• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

who has the best hose for applying roof cleaning mix? light and flexible

Bob Gomez

I have purchased a Udor Pump with a gas engine accompany. The hose I got is way to stiff (like plastic). The pump works up to 300 psi. Any help would be appreciated..thanks Bob G

Russ Spence

I use only one kind, I like the Goodyear pliovic hose, very easy to handle, extremely durable and I would not use anything else.

images

We use 3/4" hose because of the psi from our pump - 1/2" puts too much stress on the pump. The diameter is important to what type of pump you have. The hose isn't flat, and does need to be straightened out before ever use. It's not as bad as pressure washing hose, though.

Check out this info from Chris Tucker over at the RCIA:
Low-priced, promotional hoses, usually 1/2" diameter, deliver 9 gal. per minute (gpm), and higher quality hoses with 5/8" diameter deliver 17 gpm. A 3/4" hose delivers 23 gpm, almost three times what a 1/2" hose delivers. The larger the inside diameter of the hose, the less pressure loss over any distance. If the pressure is low (under 40 psi), the hose is running uphill, or is extra long, then the largest size hose available should be used to minimize pressure loss in the hose line.

And, if you are interested - contact Bob at Pressure Tek

Bob Gomez

Thanks again for the help..one more question. On an average house, say 1,500 sq. feet. How much product would you intend to use roughly?

Chris Tucker

Chris a mix for that 50 gallons would that be 20 gallons SH and #0 gallons soapy water or is that to strong.
It all depends on the strength of the SH you get Chris. That is a 40 percent solution, what we use for Tile roofs! For shingle roofs, I would drop down to 15 gallons, assuming your SH is fresh.

Bill Booz

UAMCC Board of Directors
Morgan is mistaken, we use 5/8 kuri-tek pvc clad.
we buy it here:
Delmarva Rubber & Gasket Co 1004 Mattlind Way, Milford, DE 19963-5300 (302) 424-8300 ‎

I believe Bob at Pressure Tek sells it as well.

Here is a link to Kuri-Tek with the proper codes for the product. They make lots of different hose.

Polyair Water and air hose

Chris Tucker

I have purchased a Udor Pump with a gas engine accompany. The hose I got is way to stiff (like plastic). The pump works up to 300 psi. Any help would be appreciated..thanks Bob G
That is called AG Hose, and it will soften up with use. Ag Hose is still the best as far as longevity and anti kink goes. True, it is stiff when new, but like a mercedes benz, it softens up over time.

Chris Tucker

Good to see you around Chris

Ron Musgraves text me for questions 480-522-5227 Pressure Washing Institute
I twisted my back Ron, and it caused unreal pain in my right leg from the Sciatic Nerve. I have had to take Percoset 10 mg pain pills just to walk, and they make me queasy from all the acetimenophen (Tylenol) in them.