• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

John Deere PW

Ronnie

My local Home Improvement store has a John Deere cold water , two wheel, 4gpm, 3800psi ,Heavy Duty,Proffessional grade triplex pump,Honda GX390 engine.this is on clearance for $700. direct drive. I do understand belt drive is better.This unit would be used for housewashing and cold water flat work. Just for starters. Just looking to cut start up cost if possible.Thanks

My local Home Improvement store has a John Deere cold water , two wheel, 4gpm, 3800psi ,Heavy Duty,Proffessional grade triplex pump,Honda GX390 engine.this is on clearance for $700. direct drive. I do understand belt drive is better.This unit would be used for housewashing and cold water flat work. Just for starters. Just looking to cut start up cost if possible.Thanks

Its junk, stay away, you can buy from many reputable manufacturers or dealers on this board for not much more $$.

James VanHandle

UAMCC-Member
One of my guys bought one of those and thought he would do some side work! It lasted two months and the pump went. Dont waste your money. Get profesional equipment if you do profesional grade work.

Guy Blackmon

Its a matter of oponion but I wouldnt waste my money?

Yes Sir!! You don't skimp on equipment. Cut Start-Up cost some where else, don't cut cost on the one thing that will be making your Business Money. That makes no sense. Just Residential.... 5.5gpm or 8 gpm cold water Pressure Pro machine will run you about $3000.00 and change. Commercial.... same thing but Hot Water runs $5000-$6000.

Check ebay and craigslist.

Good Luck!!

Jim Cooney

John Deere heavy equipment... good. This "pressure Washer"...junk. Good, I suppose, if you're a home owner, with plenty of cash to waste, that only wants to use it a few times.

You want top quality equipment that will still be in your budget (as long as your start-up cost budget is reasonable), Russ and/or Paul would be great resources.

They will both tell you hot water is king, and you'll regret wasting your $$$ skimping on your initial investment.

James VanHandle

UAMCC-Member
Just put equipment into perspective. You purchase a 5-8 gal per min hot water machine (skid) that cost around $5000-6000 dollars (investment). It lasts you 5-6 years and you make $150,000 per year from using that equipment x 5yrs= $750,000. Does it make sense to purchase unprofesional equipment?? This forum will guide you to build your business correctly. Take its advice and have fun doing it.

Jeremiah

I bought one "used" still had the tags on it. I got it for cheap and tought it would make a good back up. The unloader went bad on the first day. Haven't fixed it yet. Thinking about taking the junk ar pump off and replacing it with a belt driven general.

Nick Terzo

I guess I just got lucky with mine seeing that lots of us PW frown upon it. But mine is 3 1/2 years old and has ran at LEAST 3 times a week usually 5-7 hours a day during the summer and a bit through the winter. Never a Problem. I always change the oil and plug regularly. I have nothing bad to say about the JD PW. I belive you mantain it correctly and watch your gauges (low/high pressure) anything can last.
But yes they are not our typical Professional PW