• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

How Are You Setting Your Company Apart From "The Other Guy's"???

Guy Blackmon

So What's Your Answer???

I've been reading quite a bit about how the "Lowballers" have been "Ticking Off" Contractors with super low prices, I find this strange because it really doesn't effect us. We're selling & closing on the phone, a quality service at an affordable price. So what makes Pressure Kleen Power Washing Service so different???? Why would customers say yes (On The Phone) to an average price of $300.00 over the $99.00 guys???

Are you thinking about the "Next Job" or the next 100 jobs?

Does your Company look Professional From "Head To Toe"??? Website, Equipment, Uniforms, Trucks???

Are you selling a Professional Service Backed With Quality Results or Super Low Prices Because That's all You can Sell???

Think About It.

Randy Borio

All any of us can sell is service. If we take the time to educate the the property owner they will understand the difference between us and them. How does that quote about the bitterness of low price??? Remind the property owner to ask the "other guy" to show proof of insurance, general liability & work comp. Then educate them about the importance of the insurance and why. That is normally all it takes to win over most folks.

Guy Blackmon

Absolutely Randy, education is a key selling point and a way to set your Company apart from the "You Know Who's".

Ever had a Customer "Worry" about using bleach?? Want to know how to "Erase" they're Fears about bleach???

Guy Blackmon

I get that a lot too Chris, I can't believe people set appointments and then don't show!!!

Or even returning phone calls. Many Customers said that we got the job because we were the only Company to return their phone call.

Guy Blackmon

90% of success is just showing up. And yes Guy how do I "Erase" the bleach fear??????

By education Randy. When I talk to a Customer and they ask "Do You Use Bleach???" my response is "Yes We Do" used properly, it is the safest additive to our detergents for killing mold and mildew. Do you know how bleach is made Mrs. Jones??? Well, No I really don't she replies, it's a by product of "Electrified Salt Water" what could be more natural and safer than "Salt Water???"

Anyway this seems to really "Connect" with the customer. You're telling them something they didn't know, and shows that you know what you're talking about.

Works For Me.

Dave Mac

this is a great thread I have been thinking about this a lot latly. One thing I was thinking about is how important it is to get the client on board for the first time and keep them year after year, this being myfirst year going after house washing I really want to try to meet with some of them when they are real close, I leave them a estimate package with refs and ins certificate, been thinking about putting a list of helpful questions when hiring a PW contractors. Once you have done the job for the customer I need to have a way to kep in touch with them. Some type of reminder for their next house wash. I have noticed in this buisness just doing what you say your gonna do helps seperates you.

Russ Spence

when hiring an employee I ask for a copy of their rap sheet!

We work in some really bad areas at night and I would rather those guys that will be there have a rap sheet instead of a resume! LOL

Thats how we are different

Tony Shelton

Environmental Consultant / Past Director
We try to be better, faster, and more economical than our competition. If we can't be at least two out of three of those we need to quit and get a job.

Guy Blackmon

Tony, I think your Company is a Great example. I never thought about "Filter Cleaning" until we met. You explained everything in such detail, and so very well thought out.

Chris Apple

when hiring an employee I ask for a copy of their rap sheet!

We work in some really bad areas at night and I would rather those guys that will be there have a rap sheet instead of a resume! LOL

Thats how we are different

Russ If you'd like I can send you a list of my recent applicants...

We try to present the absolute most professional image we can. I've gotten great response for our professionalism. Ive even been accused of being a franchise a few times.

The biggest thing I have to work on is building value for our potential customers to back up my higher price. Im not a natural born salesman..... I guess Im too honest :)