• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Should I run for the UAMCC VP slot??

John Tornabene

Member Guest
I don't know what that means, but I like it.
Means if you want to be the VP you may have company excluding me.. Which its looking like I'll be dropping out soon on seeing if the UAMCC wants me at the position I know I could do well at... So that will leave you up Thad...if your running of course.

Thad Eckhoff

I'm not running. I think you should, though.
You and Ron on the same BOD isn't a big deal. Sometimes you agree, sometimes you disagree. Same with the other Directors. If there's an issue it goes to a vote. Period.
The only kicker would be that Ron would only get a vote if there was a tie.

Roger Gothorp

John, I mean absolutely NO DISRESPECT to you but you have asked. Both my knee-jerk reaction as well as one I have thought about since your original post are NO.

Celeste

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member
I'm not running. I think you should, though.
You and Ron on the same BOD isn't a big deal. Sometimes you agree, sometimes you disagree. Same with the other Directors. If there's an issue it goes to a vote. Period.
The only kicker would be that Ron would only get a vote if there was a tie.

So what you saying is if there's a tie I simply just vote the opposite of John and we are good.

Joking....

In all seriousness John Please feel free to run if you like.

I nominated Doug Rucker as Vice Chair.

If you Don't win apparently you get a spot as a consolation prize. Lol

Reminds me when I played the grand prize game as a child when BOZO was on the air.

All I can say if I win we are going to Party in the office. It will be a celebration through out the year.

FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN And More FUN......

This BOD will have a great time...we will truly make this all work.

I personally think everyone is making this a big deal, yes I'm taking the job light. WHY ???

Because I'm not worried about getting it back in shape. If I thought I couldn't do it I would have declined the nomination I still haven't gotten. LOL

When and if that happens will take care of all these problems first.

But hey I gotta get elected first.

Guy Blackmon

John, as a Member you can run if you want to, nothing says you can't.

That being said, I will say as a Member Only....You should not run and for 1 reason only, you know that reason. I will quote a PM that was sent to me by a fellow Member about this subject.... "A Man Cannot Serve 2 Masters" and this is true in this case.

I'm sure you have good intentions, I'm sure you probably think that you could "Bridge The Gap" between the 2 Orgs. I could see you trying that. And that will never happen as long as I am a Member. The time will come when you would have to decide which side you are on, I wouldn't want you in that position.

I see you better serving the Org. and it's Membership as a Committee Chairman. I think this is where your energy should be focused.

Nothing personal Buddy, calling it the way I see it.

John Tornabene

Member Guest
John, as a Member you can run if you want to, nothing says you can't.

That being said, I will say as a Member Only....You should not run and for 1 reason only, you know that reason. I will quote a PM that was sent to me by a fellow Member about this subject.... "A Man Cannot Serve 2 Masters" and this is true in this case.

I'm sure you have good intentions, I'm sure you probably think that you could "Bridge The Gap" between the 2 Orgs. I could see you trying that. And that will never happen as long as I am a Member. The time will come when you would have to decide which side you are on, I wouldn't want you in that position.

I see you better serving the Org. and it's Membership as a Committee Chairman. I think this is where your energy should be focused.

Nothing personal Buddy, calling it the way I see it.
Yes I know who your talking about. I also got a few emails and a call tonight with the basic message if I run they would vote for me but they would advise me against it and there reasons weren't the two master thing but in there opinions the failure before was one thing but if it was to happen again it would tarnish alot of what I do on the outside..and this is from fellow UAMCC members.

I have the time, I have the ability and the know how's but I also know when I should listen.. And the risk from the consensus wasn't worth it in my case.. And part of that was the failure the first time.

So Guy like that PM you got I will watch from the side lines like many others will do. I don't need to pick sides between the UAMCC and the PWNA because I am a member of both. I have my Committee with the PWMA so I will promote that and down the road if the UAMCC leaders can get past the thought process of only one org matters maybe I will look to join a committee there because to me my company wins if both orgs can do well.

More importantly I have to listen to a person that as you get older there opinions are extremely important..and thats my doctor... I'll put a post about that in a different thread because it's important but had no bearing on what I did here... You guys did because I respect your opinions on this and you made it easy for me anyways.

I said No to you the first time Guy and I haven't change that so it stands.

Ok Ken Fenner...where's that popcorn:)

John Tornabene

Member Guest
Can't sit next to ya's for awhile because of my Doctor diagnoses.. But I can eat your popcorn and watch the show with you Russ and many others from the sidelines... Time on the UAMCC to change the guard and bring in the new blood.. And we get to watch... Like Jackie Gleason says on the Honeymoon show " How sweet it is"

Beth Borrego

I appreciate the nominations folks, and I gave them some serious thought but I have to respectfully decline. I have way too much going on to give it the attention it needs.

Beth

John Orr

UAMCC Treasurer
Just so it's clear, there is no rule in our by-laws that would, in any way, prohibit someone from being a member in any other org and holding a seat on our Board. I'm not saying that's good or bad, but it's the way it is. Any such rule would require a change to our by-laws.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guy Blackmon

Just so it's clear, there is no rule in our by-laws that would, in any way, prohibit someone from being a member in any other org and holding a seat on our Board. I'm not saying that's good or bad, but it's the way it is. Any such rule would require a change to our by-laws.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And have it on my list of things that need to be changed.

Ken Fenner

Guy, is that type of side issue that big of a concern? (just being a member of another org?) How about those that are compensated by another org for speaking engagements? Or those that serve on advisory boards for another org? Those may present a conflict.

Of bigger concern may be officer candidates that are distributors. That's a definite conflict of interest. I'm not insinuating anyone has bad intentions but that was one thing we were adamant about and where the cliche of not being able to serve two masters comes into play. That includes BBS owners that accept payment for banners, anyone that distributes chems or equipment, or accepts remuneration from manufacturers. Before anyone jumps in talking about the symbiosis of contractors and distributors, I agree that both are vital for participation in the org.. just not at management/decision level.

Your feelings about the PWNA stem from the fact that many of the BOD and the key players are not just contractors. It may be wise to address that issue with the UAMCC candidates now before foul is cried later on. I interviewed with the last election committee and we talked about my distributing of RAD even though negotiations had already began for its sale. The recommendation of the committee was that running was a can of worms and contrary to the qualifications of a BOD candidate. Has that changed?

John Tornabene

Member Guest
And have it on my list of things that need to be changed.
Bad move... What's Celeste's position with the PWNC, what about Chris if he wanted to join this org and he's from WCR, how about guys who belong to the painters org like Terry Miller Who was in line to be a Bod here. These people all held and some still do hold positions in an org. How about contractors that belong to IKECA, IWCA,etc

Make that Rule guy and it passes the first Person that would have to resign is Ron Musgraves if He's elected because he has told many he is a current member of then PWNA and also has a lifetime membership(to this day I don't believe Ron about the second one)

How about Beth, Rob Huffman and many others who belong to the PWNA. What if they wanted to Run for the board.

Guy your the chair and my guess is you may take a run for a bod slot.. Is it on your agenda to really do this and are you targeting the PWNA or is it all orgs?

Welcome to a political position. So what's your views on this since you made the statement above.