Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: UAMCC endorses Enviromental BMP

Default UAMCC endorses Enviromental BMP

We, ( UAMCC ) as an Organization have decided to endorse The Environmental BMP for Cosmetic Cleaning, as developed by Robert Hinderliter.

The BOD of the UAMCC was approached by Robert Hinderliter seeking an endorsement to the Cosmetic Cleaning BMP, which we had previously worked on with Robert.

As a BOD we feel it is important to be unified in the industry and to speak with one voice on this issue. It is vital as an Organization we stand behind and support this BMP. After discussing the program at length, we have found it to be fair, contractor friendly and in the best interests of our industry. It is currently being adopted by more and more municipalities across the country.

Robert has functioned as Environmental Advisor to the UAMCC in the past. We have recently appointed him to Chair the Environmental Committee of our organization. The position of Vice Chair is unoccupied at this time. Anyone interested in serving in this capacity should contact the BOD.

The UAMCC would like to thank Robert Hinderliter for his foresight and hard work on this issue. He has long been an advocate for the pressure washing industry. We are looking forward to partnering with him and others on this project.
    Michael Tessaro
    Centex Pressure Washing Service
    P.O.Box 1432
    San Marcos,TX 78667-1432
    512-396-4511

Hood Cleaning Texas

Default Re: UAMCC endorses Enviromental BMP

Please remove my name from the list of members of this org. A step against all contractors was taken here.
    William Page
    www.offdutyfiremanpressurewashing.com
    919-524-3875
    Ken's friend.

How do figure that? These BMPs have been in place and functioning for years now. I live in an area where there is a great sensitivity towards the environment and BMPs such as those that Robert developed will allow ALL of us to be compliant with the EPA without the draconian measures implemented in cities such as Houston and without large outlays of cash.

Personally, I prefer to be proactive, rather than defensive.
    John Orr
    Former UAMCC Board Member/Treasurer
    Low-Pressure Exterior Cleaning
    757/718-5442
    http://www.exteriorcleaning.com

Free FREE Events www.uamccevents.com

This simply should have been put to the membership for a vote. I learned that - wasn't anyone watching?
    Roger Gothorp
    336-516-6139

This isn't proactive it's damaging to every member of this Org and non-member alike.

The BMP's as written turn us into criminals each and every member of the BOD should be ashamed for approving this.How much got added to the UAMCC bank account to get this endorsement.

My mom always said "Son you can't cure stupid",she ws right and this proves it.
    Karvonen's Pro Clean
    Southwest Georgia's Pressure Washing & Low Pressure Roof Cleaning Professionals
    Scott "Squirtgun" Karvonen
    www.georgiaproclean.com

Southwest Georgia's Pressure washing and No pressure roof cleaning professionals

Quote Originally Posted by centexpw View Post
    The position of Vice Chair is unoccupied at this time. Anyone interested in serving in this capacity should contact the BOD.
    Where's Ron.....there's your checks & balances!
    Roger Gothorp
    336-516-6139

I can think of no other person that has hurt the industry more than this person has. Now a chair position. This caused the demise, I hope, of the PWNA. I can only hope that it will do the same to this org if it is not corrected.
    William Page
    919-524-3875
    Ken's friend.

Quote Originally Posted by John Orr View Post
    How do figure that? These BMPs have been in place and functioning for years now. I live in an area where there is a great sensitivity towards the environment and BMPs such as those that Robert developed will allow ALL of us to be compliant with the EPA without the draconian measures implemented in cities such as Houston and without large outlays of cash.

Personally, I prefer to be proactive, rather than defensive.
    John, with all due respect, this was a uninformed statement. Yes this BMP mirrors the minimum requirements for the EPA, but that doesn't matter....Why? Because we have to follow the BMP's of our State & Local Environmental Authorities. EPA says this is the minimum, but States & Cities are free to go above and beyond i.e Houston. If Contractors in Houston followed this BMP they would be fined, jailed or both. They consider this BMP "Illegal". How many other Cities consider this BMP "Illegal"?

I prefer to be proactive also, so why not work with Robert to implement an "Environmental Standard" that the UAMCC can call it's own? Are we going to lead or follow?

I guess no response means the BOD is sticking with their decision?
    William Page
    919-524-3875
    Ken's friend.

We need to lead. Are any of you willing to help us lead the way.

• Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information