• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Where Is Our Press Release On BMPS

John Orr

UAMCC Treasurer
Actually, an earlier version of this BMP outline was given-out by Robert at our 2009 convention. There is no "joint" here. There has never been any meeting or discussion, that I'm aware of, between the two groups regarding BMPs. Robert has been working on these for years and he has enlisted the support of both groups.

EDIT: I just read the PWNA press release over on the Grime Scene. (I wasn't aware there was going to be one.) Any cooperation has been with Robert, not directly between the two orgs.

For any that may have misgivings regarding these BMPs, I would suggest that this is the time to get involved and contribute to their evolution.

Last edited:

Tony Shelton

Environmental Consultant / Past Director
I already contributed. Hot water is still considered the same as soap despite my demonstrating that current BMP's in locales as varied as Kentucky to the Bay area in San Francisco do not differentiate between hot and cold water.

What does labeling hot water the same as soap mean? It means that ALL commercial cleaning will require some sort of reclamation and/or diversion because virtually all commercial cleaning, even frequent cleaning uses hot water. Robert edited the BMP's to allow for plaza washing with no soap to go down the storm drain as our BMP's here in Las Vegas do. But the catch 22 is the calling hot water the same as soap.

This brings ALL commercial cleaning into the same boat. While appearing to throw a bone to the commercial contractors with the plaza washing change it really changed nothing and the BMP's are right where they are intended to be..... an aisle crossing handshake giving up before we've even begun to fight.....along with the backdoor pushing of unnecessary equipment.

It's not just that. The timing is wrong for this type of thing. This is not the time to bind ourselves. This country is flat broke. This is the time to fight just as we did in Houston.

Furthermore how does what you guys are doing now jive with Robert's initial claim that this was not going to be "shopped" to the municipalities? Are we blind?

I give up. If you guys were union leaders in some of the other industries and tried to represent an industry by giving up this type of thing on a national level I have no doubt many of you would simply disappear and never be heard from again. Thank goodness we pressure washers are such docile creatures.

This whole thing just flabbergasts me. How is it that the UAMCC has the same environmental chairman as a competing org? If I'm still a member I'm going to throw a write in vote for Eric Clark as president of the UAMCC. What? How is that any different than Robert chairing on both?

I spoke with Mike T in Tampa. Now I love Michael to death. He's a great guy. He is under the impression that the BMP's are flexible and can be changed for each individual area of the country. Whoever convinced him of this is the culprit in this whole ordeal. I'd like to ask Mike who it was to save myself a lot of flushing out time.

Why are these not flexible? Because municipalities are lazy and anyone who's ever worked with them knows it. Mike may not know it because his experience working with municipalities may be limited. When I set up franchises we had to deal with municipalities all over the country. THEY ARE LAZY. They won't change a THING on this BMP. Need proof? Type in a sentence from the fort worth BMP and see how many other cities come up with the EXACT SAME WORDING. They are NOT flexible because they will simply be accepted AS/IS and cut and pasted into the local ordinances eventually.

Now is the time to be using the leverage of bankrupt municipalities to our advantage and show them how we CLEAN the environment, not how we can be bridled into accepting the responsibility for a dirty environment.

Alright. I'm done. I'll leave you with a quote from one of Donald Trump's books:

"I guess we've all heard the term "groupthink" by now. It's that old herd mentality that seems to bring out the best and the worst in people. By the best, I mean that sometimes a shepherd will surface. But that's an unlikely scenario. It's usually the wolves that will surface first, and the herd will be primed and ready to follow. What we are trying to do here is break up the herd before we are incapable of seeing, hearing, thinking and doing for ourselves. People who are capable of thinking for themselves will rarely be part of any herd."

William Page

What an absolutly disgusting thing this is by an org that I gave money to. Total sell out and shill by anyone involved as a board member or any decision making person. First, with no input or vote from the paying members they have joined with the PWNC and Robert. Now, after a joint release that was released without "permission" the response is that we should get involved and help with their evolution. INSANE. We should sue the PWNC for releasing such damning bmp's with our org's name associated with them. Wake up people. I am flabbergasted at the total lack of concern over what is happening here. This org has been nothing but a joke since Carlos got it rolling. I joined when I thought it was in its death spiral as a favor to Guy. Little did I know that it would resurface one last time to help sell equipment for vendors. While the UAMCC has been of no benefit whatsoever to anyone that washes for a living, it has now sided to destroy the industry. Unbelievable. I am embarrased to have ever had my name associated with such a sham as this org.

Thad Eckhoff

What an absolutly disgusting thing this is by an org that I gave money to. Total sell out and shill by anyone involved as a board member or any decision making person. First, with no input or vote from the paying members they have joined with the PWNC and Robert. Now, after a joint release that was released without "permission" the response is that we should get involved and help with their evolution. INSANE. We should sue the PWNC for releasing such damning bmp's with our org's name associated with them. Wake up people. I am flabbergasted at the total lack of concern over what is happening here. This org has been nothing but a joke since Carlos got it rolling. I joined when I thought it was in its death spiral as a favor to Guy. Little did I know that it would resurface one last time to help sell equipment for vendors. While the UAMCC has been of no benefit whatsoever to anyone that washes for a living, it has now sided to destroy the industry. Unbelievable. I am embarrased to have ever had my name associated with such a sham as this org.

Lack of concern?
I just found out about this today and am absolutely livid.

Guy Blackmon

The issue is, using the UAMCC's name in a release promoting the BMP without the Org's permission. BMP's for every City, State & County are coming via the EPA. With or without the P#NA's or Roberts help. Again if the UAMCC wants to add an "Environmental Standard" I see no problem with this, but to promote this BMP that doesn't represent All of it's Members is wrong IMHO. I still have a problem with the wording attached to the Ft. Worth BMP. The meat of the BMP mirrors that of the minimum of the CWA, which I don't have a problem with.

The P#NA has wanted for a long time to "Absorb" the Membership of the UAMCC they hate the UAMCC...Why? Because the UAMCC stands against everything they stand for, I think you guys know this. Why did the UAMCC accept the BMP that the P%NA took a Butt Whipping For??? There was a reason I believe, but it's only a hunch.

I'm sure the other Org. would love for you guys to Drop or not renew your Membership to the UAMCC, just gives them more power. They don't need Membership dues to survive, the UAMCC does.....Think About It.

To say (At This Point) that the UAMCC is in bed with Vendors is Stupid!!! No Way, No How.

Don't get me wrong, Vendors are one of the most important assets of any Org., but the most important asset is it's Members and the best interests of it's Members..... Period.

William Page

Lack of concern?
I just found out about this today and am absolutely livid.

Thad, I love and respect you, but it wasn't just today that the UAMCC got in bed with Robert(without a vote or how do you do from the paying members) or the PWNA. I am glad that you are livid. Someone needs to take them to task on issuing a joint release without our permission and something needs to be done to distance ourself from RH as far as possible.

John Tornabene

Member Guest
What does Celeste's PWNC have to do with this??