• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Nomination & Voting Questions

Charlie Soden

Contributing Member
If a person really wants to run for an officer position or any spot, one would assume that is the position they are actively seeking. So yes if they lose, that's an indication of the voter's preference so fair is fair. But that doesn't preclude their volunteerism or efforts/time to a committee or other membership activity, which certainly would be encouraged

*Edit: basically what Celeste just said haha :)

Jeff LeCours

I thought you can run for Pres or VP or whatever and also run for BOD at Large and all your votes go to either spot

I'm pretty sure for example, if 2 are running for Prez 1 gets 30 votes and one gets 29 votes and the nearest and all others at large BOD nominee gets say 10 votes each the one with 29 votes doesnt get thrown out and get no position

Now if a nominee says he only wants prez and nothing else, you can't force him to take BOD spot even if he has more votes.

I want the person with the most votes!!!!!!!!!!!! That means the members have spoken and want that person.

I think someone should call Carlos or maybe even Ken, they may be able to find how it was intended to be, might be in writing somewhere or even an old post

If because confusion within the UAMCC present BOD someone doesnt get on the BOD and the members or a larger amount of them wanted him or her elected to any position it would be horrible to the members, to the UAMCC and once again it all would just turn into one more tragic joke

Say I wanted Ron M on as Prez or any position I think my one vote should count for either or or combined

How does it work anyway??? Does each member get 9 votes, Can I vote for Ron as prez & BOD at large?

Better get this figured out QUICK. I really dont want to see another fiasco

GOOD LUCK

Randy Borio

And yet another example that we can take the simplest things and make them so complicated that even Congress looks fair. In my opinion you get elected to the office you are running for. PERIOD. There should not be an automatic consolation prize. Example I run for secretary and John Smith runs for secretary. I get 5 votes he gets 25 votes. John Smith is Secretary. If there are open at large seats and I am the top not elected person then the executive committee shuold but does not have to offer me the position. Since Guy is the Chairman of the election committee this should be straightened out with the other members before the election and the clarification posted by Monday the 12 so everyone who is running knows the rules. Lets KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid)!!!!!

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member
Jeff will just let the future BOD handle this. We can arm wrestle for the spots

I thought you can run for Pres or VP or whatever and also run for BOD at Large and all your votes go to either spot

I'm pretty sure for example, if 2 are running for Prez 1 gets 30 votes and one gets 29 votes and the nearest and all others at large BOD nominee gets say 10 votes each the one with 29 votes doesnt get thrown out and get no position

Now if a nominee says he only wants prez and nothing else, you can't force him to take BOD spot even if he has more votes.

I want the person with the most votes!!!!!!!!!!!! That means the members have spoken and want that person.

I think someone should call Carlos or maybe even Ken, they may be able to find how it was intended to be, might be in writing somewhere or even an old post

If because confusion within the UAMCC present BOD someone doesnt get on the BOD and the members or a larger amount of them wanted him or her elected to any position it would be horrible to the members, to the UAMCC and once again it all would just turn into one more tragic joke

Say I wanted Ron M on as Prez or any position I think my one vote should count for either or or combined

How does it work anyway??? Does each member get 9 votes, Can I vote for Ron as prez & BOD at large?

GOOD LUCK

Ken Fenner

I wish I could be of help. Carlos worked on the bylaws and the election process was not something that was focused upon. It was adopted from other successful orgs, I believe.There wasn't really much purpose in reinventing the wheel when it came to elections. I just read over the bylaws and they are general and do not address this question. I would tend to agree with Guy. But, in light of the possibility of not getting 15+ people applying for officer and BOD-at large seats, maybe a provision should be looked at.

One thing I am confused over is the role of the president without an E.D in place. The Bylaws are a bit more specific for that officer's role. He/she does not vote, they merely break ties. They do not campaign or lobby other board members to sway a decision or direction of the org. That leaves a hole for day-today operations. Who will be making the business decisions? The president oversees the conduct and professionalism of the organization, not make org decisions, if I am reading this correctly. Its not feasible to have a board meeting for every single daily operation decision. The org will once again spin in circles without an E.D.

Ron, this is direct to you: I know you have some visions for the organization, for example training programs. I think you would be handcuffed in the role of president. For all intents and purposes, the presidential seat is a figurehead role versus what many are thinking it is. The current BOD, and this is just my opinion, should consider negotiating the ED position BEFORE the election. Put out a list of qualifications needed, and let some people like Ron present their case. Believe it or not, I support Ron as an ED candidate because I think he is a business person, he has resources, and he has time to deal with the operations issues of a business. I believe he can immediately put together a business plan with definitive deadlines and have the oversight of the BOD to make sure it coincides with the mission of the UAMCC.

I am not an expert on any of this stuff so take what I write with a grain of salt. I do understand business and structure fairly well. My crystal ball shows a fiasco in the making even with nine on the BOD. No direction.. helter skelter.. run for the hills. I'm not merely speculating, it has already happened with the recent BOD. I've seen what can happen when you skip minor details. I'm fairly certain the train will continue running exactly where its facing right now regardless of anything I write. I can appreciate that, none of us are CEO's of national companies. I'm just here to yell out a warning.. The bridge is out. Check the brakes to make sure the train can slow down or stop.

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member
I wish I could be of help. Carlos worked on the bylaws and the election process was not something that was focused upon. It was adopted from other successful orgs, I believe.There wasn't really much purpose in reinventing the wheel when it came to elections. I just read over the bylaws and they are general and do not address this question. I would tend to agree with Guy. But, in light of the possibility of not getting 15+ people applying for officer and BOD-at large seats, maybe a provision should be looked at.

One thing I am confused over is the role of the president without an E.D in place. The Bylaws are a bit more specific for that officer's role. He/she does not vote, they merely break ties. They do not campaign or lobby other board members to sway a decision or direction of the org. That leaves a hole for day-today operations. Who will be making the business decisions? The president oversees the conduct and professionalism of the organization, not make org decisions, if I am reading this correctly. Its not feasible to have a board meeting for every single daily operation decision. The org will once again spin in circles without an E.D.

Ron, this is direct to you: I know you have some visions for the organization, for example training programs. I think you would be handcuffed in the role of president. For all intents and purposes, the presidential seat is a figurehead role versus what many are thinking it is. The current BOD, and this is just my opinion, should consider negotiating the ED position BEFORE the election. Put out a list of qualifications needed, and let some people like Ron present their case. Believe it or not, I support Ron as an ED candidate because I think he is a business person, he has resources, and he has time to deal with the operations issues of a business. I believe he can immediately put together a business plan with definitive deadlines and have the oversight of the BOD to make sure it coincides with the mission of the UAMCC.

I am not an expert on any of this stuff so take what I write with a grain of salt. I do understand business and structure fairly well. My crystal ball shows a fiasco in the making even with nine on the BOD. No direction.. helter skelter.. run for the hills. I'm not merely speculating, it has already happened with the recent BOD. I've seen what can happen when you skip minor details. I'm fairly certain the train will continue running exactly where its facing right now regardless of anything I write. I can appreciate that, none of us are CEO's of national companies. I'm just here to yell out a warning.. The bridge is out. Check the brakes to make sure the train can slow down or stop.

Ken I could be wrong but they where given to Carlos by Robert, if thats the case now we can understand why in fact they are not working.

Here's one that sounds more ridiculous, I've been told you can run and not even be a member till you win and decide you want to become one.

Yes thats what I was told on a call.

ALL I CAN SAY IS THIS WILL NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN!!!!!!!!!! if I have anything to say about it.

Guy Blackmon

Upon further reflection, it may not be such a good idea, especially since the "loser" of an executive position may not want to be "just" a director. Hmmm.

And whats wrong with that? And again you miss the point with speculation & pessimism John. Too many "If's" here.

This point would be "Moot" with all the "At Large" Seats filled, so what do you do add seats?

It is my thought that Members running for seats (whether Executive or At Large) run on their strengths for that position. As Members I would hope that we vote for the strengths of nominees in the positions they run for. Thereby giving the UAMCC the most competent leadership to move this Org. forward.

Guy Blackmon

And yet another example that we can take the simplest things and make them so complicated that even Congress looks fair. In my opinion you get elected to the office you are running for. PERIOD. There should not be an automatic consolation prize. Lets KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid)!!!!!

Couldn't agree more Randy!!!

Why "Muddy The Waters" of a very simple process that has been used for thousands of years?.....And right in the middle of the Nomination process????

Guy Blackmon

There's nothing to figure out here Jeff.

Nominees accept the position they were nominated for and are put on the ballot. We the Members vote for the best candidate for that position. Most votes for whatever seat wins. If there are seats left open (which I highly doubt) the process starts again until a full board is seated.

New Board will not take control until "Members" have voted in a full board.

Hows That For Figured Out, Simple Above Board & Fair?

Mathew Johnson

And yet another example that we can take the simplest things and make them so complicated that even Congress looks fair. In my opinion you get elected to the office you are running for. PERIOD. There should not be an automatic consolation prize. Example I run for secretary and John Smith runs for secretary. I get 5 votes he gets 25 votes. John Smith is Secretary. If there are open at large seats and I am the top not elected person then the executive committee shuold but does not have to offer me the position. Since Guy is the Chairman of the election committee this should be straightened out with the other members before the election and the clarification posted by Monday the 12 so everyone who is running knows the rules. Lets KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid)!!!!!

I agree Randy.... The Kiss method works great. and here is a resolution.... when the ballot comes out as I have seen in other organizations (like the local school board does), there will be the Presidential candidates listed with a note that says (choose one)

There will be the vice president candidates listed and a note that says pick one.... and so forth for the executive positions

Then they have the BOD member candidates listed all 4, 8 ,13 of them, depending how many are running and a note that says pick "3,5,6" candidates depending on how many seats are filled.

It seem ludicrous that someone be qualified enough for the BOD president seat to be nominated by a member and not be qualified enough for a seat on the BOD.

Here is the solution: It is simple..... Automatically place the candidates for ED positions in the BOD member section of the ballot and disregard the vote count if they are elected and move the next lower vote count into their BOD seat slot OR allow the members to nominate a person for a BOD seat even if they are running for an Executive BOD seat.

Mathew Johnson

There's nothing to figure out here Jeff.

New Board will not take control until "Members" have voted in a full board.

Hows That For Figured Out, Simple Above Board & Fair?

And if there aren't enough members to fill the BOD seats does that mean the current BOD sits for another year and the election was for nothing?

Mathew Johnson

GOOD LUCK

Dam... the King is Right Again, I hate that LOL!

Guy Blackmon

And if there aren't enough members to fill the BOD seats does that mean the current BOD sits for another year and the election was for nothing?

No Matt, that means that the new board is not valid until vacant seats are filled. If there are 1,2,3 seats vacant (Again Highly Doubtful) they must be filled "Before" New Board takes over.

Is it my accent or am I the only one that understands how simple this really is? Hahahaha!!!

Charlie Soden

Contributing Member
It makes tons of sense to me Guy. Everyone runs for ONE position. You win that election you get the spot. You lose, you go home.

Otherwise what's the point of having At-large. Just have 10 people run for president and all the losers get at-large seats. Hardly seems appropriate and definitely not fair to the winner.

Sent from my BlackBerry 8530 using Tapatalk

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member
THERE IS NO NOMINATION - OR ACCEPTANCE OF A NOMINEE FOR PRESIDENT, or several other seats. Ron, you either need to send in your letter of intent or stop posting about your running. First step is to follow the processes.

Just my .02.

Celeste

Celeste I do not even need to be a member to run, I'm campaigning !!!!

You have until the 16th at Midnight from what I understand unless your saying its ageist the by-laws for a member to announce they are running?

If you looked I announced I sent the list in, Guy I'm sure is looking into this right now.

I'm running for president because I want to help the UAMCC reach another level.

Guy Blackmon

THERE IS NO NOMINATION - OR ACCEPTANCE OF A NOMINEE FOR PRESIDENT, or several other seats. Ron, you either need to send in your letter of intent or stop posting about your running. First step is to follow the processes.

Just my .02.

Celeste

Now Celeste, there are 9 days left in which nominees can accept nominations. You know how some people like to build up to the "Big Show" Hahaha!!!!