• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Houston Won't Affect you at all, No worries about BMP's. Just ignore them, do nothing, sit back

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member
Today we talked to a Contractor that got sighted on a national Chains property.

He said that another company issued a stop pressure washing in the Houston Area.

I'm going to contact my sources of the one he is talking about because I have a great relationship with them.

Years ago when the Dry cleaning came out this same Co terminated all pressure washing across the country.

This is how this could hurt people everywhere.

Roger Gothorp

Are the two issues in Houston becoming convoluted?

1 - Would someone please point out the FINAL black & white decisions on BMP's in Houston

2 - Specifically WHAT are the restrictions in Houston as they relate to the DROUGHT conditions, not washing BMP's.

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member

1 - Would someone please point out the FINAL black & white decisions on BMP's in Houston

2 - Specifically WHAT are the restrictions in Houston as they relate to the DROUGHT conditions, not washing BMP's.

Drought has become another issue all together.

Nothing has changed bmps , simply the enforcement is changing the way they are looking at the ms4.

Then are understanding we as contractors know are jurisdiction. As you see in the video walsh stats he will wake a judge to gain access and get proof scientifically. Lab coats as he refers to them.

This means the ordinary PW guy that knows his rights. Knows if property in connected or not will stand a better chance.

We also know that if they are notified about compliant jobs prior they will likely not come out. No guarantees but it's what we only have been told.

The sources are some of the same companies working close with the enforcement ratting on each other.

By no means think this problem is solved. They still want to catch us. Just know if you use some common sense the ticket they give might not stick.

Ron Musgraves text me 480-5225227 ???Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roger Gothorp

Ron - love you man, but I barely understood what you just said.

Drought and BMP's are not being confused - got that. Drought is becoming or already is a huge problem - I've heard from contractors down there about that.

What exactly are the washing requirements in Houston after all those meetings? Just the facts in plain english please.....or in the infamous words of Carlos Gonzalez...."just tell us what we have to do"

Doug Rucker

UAMCC Board of Directors

Houston has there own BMP's, not sure what you mean by "FINAL black and white "decsions" on BMP's. BMP's have never been the issue here and never really had a decison to be made on them that I am aware of. Enforecment and interpretation of law and jusrisdiction has been the issue which is what we (RON) has been able to help them with.

No restrictions as of yet on washing due to drought. Looks like the Mayor has turned her sights on "bandit" signs for now. I doubt anything will be done on restricitons that affect businesses until AFTER the next election, according to my sources.

While things are not totally fixed here, and we still have work to do, and are working on it, things are much better. Much better communication.

Roger Gothorp

Okay, I guess that's a little clearer than mud now.

Houston Won't Affect you at all, No worries about BMP's. Just ignore them, do nothing, sit back

Today we talked to a Contractor that got sighted on a national Chains property.

He said that another company issued a stop pressure washing in the Houston Area.

I'm going to contact my sources of the one he is talking about because I have a great relationship with them.

Years ago when the Dry cleaning came out this same Co terminated all pressure washing across the country.

This is how this could hurt people everywhere.​

Could you dissect this and clear it up then please?

Doug Rucker

UAMCC Board of Directors
Fell free to call me if you have any questions or want to discuss further. Please understand that there are some things we just can't and won't discusss publicly due to a wide range of reasons. We do try to keep everyone informed as best we can without having our comments affect contractors trying to work here.

Roger Gothorp

I'm not sure what's worse - the fact that it's happened/still happening or the fact that no one else can help because it can't be discussed since only a chosen few are aware of who is what or where.

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member
I'm not sure what's worse - the fact that it's happened/still happening or the fact that no one else can help because it can't be discussed since only a chosen few are aware of who is what or where.

It's mostly fall out, it's a shame that this slipped by our industry for nearly four years.

Fortunately we have all done our part.

Yes I agree it should not be as difficult to get help.

Fortunately the Uamcc was there to help when needed. Uamcc is still on top of this today, will see how it all turns out.

The Pwna and Eric was present at the last meeting.

Eric has remained in contact about Houston, it was hard to get them involved but have been supportive since the last meeting.

Things are headed in a good direction.

Robert uniting the bmp's definitely brought some good. Awareness of the issue and what can happen when. Orgs fail.

Keep in mind there's no blame to anyone except failure of us all to have capable orgs when this was happening. Keep in mind the Pwna was closed at that time and the Uamcc was not re-founded by Carlos .

I think your right in the aspect local networking is needed.

All issues should remain local.

Uamcc enviro consultant

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=34.006442,-118.491108

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member
Doug, that response just on it's own is very disturbing :(

The reasons are local politics Celeste, we have gained information from several contractors local now that have been closed up or have received fines. We do not want all these situation posted public. No secrets I'm sure doug will share them off line as long as they are not published as intimidations like has already happened. Truths have been told and creditable witness's to many of these events. But we do not wish anyone at the city level to loose jobs do to assistance of information we received. These people have family's , just like washers do. I think you can understand that.

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=34.006491,-118.491086