• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Nomination & Voting Questions

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member
Quit Please!

People really should know this Guy, I do not want anyone to know I knew and didn't disclose.

You can apparently nominate people who are not members according to the BOD.

I think is silly..

Thats why all the people I nominated Guy, if they do not pay there dues frankly I do not want to endorse them.

Trust me that will also be a change if in-fact its true.

Guy Blackmon

It makes tons of sense to me Guy. Everyone runs for ONE position. You win that election you get the spot. You lose, you go home.

Otherwise what's the point of having At-large. Just have 10 people run for president and all the losers get at-large seats. Hardly seems appropriate and definitely not fair to the winner.

Oh Thank God!

I thought I was losing my mind!

Must be a North Carolina Thang.

Guy Blackmon

People really should know this Guy, I do not want anyone to know I knew and didn't disclose.

You can apparently nominate people who are not members according to the BOD.

I think is silly..

Thats why all the people I nominated Guy, if they do not pay there dues frankly I do not want to endorse them.

Trust me that will also be a change if in-fact its true.

Ron, this is just another distraction to take us "Off Task". It's a non-factor. Lets All Stay On Task!

Thad Eckhoff

You nailed it.
You pop the popcorn, I'll bring the beer.

I wish I could be of help. Carlos worked on the bylaws and the election process was not something that was focused upon. It was adopted from other successful orgs, I believe.There wasn't really much purpose in reinventing the wheel when it came to elections. I just read over the bylaws and they are general and do not address this question. I would tend to agree with Guy. But, in light of the possibility of not getting 15+ people applying for officer and BOD-at large seats, maybe a provision should be looked at.

One thing I am confused over is the role of the president without an E.D in place. The Bylaws are a bit more specific for that officer's role. He/she does not vote, they merely break ties. They do not campaign or lobby other board members to sway a decision or direction of the org. That leaves a hole for day-today operations. Who will be making the business decisions? The president oversees the conduct and professionalism of the organization, not make org decisions, if I am reading this correctly. Its not feasible to have a board meeting for every single daily operation decision. The org will once again spin in circles without an E.D.

Ron, this is direct to you: I know you have some visions for the organization, for example training programs. I think you would be handcuffed in the role of president. For all intents and purposes, the presidential seat is a figurehead role versus what many are thinking it is. The current BOD, and this is just my opinion, should consider negotiating the ED position BEFORE the election. Put out a list of qualifications needed, and let some people like Ron present their case. Believe it or not, I support Ron as an ED candidate because I think he is a business person, he has resources, and he has time to deal with the operations issues of a business. I believe he can immediately put together a business plan with definitive deadlines and have the oversight of the BOD to make sure it coincides with the mission of the UAMCC.

I am not an expert on any of this stuff so take what I write with a grain of salt. I do understand business and structure fairly well. My crystal ball shows a fiasco in the making even with nine on the BOD. No direction.. helter skelter.. run for the hills. I'm not merely speculating, it has already happened with the recent BOD. I've seen what can happen when you skip minor details. I'm fairly certain the train will continue running exactly where its facing right now regardless of anything I write. I can appreciate that, none of us are CEO's of national companies. I'm just here to yell out a warning.. The bridge is out. Check the brakes to make sure the train can slow down or stop.

Guy Blackmon

I wish I could be of help. Carlos worked on the bylaws and the election process was not something that was focused upon. It was adopted from other successful orgs, I believe.There wasn't really much purpose in reinventing the wheel when it came to elections. I just read over the bylaws and they are general and do not address this question. I would tend to agree with Guy. But, in light of the possibility of not getting 15+ people applying for officer and BOD-at large seats, maybe a provision should be looked at.

One thing I am confused over is the role of the president without an E.D in place. The Bylaws are a bit more specific for that officer's role. He/she does not vote, they merely break ties. They do not campaign or lobby other board members to sway a decision or direction of the org. That leaves a hole for day-today operations. Who will be making the business decisions? The president oversees the conduct and professionalism of the organization, not make org decisions, if I am reading this correctly. Its not feasible to have a board meeting for every single daily operation decision. The org will once again spin in circles without an E.D.

Ron, this is direct to you: I know you have some visions for the organization, for example training programs. I think you would be handcuffed in the role of president. For all intents and purposes, the presidential seat is a figurehead role versus what many are thinking it is. The current BOD, and this is just my opinion, should consider negotiating the ED position BEFORE the election. Put out a list of qualifications needed, and let some people like Ron present their case. Believe it or not, I support Ron as an ED candidate because I think he is a business person, he has resources, and he has time to deal with the operations issues of a business. I believe he can immediately put together a business plan with definitive deadlines and have the oversight of the BOD to make sure it coincides with the mission of the UAMCC.

I am not an expert on any of this stuff so take what I write with a grain of salt. I do understand business and structure fairly well. My crystal ball shows a fiasco in the making even with nine on the BOD. No direction.. helter skelter.. run for the hills. I'm not merely speculating, it has already happened with the recent BOD. I've seen what can happen when you skip minor details. I'm fairly certain the train will continue running exactly where its facing right now regardless of anything I write. I can appreciate that, none of us are CEO's of national companies. I'm just here to yell out a warning.. The bridge is out. Check the brakes to make sure the train can slow down or stop.

Great insight and feedback Ken, Time will tell. I'm just not as pessimistic as you guys. No offense to past or present Board Members, but there has been no sustained direction since Carlos left. 1 or 2 board members cannot pull the load, Thad you know this as I do. "It Takes A Village" Hahaha!!!

I think the current list of candidates that have accepted nominations are "Top Notch" and I think there are more to come.

Interest is at an all time high, New Members joining, Members renewing. I'm not saying it will be a bed of roses and everything will go just peachy all the time, but why piZZ on the parade here?

Yes the negitive is out there, and maybe it's just me.....But I'm looking for the positive.

Ken Fenner

Great insight and feedback Ken, Time will tell. I'm just not as pessimistic as you guys. No offense to past or present Board Members, but there has been no sustained direction since Carlos left. 1 or 2 board members cannot pull the load, Thad you know this as I do. "It Takes A Village" Hahaha!!!

I think the current list of candidates that have accepted nominations are "Top Notch" and I think there are more to come.

Interest is at an all time high, New Members joining, Members renewing. I'm not saying it will be a bed of roses and everything will go just peachy all the time, but why piZZ on the parade here?

Yes the negitive is out there, and maybe it's just me.....But I'm looking for the positive.

Guy, positive is good. Its also good to be prudent. I can't look you in the eye on here, but I am saying with sincerity that I want this thing to work and I want your efforts and enthusiasm to pay off. I've watched and learned a lot. I'm definitely more gun shy at this juncture as I saw the little "skip steps" we did grow into canyons over time. Its a tough chicken-or-the-egg position right now. The org needs leadership and I know that is what you are working on. One thing I admired in Carlos was his ability to tap the brakes when he saw things that could become hurdles. We all know Ron and he wants to move this forward like yesterday. I can relate to that as well. I think with some careful actions and thought Ron's talents can be put to great use without having this thing becoming a free-for-all.

I apologize for the joking around. Its not cool to make a mockery of what you are doing. I respect you giving this another effort. You're a better man than I am, that's for sure.

Guy Blackmon

No apology necessary Ken, you're speaking your mind. At least there is 1 national (Real) non-profit industry org. that has a forum where members are allowed to do just that, and not be afraid.

NASCAR fans don't go to races to see a race, they go to see the wreaks. Same goes here. I'll be waiting for "I Told You So" if you'll be waiting with a plate of "Crow".

Deal?

Jeff LeCours

There's nothing to figure out here Jeff.

Nominees accept the position they were nominated for and are put on the ballot. We the Members vote for the best candidate for that position. Most votes for whatever seat wins. If there are seats left open (which I highly doubt) the process starts again until a full board is seated.

New Board will not take control until "Members" have voted in a full board.

Hows That For Figured Out, Simple Above Board & Fair?

Can a member be nominated for Prez & a at Large seat? Can that member accept both nominations? Can other members vote twice for the same person but on two seperate positions?

Jeff LeCours

I agree Randy.... The Kiss method works great. and here is a resolution.... when the ballot comes out as I have seen in other organizations (like the local school board does), there will be the Presidential candidates listed with a note that says (choose one)

There will be the vice president candidates listed and a note that says pick one.... and so forth for the executive positions

Then they have the BOD member candidates listed all 4, 8 ,13 of them, depending how many are running and a note that says pick "3,5,6" candidates depending on how many seats are filled.

It seem ludicrous that someone be qualified enough for the BOD president seat to be nominated by a member and not be qualified enough for a seat on the BOD.

Here is the solution: It is simple..... Automatically place the candidates for ED positions in the BOD member section of the ballot and disregard the vote count if they are elected and move the next lower vote count into their BOD seat slot OR allow the members to nominate a person for a BOD seat even if they are running for an Executive BOD seat.

Sounds right, is this how it will be Guy or present BOD

Thad Eckhoff

So, Cletus gets 50 votes for President, and Cooter gets 49.
Jimbob got fewest votes for BOD, only 6 but enough to snag that last seat.
Jimbob gets a seat and Cooter doesn't?

Thad Eckhoff

John Tornabene

Member Guest
Allright Thad in the stands with the rest of us.. You look like you can use a large Popcorn with extra butter.. Maybe you should forget the extra butter. KEN WE NEED ANOTHER LARGE POPCORN!!