• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Big Guy Spray Bar

Rob Huffman

Has anyone experienced problems with the spray bars breaking easily? I have one that broke at the reducer and two of them that stripped the tips out.

Rob Huffman

LOL...thats the problem. There wasnt anything there. We were in the middle of a huge sidewalk. The tips I could see breaking with hitting stuff but the reducer breaking off?

Rob,
I would check the height of the handle vs. the height of the person operating the surface cleaner. If the operator cannot see over the handle, you may be hitting stuff that you cannot other wise see, therefore breaking things blindly. The power of the rotation may also lead to scattering of the item that was hit leading to the inability to see what you hit locally.
Try wood blocks on the bottom of your boots and let us know the results!
Mike.

John Tornabene

Member Guest
Rob,
I would check the height of the handle vs. the height of the person operating the surface cleaner. If the operator cannot see over the handle, you may be hitting stuff that you cannot other wise see, therefore breaking things blindly. The power of the rotation may also lead to scattering of the item that was hit leading to the inability to see what you hit locally.
Try wood blocks on the bottom of your boots and let us know the results!
Mike.
LOLOL....Wow Rob you have to admit that was funny. Mike needs to get into a Rodeo ring with you and a 2000lb Bull. My guess is that Mike would get horned in the Azz while running away from the bull while you sit in there eating popcorn....lol But then again Mike would more realistically pull out some cannons and blast out the Bulls eyes and kill him instantly while the people in the crowd suddenly scream because they never seen that at a Rodeo..lol

We all know that having the right equipment for the job is very important. On that note, perhaps Rob could use the "little guy" surface cleaner instead.......?

Chris Tharpe

I have herd mention and thought about calling steel eagle and having them make a metal spray bar for me to big guy specs. I never think about it until we rip the tips out of one but its a good idea. How many on this board constantly go through the same problem, employees ripping the tips out of big guys. I can't ever remember us tearing up a steel eagle spray bar and have herd no mention of anyone else doinng the same. If I remember correctly they need a big guy spray bar to make a replacement to get the specs right on the new one but they may already have done this for someone else and can just use a jig thats already made up.

Another idea especially since the bars would be cheaper and made of heavier metals that dont break so easily

Rob Huffman

Chris,
I am thinking the same thing and have several surface cleaners that I have NEVER had a problem with the bar...in years with hundreds of hours. I feel bad putting this out publicly but wanted to know the general census of what others have had to deal with when using the big guy. The tip issue was on thing but breaking the reducer really made the light bulb go off.

Mike,
Hey bud. I heard from a reliable source you are doing roof washing and using the fat guy? I mean fat boy. Hows that working out for you Big Buy?

Chris Tharpe

I have no problems putting it out there. I went to their booth at the convention and was very upfront with them. They claimed to have never herd anything like that about tips ripping out and stripping the holes. At that point I just decided were going a different route but haven't done anything yet. We did fairly well last year with them and went through 4 bars between 2 rigs. Not bad but I still have the stock bars in the steel eagle's

Chris,
I am thinking the same thing and have several surface cleaners that I have NEVER had a problem with the bar...in years with hundreds of hours. I feel bad putting this out publicly but wanted to know the general census of what others have had to deal with when using the big guy. The tip issue was on thing but breaking the reducer really made the light bulb go off.

Mike,
Hey bud. I heard from a reliable source you are doing roof washing and using the fat guy? I mean fat boy. Hows that working out for you Big Buy?

Rob Huffman

Chris,
We have never went thru bars before on any of the surface cleaners. I think us going thru them so quickly has made me think of other routes as well. What route are you going if you dont mind sharing?

Gene Beck

We have also stripped tips out. But only when we hit something (or one of my employees cross threads it). But I agree, the steel eagle bars never broke off from hitting something. I have a couple of bars that have adjustable wands and when you hit something it spins tip around then all you have to do is loosen nut, reset angle and get busy. I would be very interested in alternative spray bars.

Chris Chappell

I talked to the people at Steel Eagle and they told me that they could make spray bars for other brands, you just have to send them your spray bar and they can make something like what they put on the Steel Eagle surface cleaners.

They still make the adjustable angle spray bars but also make the welded bars so you don't have to carry that plastic card with you or worry about the angle anymore if you are interested.