• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Should I run for the UAMCC VP slot??

Guy Blackmon

Guy, is that type of side issue that big of a concern? (just being a member of another org?) How about those that are compensated by another org for speaking engagements? Or those that serve on advisory boards for another org? Those may present a conflict.

Of bigger concern may be officer candidates that are distributors. That's a definite conflict of interest. I'm not insinuating anyone has bad intentions but that was one thing we were adamant about and where the cliche of not being able to serve two masters comes into play. That includes BBS owners that accept payment for banners, anyone that distributes chems or equipment, or accepts remuneration from manufacturers. Before anyone jumps in talking about the symbiosis of contractors and distributors, I agree that both are vital for participation in the org.. just not at management/decision level.

Your feelings about the PWNA stem from the fact that many of the BOD and the key players are not just contractors. It may be wise to address that issue with the UAMCC candidates now before foul is cried later on. I interviewed with the last election committee and we talked about my distributing of RAD even though negotiations had already began for its sale. The recommendation of the committee was that running was a can of worms and contrary to the qualifications of a BOD candidate. Has that changed?

All valid points that should be addressed Ken. As to your last point, the position of the current BOD has been made clear on this many times and I will quote a BOD Members exact statement to me last night "If You Or Your Employees Get Wet, You Are A Contractor" that's what was said to me about this. Now whether we think this is right or wrong that is what I was told.

There are many changes that need to be made, but only if the Members vote for these changes.

John Tornabene

Member Guest
I think this is actually a moot point at this time - it's too close to elections to even discuss this.

I don't and I am a member. I would love to hear the candidates position on this. It's vital and very important. As soon as the candidates are announce this is going to be the first question I ask because Guy is an important part of the future of this org. And this looks to be the way he thinks it should be.. I want to vote for a BOD who will potentially be a benefit for my business and this right here is not.. First question on my list.

Guy Blackmon

John, I said nothing about targeting the other Org. so don't put words in my mouth.

Do I think that we should have a Board Member here that is a Board Member or high ranking Committee Member of another Org. directly associated with our Industry....No, I don't, and I don't really care what people think about that statement because it's "MY" personal opinion. Like it, don't like it.....I don't care.

Would I like to see a bylaw change about this.....sure, but I can't change the bylaws and neither can the BOD, Only the Members can.

You know it's kind of funny, and just a personal observation that this BBS was Dead not that long ago. No one gave a flying flip about this Org. And to tell you the truth it was about to shut down. Now all of a sudden everyone is "Concerned" and wants to be "Involved" and wants this done and that done. Let me ask ya'll this.....I've been asking and pleading for people to be "Concerned" and "Involved" and back the UAMCC and support this Org. for the longest time, so let me ask you this................Where have you been up until now, and why all of a sudden your renewed interest? How many of you even offered to help with the Nomination Committee or anything else?

I'm not saying it's a bad thing, I'm actually pretty happy about it. Just very puzzling and very strange.

Guy Blackmon

As soon as the candidates are announce this is going to be the first question I ask because Guy is an important part of the future of this org. And this looks to be the way he thinks it should be.. I want to vote for a BOD who will potentially be a benefit for my business and this right here is not.. First question on my list.

Then I would advise that if I were to run John you not vote for me. I promise that if I were to run, that I will stand for what I believe in & the best interests of the Members and will never back down. I promise that if I were to run I would not spread misinformation about Contractors or our Industry. That I will never consider our Industry a Major source of pollution. If I were to run I would not sit idle by while people with guns berate Contractors as polluters and treat them as common criminals. That my business would not benefit in a very major way off the backs of our Membership.

If you don't think a few of those views are whats best for your business John then by all means don't vote for me, if I run.

Mathew Johnson

John, I said nothing about targeting the other Org. so don't put words in my mouth.

Do I think that we should have a Board Member here that is a Board Member or high ranking Committee Member of another Org. directly associated with our Industry....No, I don't, and I don't really care what people think about that statement because it's "MY" personal opinion. Like it, don't like it.....I don't care.

Would I like to see a bylaw change about this.....sure, but I can't change the bylaws and neither can the BOD, Only the Members can.

You know it's kind of funny, and just a personal observation that this BBS was Dead not that long ago. No one gave a flying flip about this Org. And to tell you the truth it was about to shut down. Now all of a sudden everyone is "Concerned" and wants to be "Involved" and wants this done and that done. Let me ask ya'll this.....I've been asking and pleading for people to be "Concerned" and "Involved" and back the UAMCC and support this Org. for the longest time, so let me ask you this................Where have you been up until now, and why all of a sudden your renewed interest? How many of you even offered to help with the Nomination Committee or anything else?

I'm not saying it's a bad thing, I'm actually pretty happy about it. Just very puzzling and very strange.

Good point, Guy....the answer may be that for months the industry heard very little from the sitting BOD, not actually even knowing who was a BOD member or Not. Have John or Mile post the minutes from the past 24 months of BOD meetings in the contractor only area. I am pretty sure you will have the answer to your question! I rejoined for the right to vote and nominate as have many others. Lets face reality, the stuff that has and hasnt happened over the past 2 years have both contributed to poor support by the contractor at large.

If there are a changes you will want to make.... put your hat in the ring, get elected, and make them. It is that simple. The stipulation that you cant be on the BOD if you are on the other BOD or high ranking committee isnt a bad idea. Pass the nomination chair hat to someonelse who is willing to do it and campaign

John Tornabene

Member Guest
Hey Guy.. Look at post Number 36 here please so we can keep this positive. Your saying to John Orr that you will look to change that people that become Board of directors can not be a MEMBER of another org. related to this industry.

After looking at this further because I'm hanging out in the emergency room now(Kath called a doctor and they told her to get me in the emergency room so here I sit with nothing but time) could you have misunderstood John?

I can definitely see how the board can make it a policy that you can't serve two masters and to define what that means but let's go with orgs that may have Powerwashers involved such as the PWNA,WCR, IWCA,IKECA etc cant be a board member in both.. Makes sense...

But your saying that you want to change that they can't be MEMBERS of orgs related to this industry and yes your not saying who those orgs are and no one is putting words in your mouth.

But if your really saying that then people would have to quit there memberships, change there marketing such as websites etc.. That's where the confusion may be coming from.. Is that correct what your saying?

Guy Blackmon

Hey Guy.. Look at post Number 36 here please so we can keep this positive. Your saying to John Orr that you will look to change that people that become Board of directors can not be a MEMBER of another org. related to this industry.

After looking at this further because I'm hanging out in the emergency room now(Kath called a doctor and they told her to get me in the emergency room so here I sit with nothing but time) could you have misunderstood John?

I can definitely see how the board can make it a policy that you can't serve two masters and to define what that means but let's go with orgs that may have Powerwashers involved such as the PWNA,WCR, IWCA,IKECA etc cant be a board member in both.. Makes sense...

But your saying that you want to change that they can't be MEMBERS of orgs related to this industry and yes your not saying who those orgs are and no one is putting words in your mouth.

But if your really saying that then people would have to quit there memberships, change there marketing such as websites etc.. That's where the confusion may be coming from.. Is that correct what your saying?

John not sure where you're getting this from at all! I never said just because you belong to another Org. you can't belong to this one, That's Insane!!! Instead of skimming over what I write and picking out Things You Think I Said. I would ask you to read what I wrote and quote me correctly. Stop trying to put words in my mouth and stop assuming things that just aren't there.

Go to post #43 Here's what I said......"Do I think that we should have a Board Member here that is a Board Member or high ranking Committee Member of another Org. directly associated with our Industry....No, I don't"

Now tell me what I said again John?

William Page

My post on this was not that other org members in general should not be BOD members on the UAMCC. My post was that no PWNA members should be on the BOD. Ditto on what Guy said above though. The confusion is not coming from what Guy said. It is the manipulating of his words that is doing that.

Guy Blackmon

Here's another one John #43 again.

"Would I like to see a bylaw change about this.....sure, but I can't change the bylaws and neither can the BOD, Only the Members can."

John Tornabene

Member Guest
Yup It makes perfect sense that you cant be at the same time on two different boards in industry related orgs. Not trying to put you down Guy if you were running for an exec spot here or any position within the UAMCC you would be a good choice.

Where needeling on typed words.. Your doing the usual good job.. I support the UAMCC and if you guys succeed the marketing people like I do who Market there membership gain.

John Tornabene

Member Guest
Re: Should I run for the UAMCC VP slot??
Originally Posted by John Orr
Just so it's clear, there is no rule in our by-laws that would, in any way, prohibit someone from being a member in any other org and holding a seat on our Board. I'm not saying that's good or bad, but it's the way it is. Any such rule would require a change to our by-laws.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And have it on my list of things that need to be changed.
Guy your front and center and I admire that about you so being out there and never bull jazz anyone.. And your the kind of Guy any org would like(Man I would love to cya on my Committee within the PWNA and the door is open there for you if you ever reconsider)

But just this post here is this what you meant and if so that's what I would like you to clarify. It has to be an oversight to Johns remark Guy because that's suicide to this org.. You want me to start telling you guys here that belong to the PWNA? Probably at least 10% if not more..if one guy Is from the WCR as a member and he becomes a BOD here your statement says that if you spearheaded a bylaw change thru the proper channels that WCR guy would have to quit his board.

What if next year I Ron for a BOD slot here and win... What would your position than for me and my PWNA membership?

It just doesn't make sense for all the obvious reasons

John Tornabene

Member Guest
Here's another one John #43 again.

"Would I like to see a bylaw change about this.....sure, but I can't change the bylaws and neither can the BOD, Only the Members can."
Common guy that's a ground ball. When the time is right you can make a motion to amend the bylaws, it has to passed thru the Bods for a vote..then from there if it passes through out to it's members it goes spearheaded by you. Yes then its in the memberships hands and there vote will decide.. But you spearheaded this change

Guy Blackmon

Yup It makes perfect sense that you cant be at the same time on two different boards in industry related orgs. Not trying to put you down Guy if you were running for an exec spot here or any position within the UAMCC you would be a good choice.

Where needeling on typed words.. Your doing the usual good job.. I support the UAMCC and if you guys succeed the marketing people like I do who Market there membership gain.

How can you go from understanding to not understanding in less than 8 hours John? Hope you get to feeling better Buddy.

Guy Blackmon

Common guy that's a ground ball. When the time is right you can make a motion to amend the bylaws, it has to passed thru the Bods for a vote..then from there if it passes through out to it's members it goes spearheaded by you. Yes then its in the memberships hands and there vote will decide.. But you spearheaded this change

Guess I don't understand Northern slang John. If by saying "That's a ground ball" you mean what I said was the truth, then Thank You!

So what if I "Spearhead" a change I believe in? Doesn't mean it will pass the Membership's vote. See that's the difference with the UAMCC John.......... Majority Rules....Not The Minority.

And I will accept that every time.

John Tornabene

Member Guest
Guess I don't understand Northern slang John. If by saying "That's a ground ball" you mean what I said was the truth, then Thank You!

So what if I "Spearhead" a change I believe in? Doesn't mean it will pass the Membership's vote. See that's the difference with the UAMCC John.......... Majority Rules....Not The Minority.
And I will accept that every time.
So do I Guy but on the PWNA board I stood for at times for causes I believe were important to members and it wasn't always the popular choice.. Everything we did as PWNA BOD'S we voted on. Your stance of making others give up regular memberships to industry Orgs. If they become a UAMCC BOD I would vote that down in a NY minute. Thats an elitist way of thinking.. But I admire your will to hammer down what you believe in. Besides that everything else your doing from me a UAMCC member is excellent. We don't have to agree on everything..and that's the reason why we have the voting process we do.
Good luck your kicking azz.

John Tornabene

Member Guest
How can you go from understanding to not understanding in less than 8 hours John? Hope you get to feeling better Buddy.

Thanks Guy I am feeling a little better.. I re-read what you wrote..the first part is a ground ball..I think most people would agree with you about serving two masters in the same industry orgs as Board of Directors for all the obvious problems. The UAMCC has been there before with Chair positions. They don't work.

Hey guy instead of us loosing people's interest.... Your the one in the spotlight.. I'm a UAMCC member in good standing..

From this example.. If a person is a PWNA member but holds no position such as not on there BOD, doesn't chair anything... And they Run and win a UAMCC board slot.. Whats your feelings about them keeping there PWNA membership?
That's it..simple question