• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Major News I'm releasing next week.

John Tornabene

Member Guest
If you go to www.pwna.org and scroll down you will see a picture there. If you look at it just for a short few seconds there is a message in there. I have a few mags that want this story and the story will be told if I can ever get it all together...... But more important then me ever telling the story is what's behind it.

This industry has just got a major boost and its going to be up to all of you in this industry to either grasp it or let it slip away. Its not an organization or any other interest group backed event. With so many problems all accross this country and potential damaging news coming out around August 2nd this is this industry's opportunity to not only support each other with this Houston Fiasco but to support each other on whatever is thrown at you by standing together and standing for each other.....and your going to be recognized by that name right smack in the middle of that picture. From what happens after that..... its on you.

John Tornabene

Member Guest
This story is long and complicated and it has a potentially end line that the Power washing Industry can call there very own. The potential here is huge. But even without that IMHO this is a win across the board for many and also gives plenty to see that unity does matter.

Basically this is where we are today. My company did a small job for the Ruth family and that alone is an interesting story. Allison from the online mag has that story if I can ever get around to put it together but the goal here was for me to take an opportunity and give it back to this industry and also pay it forward for some others.

The story for most to know that got us here today is this. Its coming straight from what the mindset is concerning the Houston crisis and how where reacting to it. Joe Walters calls me one day on a different matter and then we start talking about the industry and why things happen the way they do. He knows at this point that Ron M and Mike Hilborn had this falling out. What Joe didn't know was that Mike just resigned and he was saddened by that. I was unhappy because many know that Mike Hilborn was doing a good job as the PWNA ED and he does what he does and then resigns. Mike, we wished should have thrown himself at the mercy of the PWNA BOD and let them decide what he should do but most know for what Mike does he did it out of his passion for the PWNA and the industry at large. He makes enough money with his business and much of nothing as the PWNA ED. He took that job because he cared and the money was not there no matter how you look at it. So Mike Hilborn has enough and says the headaches aren;t worth it so he resigns.

Another good man leaving. Many have left like that because at the end of the day no matter what there passions are they get warn out and they leave. Brian Penney did it, Cujo Cooley, Jim Grady,Jean Hendricks Scott Milen and on and on. Some left because of internal differences but most leave because of the mental anguish they go through on there time to help many others. Volunteering is a tough business.

There is no point to in debating why some quit because that's not what this is about. Whats done is done.

Now Joe and I talk about the UAMCC and how good it was doing and how it fell apart. Joe Likes Carlos Gonzales as some others do and he was surprised how that played out when the Convention went so well. I know that Carlos didn't have any hidden agenda or evil idea's on what he was going to do with this org. if it made it. Carlos went in with his eyes wide open and any that was involved in the beginning know that this org. should have worked. It was setup not to fail.... but it does and since Carlos was the Leader many including myself initially started to blame him for anything and everything... I regret that and I blundered there tremendously and along the way I let many people down... because I quit which I hardly ever do. Others didn't do what they were suppose to do either because like in a lot of this volunteering stuff when one guy does so much others just watch and do much of nothing. I'm not saying all did that but the way the UAMCC was cracking at that point and with Carlos doing everything it was now in the position to fail and Carlos did what he thought was right because he was losing his shirt. What happened there you can debate and argue it to death but since I was there and saw it I along with some others should have dealt with that differently. A sit down with all of us in one room that org. could have been saved at that level and Carlos could have made decent money building the org. while us others could have done our jobs by working to make the org. valuable to the membership. That's the way that should have worked and it was set-up to do that. Carlos was most definitely the right choice to be the UAMCC first choice to be the ED which he was. Then some of the parts has to work to for this whole piece the UAMCC to work.

Most people I have spoken to all agree that Carlos was the right guy for the job back then and he had the right intentions..... it failed and that one hurts but just about all of us moved on.

Now with a lot of stuff going on that shows that many in this industry is at odds with each other just by whats going on in Houston it just looks terrible for this industry. This is all my opinion only. This is not about who should go to Houston or what the real story there is... but its solely how where reacting to each other about this.

Tough and sad call to have with Joe because he has seen it all and he has done a ton in and outside of the industry. He's volunteered and worked for many charitable groups so he seen a lot of things when it comes to volunteering but he stays true and does not waver in his beliefs on what the right thing to do is. Joe has always came thru in my experiences for anything that was asked of him. He's donated when asked, He's MC'd when asked, He has shown up when asked... He is who he is and in my life he is a stand up guy as many others are that I know.

So a few days later something goes down by me which is Allisons story but from that thru many calls and emails me and Linda Ruth Tosetti bond. She is the Granddaughter of Babe Ruth and the family blood line. We open up to each other about many things. She tells me so many interesting things about her family and what she does and what bothers her. She has some story to tell and there are books written about it. If you search the net you will see she is who she is. She keeps her Grandfather legacy going because of a promise she made to her mother and she also does it so Babe Ruth's legacy can live on thru the children today and she does it all not for the money and on many occassions she spends what money she has to keep doing what she does which is work tirelessly to preserve his legacy and where not talking about just his baseball prowess. She is an amazing woman who if you talked to her you feel like you have always known her. She has her Grandfathers outgoing and kind personality and also has some of his looks. The pictures I have of her and her Grandfather at certain ages is mind boggling to see it.

With all of this she lets me turn the tables to talk about what bothers me in this industry and the problem I see is similar to what I see in this country in general. There are divisions and we are our own worst enemies yet on all sides there are so many good people and they have done amazing things. Its the Division that is puzzling.

Along the way she ask me to send her something that shows some of the good we do and I oblige by sending her the Cleaner Times Magazine when we cleaned the Coopers town Hall of fame stadium for free. She was blown away but that and she now puts me on her website first page www.thetruebaberuth.com I never asked for that and I had zero imput what she says there. She calls me on that and asked if that was OK and even though I hate the spotlight and for the ones who really know me know that's true and all you have to do is ask my wife kathy who was disappointed that I never celebrated my 40th or 50th b-days and many other things, I told Linda what ever she put there was fine with me. Do nothing and I'm good with that.

This is where the ball starts to really roll. She feels that she should do something for our industry and she asked me what can she do. I first said nothing. Do nothing cause these guys don't want or ask for anything. She keeps asking me there has to be a way for her to do something... and then bing the light bulb goes off in my head. I asked her that many of these guys do so much good and they should be recognized some how. She says OK how many are we talking about...so I throw out a number to her thinking that she would say that's to many. That number is 25. She says ok lets do it.

To jump ahead I can't do it. There are just to many good people. I asked her if we can do 35 and maybe honor around 3 above and beyond then maybe I can do it. I also asked her if she could recognize TGS, PWI the PWNA the UAMCC the Cleaner Times and also Allisons new online magazine and she says if that's what I think needs to be done then she will do it. Simply amazing. She loves the fact that so many in our industry help each other, Do Volunteering power washing work, Help each other online by giving advice thru the bb's etc. This woman is amazing and I am truly humbled and honored that she has bestowed upon me to do this.

And all of this comes right after the blowup about the Houston problem. Just simply unbelievable. Its like a gift from....... and even though this is going to be very time consuming and mentally draining and the bashing I'm going to get for the people I picked because there is no time to form committee's etc I just feel blessed to take this on. Its a heavy burden because I have a very busy life that is spread thin but to give back with absolutely no strings attached.... She gave me an offer I just couldn't refuse(sound familiar).

So I set off to take my list and pick the most diversified bunch of guys and gals that I can find. To me there all good people but some of these people may have a tremendous dislike of each other. To me that doesn't matter but I had to make this bullet proof. There is nothing like doing something you think is good and you give it to someone else and they now are mad at that group so they throw in the garbage what you gave them. This here has to be bullet proof and after twisting and turning with that I found a way and Linda thinks its great so we do it.

Each and every person picked is going to get an 8.5x11 picture of Babe Ruth on a plaque and on those pictures she is going to write there name and business and thank them and there business for the good they do. So for the people who get this and then they see someone else getting the same thing they most likely will not throw it out because its only about them and there business and if they toss it then its like throwing there business down the toilet.

This make this a win for all. Of course I am heart broken over the ones that I didn't pick because some of them are probably more deserving and some I just over looked but time was a factor on this for some specific reasons and also I tried like heck to get this done before the 7/21 meeting in Houston. The goal was to get this done and if I got lucky Linda maybe could have went to the Tamp RT to present these Recognition plaques of gratitude but as fast as I moved from the time this was green lighted there was not enough time in the day to do it considering all else I was doing and all the people I was exhausting.

If you know how far along I am I have now in person Both George Bush SR and Jr's personal aid contact info. Linda herself has had presidential contact herself. There is a very large story in here and if it ends here at least I was able to give back while paying a few things forward. If it goes further in the future then this industry very well may be credited with something that each and every one would be so proud of,,, but that one is for another time and that one will leave a huge legacy for this whole industry if it can be done.. which I think it probably could.

Back to where we are now. Linda and her Husband came to my house this weekend and along with my wife Kathy we hammered all of this out. Then I took them to some of our best joints and introduce her to some people that has left her with an everlasting impact of how gracious these people are.

So now its done. I am truly sorry for not picking many and overlooking so many others but I did the best I can. I am going to release all of these peoples names very soon. Starting with a few right now. Also Linda and her husband are contemplating on going to the PWNA convention and personally doing a meet and greet while handing these plaques over to each individual. The only reason why the PWNA was picked was because I could not get the Tampa RT done in time and believe me I tried and the only other set scheduled thing I had to show her was the PWNA Convention schedule. She may go there because she wants to meet these guys and everyone else and also since she is a country music fan she has never been to Nashville so that also excites her and her husband Andy.

Either way if she decides to go to the PWNA Convention, there's another opportunity to do a photo op for your business. Remember there are no strings attached and for anyone who does not go I will personally mail each and every recipient there plaque afterwords because I have all of them. As for the big 3 who are going to get something more no matter how hard anyone tries those names are in lockdown until the day she hands these out or I do and once again they do not have to be at the Convention either because I have there special stuff already so I will mail it.

As for who I picked no one was given the choice to pick for me and no one even though some gave me there honest thoughts have swayed me to do something different. Everyone of these recipients have been contacted except for maybe 2 or 3 of them which I couldn't get them but some others did for me. I will also tell you not one person was upset or turned this down. Most were humbled and felt undeserving but as shocking as this was to them they were deserving. Remember this came and went fast. Like an opened window that stayed open and then shut. I am excited and happy for the ones I reached out to before the window of opportunity closed....and I am drained.

So here is a picture of a plaque that all will receive except for the special 3 who's names are on this list..

This was exhausting and humbling and if you knew me well enough the only reason why I did this was to give it back to you.

Attachments

• DSC07237.jpg
    DSC07237.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 19
  • DSC07239.jpg
    DSC07239.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 18
  • DSC07240.jpg
    DSC07240.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 16

John Tornabene

Member Guest
Here is the completed list and all who I have plaques and pictures made for. Once again I am trully sorry for overlooking many of you. Please forgive me. As for the ones on here I know a ton about each and to me they are all good people and they also deserved this. The list is not in order of any importance because there all important.
1-Paul Horsley of Scotts Pressure Wash
2-Mathew and Mary Johnson of Pressure Washing Services Inc.
3-Rob and Rebecca Huffman of Aspen Contractors
4-Dan Galvin of East Coast Power Washing Inc.
5-Scott Stone of A Mind of Detail Inc.
6-Roger and Celeste Gorthorp of Carolina Pro Wash LLC.
7-Michael Tessaro of Centex Pressure Washing and 2011 UAMCC President
8-Guy Blackmon of Pressure Kleen Power Washing Service
9-David and Nancy Vicars of A-Plus Pressure Washing Inc.
10-Beth Borrego and Rod Rodriguez of See Dirt Run Inc. and The Grime Scene Forums
11-Ron Musgraves of Pro-Power Wash and The Pressure Washing Institute Forums
12-John Orr of Low Pressure Exterior Cleaning
13-Henry Bockman of Henry's House Work Commercial Restorations
14-Jim Gamble of Crystal Cleaning Co. LLC
15-Doc Reisman and Joe Harvey of Facilitec Central
16-Paul and Carolynn Kassander of Mobi Clean Inc and Powerwashstore.com
17-Daryl Mirza and Christie Kaye of Facilitic USA
18-Charlie Arnold of Arnold Powerwash
19-Ken Fenner of Pressure Pros Inc.
20-Eric Clark of Details of Pressurewash Services and 2011 PWNA President
21-John and Shelley Allison of Envirospec and Suzie's Friends Animal Sanctuary
22-Chris Chappel of Superior Powerwashing
23 -Carlos and Bettye Gonzales of New Look Power Wash
24-Jeff and Lisa LeCours of JL Pressure Washing
25-Mike Hilborn of Roof to Deck Restoration
26-Tom and Barbara Vogel of Acr Products Inc.
28 Joe Walters of the Joe Walters insurance agency
29-Russ and Stacie Spence of Prokleen Power Wash
30-Jim Foley of Diamond Jim's LLC Pressure Cleaning Wood and Stone Restoration

31- Robert Hinderliter of RAHSCO cleaning systems and Powerwash.com

32-Tony and Deb Szabo of Midwest Mobile Washers/National Wash Authority
33-Russ and Stacie Spence of Prokleen Power Wash
34-Jim Foley of Diamond Jim's LLC Pressure Cleaning Wood and Stone Restoration
35-Scott Milen of Stainless Deal
36- Michael Hinderliter of Steamaway Inc.,Facilitec Southwest and Powerwash.com
37-Thad Eckhoff of Apex Services
38-Pete Marentay and Sun Brite Supply
39-Jake Clark and Armstrong Clark Employees
(40 &41)same picture but they go to the Magazines and are worded a little bit differently)
40-Allison Hester of Pressure Cleaning Contractor Magazine For your support in educating, encouraging and uniting the pressure washing industry It is greatly appreciated. Ruthian Regards Linda Ruth Tosetti
41- To Jim McMurry and staff of the Cleaner Times Magazine for all your support in getting these great stories told and helping these guys/gals to get recognized for all the good they have done. Ruthian Regards Linda Ruth Tosetti

John Tornabene

Member Guest
And now for some pics at my house yesterday where we hammered out the deal.

Attachments

• DSC07209.jpg
    DSC07209.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 18
  • DSC07216.jpg
    DSC07216.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 24
  • DSC07221.jpg
    DSC07221.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 24
  • DSC07222.jpg
    DSC07222.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 20
  • DSC07233.jpg
    DSC07233.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 21

Guy Blackmon

John, as I said before, I am totally Humbled and Honored that you would include us in this list of People & Companies I consider true leaders and most of whom I look up to in our Industry.

Thank You.

John Tornabene

Member Guest
This story is still growing. Now two industry magazines have it and where not done. I'm just getting the finishing touches on a few more things and expect there to be more news on this some time next week. I can't release anything because I'm still closing some more deals... but consider some major deals done and now for the homestretch-----I am exhausted but I would not trade this up for anything.

Russ Spence

Thanks John, by the way the last time we spoke you sounded like an ole country boy from the south! haha I will bet you thought I was from Jersey!

John Tornabene

Member Guest
Thanks John, by the way the last time we spoke you sounded like an ole country boy from the south! haha I will bet you thought I was from Jersey!

LOL.... Your the first person who ever said that to me... Most people think I'f from Crooklyn errrr I mean Brooklyn NY because of my accent.. I have cousins and my Mother who was from Brooklyn but I live far from there in the deep country side of the 3,000,000 populated Long Island..:rolleyes: Yea you had no accent and my tracking device said you were only 100 miles from me when we were talking:cool:....... or maybe that was a 1000 miles... where's my glasses...DOH!

John Tornabene

Member Guest
Thanks Paul---I wish with the limited time I had to even make this fly I could have came up with a better way because sometimes no matter what there's always something out there that could have made this even better. I actually feel bad leaving so many others that were very deserving off of that list. The flipside is that I ran with what I could as hard as I can so at least this many can be honored as will the industry at large.... but still there might have been a better way..... and now its over....its done... There's some more news thats coming out about this that is going to be exciting but its done.

I'll tell you this. Most of the time I sit in a darken room when I'm on the PC. Almost all the time I pump in Soundscape music that has no vocals. New age music would be another name. I sit there and I think.... and of course sometimes I way over think but I think now I found another way for another day and its going to take me another behind the scenes run to do it but I'm slightly there already and this one is not thru the very high ups in this country if you have heard any of that.

This one which will be the next one is going to be possibly more significant. I have it all played out in my head and now I'm very slowly moving it. Its going to come out after the PWNA Convention. That one was the starter.... This one will be the closer. After both of those are done then the whole picture will add up and everyone will see it as plain as day. But for now its stays hidden only here in this post and once again I can't elaborate on it because it may never happen....... but if you are a betting man....... its going to happen and it has nothing to do with what you may have heard or what the PWNA is about to release......
Congrats to you guys with the Tampa RT. That was my initial goal to get there but as fast as I moved the closer I got to that date and Linda then being out of the Country it just wasn't meant to be.

We'll get there Paul.....

John Tornabene

Member Guest
John,
This is great! I must thank you for all the positive things you do for this industry. If ever I can help with anything you have my number.

Thanks Jim...and also thanks for the work you gave me in the past. I'll keep you in mind if I need something and always feel free to do the same.

John Tornabene

Member Guest
Linda Ruth Tosetti will be presenting those "Recognition" Plaques in person along with also saying a few things and of course meeting and greeting all of the people in attendance. I'll have more on this and what else that may be in store later this week.

When I get this part done I will release it To Thad so he can take it to the BOD's for a quick Yay or Nay to see if it Merits forum approval or not. Apparently I am ruffling some feathers with this and believe me that is and never was my intentions on this. And once again I am truly sorry for not including some who are so much deserving of this and then some, such as a Guy named Bob in my area who I spoke to about something else and this came up and I had no idea that he actually cleaned a whole Cemetary for free for this depressed town.... Its things like this that has made this alot harder then I ever thought this would be. I thought I was doing a good thing and yet I have tremendous guilt for so many others that I never even knew anything about what they did.

But as hard as this turned out to be for me because I'll take some hits for something that is all good.... Its worth it.

Stay tuned.
Thanks​