• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

UAMCC endorses Enviromental BMP

Michael Tessaro

We, ( UAMCC ) as an Organization have decided to endorse The Environmental BMP for Cosmetic Cleaning, as developed by Robert Hinderliter.

The BOD of the UAMCC was approached by Robert Hinderliter seeking an endorsement to the Cosmetic Cleaning BMP, which we had previously worked on with Robert.

As a BOD we feel it is important to be unified in the industry and to speak with one voice on this issue. It is vital as an Organization we stand behind and support this BMP. After discussing the program at length, we have found it to be fair, contractor friendly and in the best interests of our industry. It is currently being adopted by more and more municipalities across the country.

Robert has functioned as Environmental Advisor to the UAMCC in the past. We have recently appointed him to Chair the Environmental Committee of our organization. The position of Vice Chair is unoccupied at this time. Anyone interested in serving in this capacity should contact the BOD.

The UAMCC would like to thank Robert Hinderliter for his foresight and hard work on this issue. He has long been an advocate for the pressure washing industry. We are looking forward to partnering with him and others on this project.

John Orr

UAMCC Treasurer
How do figure that? These BMPs have been in place and functioning for years now. I live in an area where there is a great sensitivity towards the environment and BMPs such as those that Robert developed will allow ALL of us to be compliant with the EPA without the draconian measures implemented in cities such as Houston and without large outlays of cash.

Personally, I prefer to be proactive, rather than defensive.

This isn't proactive it's damaging to every member of this Org and non-member alike.

The BMP's as written turn us into criminals each and every member of the BOD should be ashamed for approving this.How much got added to the UAMCC bank account to get this endorsement.

My mom always said "Son you can't cure stupid",she ws right and this proves it.

William Page

I can think of no other person that has hurt the industry more than this person has. Now a chair position. This caused the demise, I hope, of the PWNA. I can only hope that it will do the same to this org if it is not corrected.

Guy Blackmon

How do figure that? These BMPs have been in place and functioning for years now. I live in an area where there is a great sensitivity towards the environment and BMPs such as those that Robert developed will allow ALL of us to be compliant with the EPA without the draconian measures implemented in cities such as Houston and without large outlays of cash.

Personally, I prefer to be proactive, rather than defensive.

John, with all due respect, this was a uninformed statement. Yes this BMP mirrors the minimum requirements for the EPA, but that doesn't matter....Why? Because we have to follow the BMP's of our State & Local Environmental Authorities. EPA says this is the minimum, but States & Cities are free to go above and beyond i.e Houston. If Contractors in Houston followed this BMP they would be fined, jailed or both. They consider this BMP "Illegal". How many other Cities consider this BMP "Illegal"?

I prefer to be proactive also, so why not work with Robert to implement an "Environmental Standard" that the UAMCC can call it's own? Are we going to lead or follow?

William Page

Leading with a proper direction is not the same as what has happened here. Why do you need to lead? David, you a straight shooting guy and I am sure you no my thoughts on things. What this person is presenting to the washing community is a horrible plan. Vendors should be kept at arms length. I am not sure if you know all that happened in Houston and the back story behind it, but I can assure you that there are well calculated plans behind the proposed BMP's that have nothing to do with benefitting the contractors. Something of this magnitude should have at least been mentioned to the members, if not voted on by them. I thought this org had died of it's own accord, but this may be the final death blow.

David Vicars

William, I know where stand on this.
The reason I say we need to lead, is every one seems to be so hell bent against this BMP, but a totally contractor friemdly is what everybody wants. We need to come together and put it into action. I'm all for that.

William, give me a call. 843-877-3179.

Thad Eckhoff

We need to lead. Are any of you willing to help us lead the way.

If you are the duly elected representative of a for-contractor by-contractor organization you need to act in accordance with the members' beliefs, not make an arbitrary decision that effects every single member's livelihood. I'm going to take my time in deciding how to respond to this action so I don't make a hasty decision. I don't want to let personal relationships or my quick temper cloud my judgement.

And yes, I offered to help. I called Mike in December and told him I was willing to commit the time and resources to fill a BOD position if some real progress was going to be made.

Tony Shelton

Environmental Consultant / Past Director
I haven't responded because I'm speechless. It is being said that this bmp mimics the minimum requirements of the EPA. How is it that I put out copies of the Las Vegas BMP and others (one of which is from Northern California) that have NO requirements for HOT water with no soap and yet this BMP still considers hot water the same as soap? The reason for that is because our cleaning REQUIRES hot water and the authors of the BMP know it. It effectively requires all of us to reclaim and the author has been informed of this fact, yet still leaves the hot water issue in the BMP.

This could only mean two things.

1) The bod is just trying do "something" because they think they are running out of time.

or

2) This is the beginning of a merge.

Either way it's not good.

Back to speechless.

David Vicars

Thad, your offer should of been jumped all over. I know we are friends, but more than that I respect as a man. You see the whole picture better than most I know. Any chance you would still be willing to help.

William, Carlos is not behind the wheel here.

Tony, there is NO merger. I don't know about the running out of time. I'll get back to you on this. I have to head out the door right now.

Russ Spence

I haven't responded because I'm speechless. It is being said that this bmp mimics the minimum requirements of the EPA. How is it that I put out copies of the Las Vegas BMP and others (one of which is from Northern California) that have NO requirements for HOT water with no soap and yet this BMP still considers hot water the same as soap? The reason for that is because our cleaning REQUIRES hot water and the authors of the BMP know it. It effectively requires all of us to reclaim and the author has been informed of this fact, yet still leaves the hot water issue in the BMP.

1) The bod is just trying do "something" because they think they are running out of time.

or

Back to speechless.

No merger, never even heard mention of it other that what Ron said to me about the PWNA needing to absorb the membership of the UAMCC over a year ago during the PWNA membership drive.

As far as running out of time? Yes there were some time limits on getting this done and into print for the Houston showdown. From where I stand this BMP is not going to be the fix all cure all BUT if we are to be taken seriously as an industry we need to move into the future.

Do I want hoses and **** running all over the place sucking crap up that I have to tote off and find somewhere to dump it legally all the while needing more licenses and certifications at my expense? NO!

What this does do is act as a guideline for proper cleaning, most of the cosmetic cleaning for walkways can be done with only oil socks or at worse a sump pump to divert to grassy areas and at best we have to do nothing as long as it does not leave the property.

What most fail to realize is that hot water is not that hot once it has become run off anyway, this is not measured at the hose but whats on the ground.

I could go on and on but this is reasonable and easy to comply with as long as people dont read into whats NOT there.

Last edited:

Thad Eckhoff

Thad, your offer should of been jumped all over. I know we are friends, but more than that I respect as a man. You see the whole picture better than most I know. Any chance you would still be willing to help.

Yes, I am.
I had a long talk with Mike this week and it seems we're on the same page just maybe looking at it from different angles. I'll let him make the announcement. Talk to you Sunday.

John Tornabene

Member Guest
Yes, I am.
I had a long talk with Mike this week and it seems we're on the same page just maybe looking at it from different angles. I'll let him make the announcement. Talk to you Sunday.

Thad is a good mixture to have in with the other BOD's. Welcome aboard Thad if you become a UAMCC BOD. They/we can sure use your imput.

Guy Blackmon

or

Back to speechless.

Tony, I think there is more to this than meets the eye...In a good way sort of. I still have full confidence in the Directors, and while a lot of Members might not like this move I still feel the BOD have the best interests of the Members at heart.

The "Other Org." has been trying to get us to "Merge" with them for the last 2 years or better. I know that while I was a Director ALL of the other Directors were firmly against this idea, and truly hope they still are.

I still believe that the UAMCC is the truest Contractor Org. and still stand behind the decisions (Even Though I might not agree totally) of our BOD.

Kind of like my Wife. I might not like some of the things she does, but we're still together. :)

Thad for what it's worth you know how I feel, you would be a great asset to the leadership of this (Or any other) Org.