• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Skids - Whats your preference

Russ Spence

Ours would still be Alkota, we have several running that are old and we have done very little work on them.

I absolutly hate Pressure Pros ........... GARBAGE in my oponion!

However, we do have 2 new Hydroteks that I am very impressed with but the verdict is still out. Its looking very promising though for Hydrotek!

Michael Kreisle

Contributing Member
Pressure Pros

No problems at all. My first skid was a Landa. No problems with it either. It just cost DOUBLE what the Pressure Pros did.

IMO, they are engine, pump, and burner. All the rest is fluff.

Russ Spence

Mike I guess I should have said this differently, I have had pressure pro's and the part I had the most trouble with was the frames not holding up and the wiring, welds breaking was a bitch!

The wiring was aweful, I opened an igniter and only to find all the wires just twisted together, no wire nuts, no butt connectors, not even any tape they were all just crammed in there shorting each other out.

The components were ok, general pumps are general pumps, 30 min to rebuild every now and then, a honda is a honda.

Basically I just had a real pronlem with the overall construction.

Last edited:
Mike I guess I should have said this differently, I have had pressure pro's and the part I had the most trouble with was the frames not holding up and the wiring, welds breaking was a bitch!

The wiring was aweful, I opened an igniter and only to find all the wires just twisted together, no wire nuts, no butt connectors, not even any tape they were all just crammed in there shorting each othe out.

The componants were ok, general pum
.ps are general pumps, 30 min to rebuild every now and then, a honda is a honda.

Basically I just had a real pronlem with the overall construction.

I completely agree with you on the wiring! I have almost entirely re-wired one my PP skids..And just like you said, the igniter was just crammed full with alot of them exposed!! But I will say that I have not had any problems whatsoever with PP skid that has the vertical burner!?!? The one with the horizontal burner I am scared to crank sometimes in fear of what will happen this time!!