she was on the fence anyway about if Santa is real or not and of course I now tell her its the spirit of St. Nick and thats what counts. Its in your heart. She tells me no there is no such think as Santa because her teacher said so. UNBELIEVABLE!!

Long story short. Someone said something to this teacher because now she says to the class there is the spirit of Santa and that could mean many things.

I'll tell you what happened. This teacher cross the line to deflate these little kids dreams that believe in x-mas. I won't say what religion this teacher is because to me thats irrelevent. This teacher the very next day had to correct herself because she was probably warned of the consequences of her actions.

Now my daughter believes in the spirit of Santa and I'm happy for her. No teacher should push there religious thoughts on there students ever in a public school.

Life is to short and the teacher corrected herself so its a non issue. But Jeeeez let these kids have there dreams..

Rob Huffman

DAYUM you!!! I was on the fence about that as well. But now you have me believing there isnt one. I cannot believe the bombshell you just dropped...

Anyways, at least the spirit lives on. Thats more than what it sounds like the teacher believes in. Maybe someone gave her coal as a child?

Russ Spence

A couple of weeks ago my daughters 10 yr old teacher had the gaul to tell the class there is no Santa. My Daughter comes home and tells us what happened and she thought the teacher was right.

I almost fell out of my chair that a teacher would tell these 10 yr olds this. Has this country gone mad?? Should the positive spirit be knocked right out of these kids where they have no fond thoughts of there youth because a teacher killed there dreams??

My daughter tells me that basically she was on the fence anyway about if Santa is real or not and of course I now tell her its the spirit of St. Nick and thats what counts. Its in your heart. She tells me no there is no such think as Santa because her teacher said so. UNBELIEVABLE!!

Long story short. Someone said something to this teacher because now she says to the class there is the spirit of Santa and that could mean many things.

I'll tell you what happened. This teacher cross the line to deflate these little kids dreams that believe in x-mas. I won't say what religion this teacher is because to me thats irrelevent. This teacher the very next day had to correct herself because she was probably warned of the consequences of her actions.

Now my daughter believes in the spirit of Santa and I'm happy for her. No teacher should push there religious thoughts on there students ever in a public school.

Life is to short and the teacher corrected herself so its a non issue. But Jeeeez let these kids have there dreams..
I will be she is a jew or muslim! Or worse a DAMN YANKEE! (thats a religion isnt it?)

John Tornabene

Member Guest
I will be she is a jew or muslim! Or worse a DAMN YANKEE! (thats a religion isnt it?)
The only religion that has the word Yankee attached to it is Fans of the NY Yankees:tongue:

I think the teacher is a Christian who just had a "Moron" moment. My daughter and her friends who some had there doubts now believe in the spirit of Santa so maybe this wasn't as bad as it first started to be.

Hey Rob didn't I read somewhere that you were an Elf at one time?? So there must be a Santa:wink:

Rob Huffman

Doug, really man dont ruin them all for me at once...please?...lol.

John, Dont hate the spirit. Besides I hear there was another elf in the Philadelphia area and the big round guy lives in New York...Let the spirit live on...

Allison Hester

The tooth fairy completely forgot to visit Ethan recently. Ethan said, "Mommy that's ok. Why don't we just pretend YOU'RE the tooth fairy." And yes Rob, she is real. She just couldn't get a visitor pass onto the military base where I live. (Hmmmm. I wonder if Santa will be allowed on. I better talk to the guards at the front gate.)

James VanHandle

UAMCC-Member
Most of the teachers by us today cant even speak good english no less teach it. Dont get me wrong im not a hating guy but when I went to my kids first grade teacher confrence I needed an interpreter. I cant speak Muslum. Neither will my kids! Were did all the American teachers go?

John Tornabene

Member Guest
Thats one reason we home school our kids!!!! I dont want some jack wagon teacher filling my kids head with the wrong stuff!!

I agree with this to a point except to saythis. Attending school is not just about learning academics. Its also learning about socializing,interacting with peers, interacting within a group setting and just gaining all around confidence to survive in the ever changing world. To just get the view of the parents who themselves can be skewed at times will leave the kid in a world of loss in the complex life thats ahead of them once they leave there parents nest.

I admire you Jim for having the will to do this to your kids and I've read at times it does work but on the most part I feel kids deserve to learn from more then just us the parents because we can be so wrong on many things and due to our stubborness we may see things incorrectly... and please don't ask me for an example of this.

John Tornabene

Member Guest
Another thing Jim do you get some kind of tax break when you home school?? Our School taxes are about $7000/yr and if I sent my kids to Catholic school I would still have to pay the public school taxes. So how do you get around that?

James VanHandle

UAMCC-Member
John,
We do not get any tax breaks from our township. There are so many programs out there in which our kids get the interaction with other kids and people. Maybe even more so. We will not home school our kids all the way through the 12 grades. Just start them out on how to learn. We can only try our best. We only have one shot at it.

John Tornabene

Member Guest
John,
We do not get any tax breaks from our township. There are so many programs out there in which our kids get the interaction with other kids and people. Maybe even more so. We will not home school our kids all the way through the 12 grades. Just start them out on how to learn. We can only try our best. We only have one shot at it.

Good point. You know Jim I always find it intriguing when people find a successful way to go against the norm even if the norm is at most times successful in itself. What is the basic driving force to start kids out home schooled??

William Page

Kudos to the teacher. I wish more people had the backbone to quit spreading lies. I remember asking my parents who Santa was when I was little and she told me that it was something created to take away from the birth of Christ and the real meaning of Christmas. My 4 year old's pre-school teacher sent home a note last week asking why my youngest son was telling the kids in his class that Santa Claus was a "phoney baloney". Gotta love my boys.