• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Hello from VA

Beach Washers

Hey everyone, this is Scott Capewell from the Hampton Roads area of Virginia. I primarily specialize in residential pressure washing, however am looking to grow the company into commercial and fleet washing this year. I am excited to be a part of this forum. I've been reading quite a few of the posts and it's pretty amazing to have a group of people so devoted to helping each other out! I look forward to learning new ways to improve my business and having future conversations with all of you!

Beach Washers

Thanks for the welcome everyone!
John, I will definitely look you up. I'll call you this week, glad to see theres more than one provider on here from Hampton Roads.

Beach Washers

Actually Randy I do have a question. I've used a combination of bleach and detergent through an injector forever to clean houses. I've tried using "monster" house cleaner, it worked ok but not great. I'm looking to get away from chlorine bleach products. I've never killed any plants or grass or anything with this mixture but i'm noticing I get headaches after using it for the day. Do you have any recommendations of a product that will remove the mold/mildew as good as bleach? There's alot of products out there, not sure what to try. Is there a cleaner that works well on vinyl and brick homes? Or is there specific for each type of surface?

Beach Washers

Roger and Celeste- Thank you

Michael- Thanks for the welcome, and you know that's funny I never even thought of that until now!! haha It's a fun game!

Side note to my previous question...I'm obviously new to this, should i repost that question in a different thread to get more responses? I've been pressure washing the same way for the last 10 years and have had great customer feedback with it. However after reading through these threads, I've realized that there is so much more to learn and room for improvement/advancement to more modern practices. wow i guess ignorance on my behalf was bliss, I'd like to thank everyone in advance for your help. :)

John Tornabene

Member Guest
Actually Randy I do have a question. I've used a combination of bleach and detergent through an injector forever to clean houses. I've tried using "monster" house cleaner, it worked ok but not great. I'm looking to get away from chlorine bleach products. I've never killed any plants or grass or anything with this mixture but i'm noticing I get headaches after using it for the day. Do you have any recommendations of a product that will remove the mold/mildew as good as bleach? There's alot of products out there, not sure what to try. Is there a cleaner that works well on vinyl and brick homes? Or is there specific for each type of surface?
Hey Scott We tried a few Cleaners over the years that don't have Sodium Hypochlorite(Bleech) in it and none worked as good as a nice strong mixture of the Love(A certain term another Roof Cleaner started years ago). My suggestion since time = $$$$ and a reasonably strong bleach house wash solution works the fastest, Start wearing mask that have the cannisters that keep the bleach deadly poisons out of your lungs. Money is great but Good Health is better. Thats what I would recommend.
Good Luck.

Beach Washers

Hey Scott We tried a few Cleaners over the years that don't have Sodium Hypochlorite(Bleech) in it and none worked as good as a nice strong mixture of the Love(A certain term another Roof Cleaner started years ago). My suggestion since time = $$$$ and a reasonably strong bleach house wash solution works the fastest, Start wearing mask that have the cannisters that keep the bleach deadly poisons out of your lungs. Money is great but Good Health is better. Thats what I would recommend.
Good Luck.

Thanks John, It's reassuring to hear that. I was thinking maybe I was out of the loop on better chimicals. "love" I like that! lol. I will look into the respirators, health is definitly more important. I've gotten better with time at keeping the chemical from being backsplashed on me, but it's inevitable to happen. Again, thanks for the insight.