• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

You ever Clean line on interiors?

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member
MVC-773F.jpg

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member
yes, yes, ye (system needs 10 characters to post, so there are 10 characters)

Hello Doug, what are some dangers in cleaning line equipment?

I have one tip, make sure the grease is not hot when cleaning. Dont get water in the cold grease either. Thats a nitemare when the help turns them on in the morning.

Another, make sure you plug coolers back in.

Safeclean

Ron
I can't tell if that fryer is missing the front door or not,but if it has the front door and they keep it closed,that fryer tank leaks and is a fire hazard.If it is missing the front door and that grease build up is from splashing grease it is also a fire hazard.You can tell if you look on the bottom of the fryer tank and you see grease oozing out of one of the seams.It's best to toss the fryer and buy another one,since welding the tanks is usually a short term fix,and replacing the tank on a standard 40lb fryer is not usually worth it(it is on a pressure fryer since they are roughly $10k new).If you choose to clean it charge them high,because after you clean it and it does not work right the cost to repair it by a restaurant equipment repair company will be a lot more than the price of cleaning.I would stay away from it unless they are a good customer and you explain the liability before hand.That fryer is a cheap fryer,but many pieces of restaurant equipment costs into the thousands of dollars,and some of the computer boards are upwards of $1k with the labor and it is better to stay away from cleaning.Steam vapor machines and good degreaser reduce the chance of water intrusion on expensive control panels and melt the grease,but sometimes the build up is so severe only a hot pressure washer is the only thing that will make a dent in it.Cleaning restaurant equipment is one of the things I hate the most,restaurant equipment is a side business of mine(I have a whole warehouse full of it)

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member
Ron
I can't tell if that fryer is missing the front door or not,but if it has the front door and they keep it closed,that fryer tank leaks and is a fire hazard.If it is missing the front door and that grease build up is from splashing grease it is also a fire hazard.You can tell if you look on the bottom of the fryer tank and you see grease oozing out of one of the seams.It's best to toss the fryer and buy another one,since welding the tanks is usually a short term fix,and replacing the tank on a standard 40lb fryer is not usually worth it(it is on a pressure fryer since they are roughly $10k new).If you choose to clean it charge them high,because after you clean it and it does not work right the cost to repair it by a restaurant equipment repair company will be a lot more than the price of cleaning.I would stay away from it unless they are a good customer and you explain the liability before hand.That fryer is a cheap fryer,but many pieces of restaurant equipment costs into the thousands of dollars,and some of the computer boards are upwards of $1k with the labor and it is better to stay away from cleaning.Steam vapor machines and good degreaser reduce the chance of water intrusion on expensive control panels and melt the grease,but sometimes the build up is so severe only a hot pressure washer is the only thing that will make a dent in it.Cleaning restaurant equipment is one of the things I hate the most,restaurant equipment is a side business of mine(I have a whole warehouse full of it)

Very good advice, we will not be responsible and we get them to sign off on that. We often make them pretreat and suggest what to use. Often the joints are closed for remodel on most of these cleanings. Often they are seeing what they can salvage or needs replaced. I have even been told they are cleaning them for trade. I hardly think that gets them anymore, hey if they think they will clean away.

A small piece of advice is that your allowing the chems to do most of your work and they should not be pluged back in for less than 24 hours if your doing a high pressure cleaning.

We are seeing alot remodeling going on right now.