• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Trailer Rebuild...And So It Begins

Guy Blackmon

Wanted to post this for all of the UAMCC friends. I posted this on a couple of other forums for folks looking to rebuild they're trailers.

Well got some time to start tearing down the unit I bought in Fla. last year.

It's 5'1/2 x 12' there will be a 8 gpm hot skid up front, 8 gpm cold on the back, 4 Titan reels hanging from the rack (2 high psi, 1 roof, 1 fill) 525 gal tank, air gaped hydrant fill to tank, roof rig, 2...35gal chem tanks, 1... chem 50gal tank. Trailer brakes all the way around.

Had my good Friend & Great American "Dale Ray" replace some angle and channel iron, re-weld a few things, and should be finished tomorrow. Then it's off to be sand blasted and painted with epoxy primer and polyurethane PPG paint.

Kind of undecided on paint color, but it will be bright and eye catching for sure..................Any Color Suggestions??

Also if you were building this trailer, what else would you add to it??

graduation 028resz.jpggraduation 027resz.jpg

Russ Spence

Hey Guy, I am looking forward to the big finish! I love me some trailer builds, makes it fun to use them, its like getting your virginity back.

Guy Blackmon

This is kinda fun Russ. Although the trailer was "Pre-Built" and we are just doing some minor modifications and painting, I think the next one will be hand built from the ground up.

Sand Blasting and painting are done, and it's looking good. Lights are next.

trailer rebuild 001resz.jpgtrailer rebuild 003resz.jpg

Guy Blackmon

Ok now it's wired. All of the lights are LED except for fender lights. Grounds for lights and brakes. All 4 wheels have brakes. 95% of the wiring is encased in flex tubing. Wiring is a "Weak Link" as far as trailers, so I wanted to do what I could to prevent problems down the road. You'll notice wires are run through metal tubing coming from the front, through the angle to the back. Then 3 pieces of metal tubing support the flex tubing across the back to the other side.

Added an LED light strip to the back for extra visibility, I'm sure I'll be replacing this frequently.

Bed will be put in this weekend.

trailer rebuild 008resz.jpgtrailer rebuild 009resz.jpgtrailer rebuild 004resz.jpgtrailer rebuild 003resz.jpg

Guy Blackmon

Oh someone asked how we got the skid off the trailer and how we're gonna get it back on..............You might be a Redneck if...........

graduation 025resz.jpg

pascack

Sweet....I like the white wagon wheels better than the chrome! Amazing what a little paint can do ( and a bunch of labor) Looks nice

Guy Blackmon

Sweet....I like the white wagon wheels better than the chrome! Amazing what a little paint can do ( and a bunch of labor) Looks nice

Wait till you see the rims all shined up. Got the signs for the trailer and they are BBBBBAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDDD. This thing is gonna turn heads.

We'll be putting in the floor and I'll be working on the skid later this week and weekend. Should have skid and tank mounted next week. Can't wait to see it all put together.

Guy Blackmon

So the floor is in, and that was a bunch of work. Also got the skid on the trailer. We're heading out of town on a job so we'll be putting the 525 tank on this weekend. Coming along nicely.

trailer rebuild 005resz.jpgtrailer rebuild 007resz.jpgtrailer rebuild 004resz.jpg

Guy Blackmon

Dang this thing has taken longer than I thought, but to tell you the truth....I've been slack.

Ok, so here we are. About 75% done, just a few details and it will be ready for Spring.

Iphone pics 066resz.jpgIphone pics 052resz.jpg

John Tornabene

Member Guest
That trailer looks Sweet! Nice Job. Did you paint sandblast and paint that yourself? I like the color.. That would go nice with my red truck :)Hey are you still selling that 34hp Kohler Powerwasher? I may be in the market for something similar to that one.