• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Hello From The Surface Dr

surface Dr

Hello, My name is Tom Cigno and I own a business called Surface Dr. in Vail Colorado. We do Natural Stone Restoration, Hard Surface Cleaning (truck mount, natural stone and tile..), Wood repair and restoration, Stainless Steel restoration and some pressure washing. As I said, I have a truck mount that can go up to 245 degrees and about 2500 to 3000 psi and also a regular cold pressure washer capable of at least 3000 psi (it may be 4000, I forget). I typically use a turbo nozzle (mostly to eliminate striping, have read that they cause damage.. thoughts?) and it is mostly when I am stripping topical off of flagstones.
I do a lot of work for a high end hotel that is 5 + years old. I have cleaned some of their vertical concrete out on their valet wall and the head engineer was very impressed. He has had some other companies try to solicit him to do this work, but he trusts me and wants me to do it. Sounds easy right???? HE will supply the lift, even better. The building is stucco and has solid concrete form detail. HE only wants me to do the concrete, not the stucco… I am sure you are already painting the same picture that I have of horrible streaks and staining going down the dirty stucco and clean concrete (which is mostly detail work around windows and, doors…). There is some copper staining and some other “interesting stains” on the vertical concrete. There is no way for me to figure out the square footage unless I measured it, and that is not very realistic. If I had to guess, I would think that the total square footage of all four buildings would be around 5 mill sq ft total and 750K in the formed concrete. Oh, did I mention that he has a 5 star hotel on a best western budget??? But yes, I still do want the business if we can come to something reasonable. I typically work alone, but sometime I will have a helper.
So, I was thinking of a couple different possible solutions that I wanted to run past you guys and see what you thought or if you had any suggestions.
1) Do what I would normally on concrete and use Shorbest con de-soil 2790 (suggestions are welcome for sure). Which would most assuredly cause streaking on the stucco and possibly damage the pavers on the ground (which are also filthy, see pics)
2) Just hit it with water and pressure (yes, I know hot would be best) and let it go..
Now (in theory) we have it clean… right? Well, what about the waste water? We are 100 yds away from gold medal trout water. There are storm drains that I could possibly cap off and try to divert the water into the sewer drains. What if I used a biodegradable cleaning product (suggestions if this is a possible solution)? Does that usually make the local authorities happy since it is “biodegradable”, can/ will it affect the streams? If I just used plane water could I still get in trouble because I am rinsing of potential “hazardous material” into the ground?
When we walked the property, I also mentioned to him (head engineer) that there was a very good possibility that since the concrete decorative forms butt right up to the stucco that there would be no way that I could guarantee or be responsible for any damage to the stucco or window paint….
Well, that is kind of it in a nut shell. I am hoping you pressure washing hot shots can fill me in on what liabilities I might still be missing, suggest some solutions as how to go about it, fill me in on the epa side of the equation and how/ what to do, and anything else you can think of.
Thanks for helping a new guy to the board. If there is anything I can help with as far as Natural Stone, Wood, or stainless, please feel free to hit me up. I teach stone restoration and have extensive knowledge of Wood and Stainless.

Attachments

• DSC09696.JPG
    DSC09696.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 26
  • DSC09680.jpg
    DSC09680.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 25
  • DSC09681.jpg
    DSC09681.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 21
  • DSC09682.JPG
    DSC09682.JPG