• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Pricing for Fleet Wash

gepw44

I am looking to get some help on doing some fleet washing. I have been asked to price out a fleet wash that would consist of 150 F-150 trucks, 3 times per week. What are the going rates per truck? The water must be reclaimed which is not a problem. Should I be charging more for that? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Guy Blackmon

Ken, do you have any idea what the other guys are charging? What do you figure as far as time per truck? How much detail do they want from the wash...ie tire shine, inside cleaned? Can you provide more info?

I am looking to get some help on doing some fleet washing. I have been asked to price out a fleet wash that would consist of 150 F-150 trucks, 3 times per week. What are the going rates per truck? The water must be reclaimed which is not a problem. Should I be charging more for that? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

There is a huge difference between they want 150 trucks rinsed off with DI water 3 times a week vs. 150 trucks that need a two step or soap and brush wash. Be more specific. Reclaim?? what equipment do you have for this? Where will you dispose of the waster water. This should raise your price depending on your disposal costs and what type of equipment you use.
Too many variables to consider for a solid answer....

What does the market in your service area bear for such service that the client is seeking.....? Thats your answer.
Best of Luck with it!

Jim Cooney

There's a "fella" here in the Phoenix area that does fleets, suppose to be reclaimed (not), and get's $4.00 each. $7.50 for a backhoe (I have never done a backhoe for less than $225). Not going to mention any names but his contract is public record as it is a County contract.

Sad but true.

gepw44

Ok guys, here is the deal. There are two types of trucks to be washed. It's a mid sized van and a UPS style truck. The details are as follows:

20-60 vehicles 3 times per week.
soap, brush and rinse
reclaim waste water
1 year contract

Seems very straight forward. This is a VERY big company.

What are your thoughts on pricing?

Paul Kassander

UAMCC Associate Member
If you are doing them 3 times a week they should not get too dirty so brushing should be random and not necessary every time. That being said with recollection and assuming 60 units per wash...

Vans $6.00-10.00 ea
Trucks $11.00 15 ea

If you have to haul the water off site for disposal price on the higher end. If you can discharge on site lower end.

If there are less than 40 units I would add a surcharge or a higher rate. Companies will do that sometimes. "oh we have 60 trucks whats your price? Great, lets just wash 10 a week for that price ok?"....

Chris Tharpe

what paul said however also you could price it as this set amount per wash no matter if there are 40 or 80 units there. Most of the time you will be way under the total they say are in service.