• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Logo Changes

Doug Rucker

UAMCC Board of Directors
I think EVERYTHING should be on the table. We are in the process of changing history, everything should at least be discussed that can be a positve change. Minds and Hearts need to be wide open.

Doug Rucker 281.883.8470 Clean and Green Solutions

Beth Borrego

If you are going that far, just start a new org and leave the name (and this org) alone. It's not the same if you change the name. That's like renaming kid when he's 15 years old. All his family and friends know him as Mark. All his records say Mark. Now you want to call him Curly.
It's just....anyway.

Beth

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member
If you are going that far, just start a new org and leave the name (and this org) alone. It's not the same if you change the name. That's like renaming kid when he's 15 years old. All his family and friends know him as Mark. All his records say Mark. Now you want to call him Curly.
It's just....anyway.

Beth

Doug Rucker

UAMCC Board of Directors
It's just....anyway.

Beth

Actually it can be better...many many orgs and corp have changed their name and either stayed or became very successful. Not everything is in a name. It's just....called RE-branding. Which this place needs badly...IMO

Beth Borrego

Actually it can be better...many many orgs and corp have changed their name and either stayed or became very successful. Not everything is in a name. It's just....called RE-branding. Which this place needs badly...IMO

I know what re-branding is. I just may not agree with it in this case. And I'm entitled to have a different opinion.
Beth

Beth Borrego

Curly was a name I pulled out of thin hair - whoops - I mean AIR. :biggrin: Sorry! But you asked for that....

Fine use the name JimBobBoy for all I care....the point is the same....

Seriously, I had no idea you were bald, after all you never take the damn hat off....
And I don't go looking at strange men's hairlines.....

Beth

Jeff LeCours

Here's a successful rebranded company ... I actually saw a story on TV about them

How Did You Come Up with That Name Big Ass Fans?

We started in 1999 as the HVLS Fan Company, but after 3 years in business we finally had to bow to the sentiments of our customers and concede that we do, in fact, design and manufacture some Big Ass Fans. It was therefore a natural step to change our name to Big Ass Fan Company, and to “adopt” our mascot, Fanny the Donkey, shortly thereafter.
http://www.bigassfans.com/company/

Maybe the UAMCC can rebrand to " Bad Ass Pressure Washing Association" BAPWA

Ken Fenner

MCC is commonly used for motor cycle clubs. If we all buy Harleys and can think of something for the letters U and A we can keep the URL.

John Tornabene

Member Guest
What's in a name?? The excitement here is going to give you guys more work.. You would have to refile the name http://smallbusiness.chron.com/change-name-non-profit-organization-1150.html Got to love the passion :) You ever wonder why "volunteers" quit??

Logo changing and of course a slogan should be a Cake walk compared to name changes. Don't forget your dealing with IRS breaks in a non profit.. Sounds like alot of work to refile a new name.. The URL I dont think falls into a name change if you did something like theuamcc.org that URL should be very fixable probem once the Board gets in.

Good luck on the name change if you happen to follow thru with that one.

Jeff LeCours

What's in a name?? The excitement here is going to give you guys more work.. You would have to refile the name http://smallbusiness.chron.com/change-name-non-profit-organization-1150.html Got to love the passion :) You ever wonder why "volunteers" quit??

Logo changing and of course a slogan should be a Cake walk compared to name changes. Don't forget your dealing with IRS breaks in a non profit.. Sounds like alot of work to refile a new name.. The URL I dont think falls into a name change if you did something like theuamcc.org that URL should be very fixable probem once the Board gets in.

Good luck on the name change if you happen to follow thru with that one.

John, dont worry about it. I am sure the new team would work on more important stuff first. You guys are right??.

It is funny though, I remember when it was starting up, I couldnt get the damn letters in the right order I think I use to call it UMACAPPWHATEVER

Guy Blackmon

Hey let's remember, we're just "Spit-Balling" here. Sure some of it may come to pass, but it's really good to see Member input and passions on the forum again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk