• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Roof cleaning salution

Tim Fields

hey guys im finding some very useful info on this site i have a question an it may sound dumb. i see yall talking about using a 60/40 mix which i know what that means so my question is i am using downstreaming so of course when i use the SH i put it in a bucket and let it mix it self is that the wrong way? should i use dawn if so how much do dawn would i use in a five gallon bucket of SH. and im asking for doing a house not for a roof i know using a pressure washer is no good for a roof

There are some guys who know what they're doing who do as you describe using SH, water, downstreamed. Most use some type of soap with the SH/water mix. Dawn is often used for a roof cleaning surfactant, but you'll probably get better house wash results if you use a soap made for house washing. Usually, that soap will have detergent builders and water softener agents blended in which helps greatly in the rinse process.

Chris Tucker

hey guys im finding some very useful info on this site i have a question an it may sound dumb. i see yall talking about using a 60/40 mix which i know what that means so my question is i am using downstreaming so of course when i use the SH i put it in a bucket and let it mix it self is that the wrong way? should i use dawn if so how much do dawn would i use in a five gallon bucket of SH. and im asking for doing a house not for a roof i know using a pressure washer is no good for a roof
Forget the downstreaming brother, that is not how we clean roofs in tampa.
You need to get you a dedicated chemical pump. Downstreaming will not allow you to get enough chemical strength to clean a roof, unless you have a very small GPM machine. Even then, it is a hokey way to clean a roof. 12 volt roof cleaning pumps can be had at Northern Tool under 100 dollars, just be sure to use at least 1/2 hose, and 5/8 hose works even better.

Mathew Johnson

it has every thing to do with it, I never had great results until I switched to a dedicated roof pump

I use a Yamada air diaphram pump and a gas powered air compressor, prior to that I used a 12volt Fatboy system with a accumulator tank set at 60 psi

I still run 1/2 inch Goodyear Pliovic hose and a Titan stainless reel with a stainless manifold

To be honest you just cant do it properly with a pump up sprayer plus its way to time consuming and dangerous to boot!

We use the same setup in our box truck with the yamada pump and compressor - had it for six years now - same pump and same compressor with 200 feet of polybraid hose. We have it set up on a manifold with ball valves to draw deck stripper, oxalic, roof mix or a misc detergent.... what ever we need. We have ran everything through this from the things listed to hydrochloric acid, hydroflouric acid, and even readyseal. We have a ball valve plumbed to water so it is easy to rinse it out between chems.

Great system and a great bang for the buck

Bill Booz

UAMCC Board of Directors
We use the same setup in our box truck with the yamada pump and compressor - had it for six years now - same pump and same compressor with 200 feet of polybraid hose. We have it set up on a manifold with ball valves to draw deck stripper, oxalic, roof mix or a misc detergent.... what ever we need. We have ran everything through this from the things listed to hydrochloric acid, hydroflouric acid, and even readyseal. We have a ball valve plumbed to water so it is easy to rinse it out between chems.

Great system and a great bang for the buck

It's true, these systems are very reliable!! I had a similar rig run to a holding tank for SH, mix tank and miscellaneous tank for anything else. The only part that would go bad were the valves. We have been using electricpumps on a smaller truck as a space saver. They are not as dependable.