• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Anyone have any experiance with Bidslot?

Douglas Hicks

I have used Bid Slot. My experience is that you need to write down your instructions to April. If you do not, there will be problems with your expectations. She contacted industries I said not to, but did not contact industries I wanted to focus on. Some people she contacted were already customers, but she made appointments with them, despite what they told her. But she did replace those currrent customers with other prospects. We agreed that Monday would be the day we would follow up with the contacts she had made during the previous week. But, I might not get the prospect list until Thursday, Friday, Saturday or Sunday. By then, I had filled Monday up with service calls. April will get you prospects, but you need to write write your specific instructions down and send them to her.

One thing about April's operation I should have mentioned earlier, She does not market to everyone in an area. If you sign up, she does not work with you competitor.

Last edited:

Tony Shelton

Environmental Consultant / Past Director
We haven't used them only because I think selling our work would be too much trial and error for them since we do mostly HVAC. My son might do something with them on Restaurants though.

Jim Cooney

I appreciate the open, unbiased discussion, understanding that BidSlot does advertise here on the UAMCC.

Since I do not have any experience with BidSlot, or any other referral sources, I would probably stick with what has been successful for us over the years. We know our market and have build a solid foundation.

My "assumption" is the BidSlot's specialty is related to hood cleaning leads, but that is only an assumption and the main reason I am interested in the responses this thread will generate.

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member
Bidslot is great, April is very impressive. She knows here stuff , I have talked with her about PM's soliciting. She wants to learn and I'm open to sharing with her. Her and Josh are very reputable and good folks to work with. They attended a Few NCE events during 2010, they generated a few customers. Of course there loyalty to those customer are great.

Mr. Jim C, Bidslot is a member of this organization. I surely hope that doesnt change your opionion of them. Maybe I'm reading your comment wrong as it always seem I do. I would think we would be more likely to use vendors from the org than ones who do not support?
Bidslot.jpg

Bidlsot Supports the UAMCC and I'm in favor not just for that reason but straight out because April produces what she says. I hope more folks like Mr Hicks will give her the props she deserves in this thread.

Last edited:

Jim Cooney

My post(s) never express an opinion, or mention anything negative about BidSlot Ron. I stated at least once that I appreciated the unbiased, open discussion, as I think should be made about any vendor, supplier or contractor, whether of not a member of this or any other organization. This thread is in the Contractor to Contractor section, so (assuming) it is only visible to paid members, all of whom should be allowed to ask direct questions relating to services, reliability and productiveness, as has been done numerous times in the past relating to United Hose, Envirospec and other paid advertising sponsors.

If I had a previous relationship with BidSlot, or as I have in the past with other vendors and/or suppliers, whether or not members here on the UAMCC, I am known for speaking the truth about my experiences.

My hopes and assumptions are still to learn about members positive relationships and results provided from BidSlot. I contacted April yesterday morning, before this thread was even started, to make several inquiries. Not just only because BidSlot is a member of this organization, but that they offer a unique, industry related service, that I might entertain using someday, if the services are deemed worth the investment.

Mr. Hicks provided some great feedback, not sure all was positive but still I for one appreciated his review. Unlike a hose or equipment supplier, BidSlot has found a "niche" market, and I wish them all the best and a very prosperous and generous future.

Mr. Jim C, Bidslot is a member of this organization. I surely hope that doesnt change your opionion of them. Maybe I'm reading your comment wrong as it always seem I do. I would think we would be more likely to use vendors from the org than ones who do not support?

Paul Kassander

UAMCC Associate Member
I have used them for a few months now and they have developed some quality leads for me. Flat work and Hoods are easier for them as they have a lot of experience with them. Fleets are new but they have been steadily improving. You need to be specific on the areas you want to service (by zip code is easiest) and your leads will be much better.

Russ Spence

I am intrested but I am a tight wad when it comes to out sourcing my marketing, I am a hands on guy but this is sort of like hiring a salesperson too and its way cheaper than an employee.

Jim Cooney

I agree with you Russ. Our marketing and sales have always been done "in house", under our own quality standards and specifically targeted markets.

Michael Tessaro

From what I understand, talking to other greasers who have used Bidslot, it is a good return on the $$. I havent heard about others such as flatworkers using the service.