• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Access to Members Only Section

John Orr

UAMCC Treasurer
I saw in a thread and I cant find it where it was posted that no one has access to the list. If you are telling me that no one has access to the list including the sitting BOD officers, I find that hard to believe that statement. I may have misunderstood the statement, please clarify... If know one truely does not have access to that list, there are some serious concerns to the infrastructure and current operations.

Again, please take a minute to clarify that statement and explain why candidates can not contact the voting members to pitch their ideas to and give the members time to ask questions. Expecting all members to come here and participate and become involved doesnt seem very fair. Please, I ask for some forward thinking here as the future of this organization depends on it.

Anxiously awaiting your response.

Matt

Matt, I went back and clarified my statement in my original post. No one, including sitting BOD members, are allowed to use the list for personal use. My thoughts are that there could be an official email from the org that could include any candidate statements. My stance has always been that our Members info is private and should not be made available to the public. Names with city, state are being posted and I think THAT type of list could be made available.

In any event, the decision of whether/when/how to disseminate Member info should be decided by the new BOD. The new BOD will be provided with an accurate and up-to-date Member list.

Last edited:

John Tornabene

Member Guest
Hey Matt when Beth was the PWNA bb admin that board use to rock. Do you remember after she left the horror show you and I got assign to do which was to clean up there bb?

I never liked the fact the PWNA shut down there bulletin board but it's a full-time job trying to manage it as I'm sure Beth can attest to how many hours she put into it when the PWNA was rocking.

Eventually the end of there bb came down to the BODS to decide what to do about it. Another Vote I was on the wrong end with. Jim Grady a Past IWCA president who was a rising star then within the PWNA supported my vote even though he like most business people don't care for the bulletin boards.

The one thing I always had time to do because of my other Job was to look after a bulletin board. The idea I had then would have worked I believe and I hope the UAMCC see's this.

The bb should have some areas made public.. But non members should only be able to see it and not have the ability to respond. If they become UAMCC members then they get full access.. And if they have a beef it's kept in private area's for membership only. Members can't even post outside of those areas.. It's like a different type setups so you can always chat with your fellow members thru the board by post etc... But leave anything open to the general public who can fire bomb the org just for the giggles of it.. Can cause some serious destruction and that's why the PWNA bb was eventually shut down.. Because anyone can go in there and clock them.

I still say a bb for there members is good.. And very little for the outside to get people to join.. That I think can work.. But leave the bb wide open is way to much to handle.

You have some other good bb's that anyone can say most anything which if your a bb person then there a great place to go to for the free for all of it... The org boards should be s little different or don't even bother having them.. As you know 90% of the industry if not more never respond to the bulletin boards because it's not there thing. Ask anyone you know who makes serious money in there trade if they do bulletin board stuff. The'y look at you cross eyed.

But for some of us like myself I think the bulletin board is a benefit to it's members if you change it just a little.

Cya in Albany.