• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Nomination & Voting Questions

John Tornabene

Member Guest
I want beer in the stands.....or wine.
I'll bring that in for you cause I'm the law... Err oops.. Umm there goes that idea.. I guess my ponytail and tattoos next yr won't work for that anymore..a what the hey I'll sneak it in for you. I already got 4 red light tickets here from camara's that don't care if you went thru because a tractor trailer was out of control sliding on ice.. Just another revenue stream... Sound familiar

Ken Fenner

No apology necessary Ken, you're speaking your mind. At least there is 1 national (Real) non-profit industry org. that has a forum where members are allowed to do just that, and not be afraid.

NASCAR fans don't go to races to see a race, they go to see the wreaks. Same goes here. I'll be waiting for "I Told You So" if you'll be waiting with a plate of "Crow".

Deal?

hahaha.. deal

John Orr

UAMCC Treasurer
If I may interject, the rule is each qualified member may cast one vote for each position. Period. Let's assume A gets 50 votes and B gets 49. Well, my ballot already has votes for the at-large seats. Should my vote count twice?

In any election, candidates run for one office and don't settle for the next best position. Should automatically become VP if they get more votes than C and D - the actual VP candidates?

If you think this through, what sounds logical and reasonable becomes unworkable and unfair and in fact could wind-up effectively canceling some member's votes. One member, 9 votes.

As for nominations and votes:

No nominations will appear on the ballot unless that candidate is current with their dues on 12/16, when ballots will be sent.

No vote will be counted unless the voter's dues are current as of midnight 12/31/11.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beth Borrego

If I may interject, the rule is each qualified member may cast one vote for each position. Period. Let's assume A gets 50 votes and B gets 49. Well, my ballot already has votes for the at-large seats. Should my vote count twice?

In any election, candidates run for one office and don't settle for the next best position. Should automatically become VP if they get more votes than C and D - the actual VP candidates?

If you think this through, what sounds logical and reasonable becomes unworkable and unfair and in fact could wind-up effectively canceling some member's votes. One member, 9 votes.

As for nominations and votes:

No nominations will appear on the ballot unless that candidate is current with their dues on 12/16, when ballots will be sent.

No vote will be counted unless the voter's dues are current as of midnight 12/31/11.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Simple, sane, and sounds like how we vote in state and national elections. Amazing. Well put John!!!!!

Beth