• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Question

Randy Borio

Has anybody ever used powdered pool shock to make up roof wash? A 1 pound bag is like $3.00. If you've used it how much goes into a 80 gallon batch?

Mathew Johnson

Do you have a formula matt?

Ron Musgraves text me for questions 480-522-5227 Pressure Washing Institute

Diesle fuel with an ignition source for heat to alter the temperature of the rest of the ingredients. Then (you can get these at select chemical companies) add one part oxygen and two parts hydrogen in equal amounts up to a total of 50 gallons. If you need more base solution to mix up the powder, I would suggest repeating the process.

Chris Tucker

It MAY be possible to get the calcium hypochlorite to work, if the scale problem can be solved. It might be worth some more development work. The stuff sure is easy to carry around with you, and easy to get. Perhaps if followed with a mild acid/water rinse, it can be used successfully ?
Calcium Hypochlorite has the advantage it has no Sodium (salt) and is easier on plants.

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member
It MAY be possible to get the calcium hypochlorite to work, if the scale problem can be solved. It might be worth some more development work. The stuff sure is easy to carry around with you, and easy to get. Perhaps if followed with a mild acid/water rinse, it can be used successfully ?
Calcium Hypochlorite has the advantage it has no Sodium (salt) and is easier on plants.

They say it can work, if they get it the guys will love it for sure.

Douglas Hicks

Diesle fuel with an ignition source for heat to alter the temperature of the rest of the ingredients. Then (you can get these at select chemical companies) add one part oxygen and two parts hydrogen in equal amounts up to a total of 50 gallons. If you need more base solution to mix up the powder, I would suggest repeating the process.

Be carefull when mixing that stuff up. Use a non-sparking, not-electrical stirring tool. Hydrogen is explosive and oxygen is an accelerant. Then when the stuff is mixed, caution is still needed. Dihydrogen monoxide will dissolve steel!

Chris Tucker

They say it can work, if they get it the guys will love it for sure.

Doug says they have been able to augment the regular roof cleaning mix with it successfully, before the scale forms. I suggest those who want to make a powdered bleach product commercially might want to look into chlorinated TSP as a possible ingredient.
This is basically calcium hypochlorite, with a TSP overlay. My health has not been very good lately, so I haven't tried it yet.
But the added TSP in theory will make the calcium hypochlorite clean more better, possibly allowing less total concentration for the bleach powder, less chance of scale formation.

You know Ron, here in Florida, SH is plentiful, and we take it for granted. But many don't realize our roof cleaning brothers outside of Florida do not have a SH supply station on every corner. I predict that whoever solves the riddle of the bleach powder will be financially rewarded. That is, until someone copies him, LOL

Doug Rucker

UAMCC Board of Directors
I haven't used the augment method, but I have talked to guys that have and said it works great. Just seems like an added step to me that is not needed. Thats the other thing I didnt like about the Powder, is all the work it takes to keep it suspended.

Chris Tucker

Thanks for the info Doug and Russ, We were looking at ordering a bunch of it. Did anyone try mixing it in warm dihydrogen monoxide first?
You can mix it in warm cat piss if you want Matt. The problem is not getting it to dissolve in water. The problem is what happens when it dries on your customers roof(comes out of solution)
This "product" was introduced to the roof cleaning industry, with terrible results, on my forum, and not by me!
I trusted this person, and never in my wildest dreams considered they merely just packaged up regular old Calcium Hypochlorite, and went to market with it.
I honestly believed they had discovered a scale inhibitor to make it work, at least.
Several times, myself and other RCIA Members asked for a sample, and never received it.
The next thing I knew, it was sold to several unsuspecting distributors, who sold it to roof cleaners everywhere.
Doug Rucker went public (thank you Doug), and did us all a great service, by warning everyone about this crap.

I understand the same company who introduced this crap is now suggesting what they call "augmentation" (adding it to) your roof cleaning mix with this stuff!
There are several factors effecting the scale formation of Calcium Hypochlorite when it comes out of solution.
To me, it just isn't worth taking the chance of a major disaster with this product anywhere near your tank.
As Doug Rucker showed us, the results of using this stuff are not pretty, and hard to remove.

Calcium Hypochlorite does have some interesting properties vs Sodium Hypochlorite. IF the problems of using it can be solved, it will greatly cut down on plant damage because unlike SH, it breaks down to harmless calcium!

But until more research and testing have been done, the RCIA does not suggest it's use.

Recently