• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Walmart

scrubbudsllc

Scrub Buds, LLC is a power washing company out of Maryland. I was on my way to Walmart and noticed a no name power washing company who did not take any pride in their work. They did the worst job ever! I am trying to out bid these jokers for the contract, but I am unsure how much to charge. Does anybody know the average price for a contract with Walmart or what I should charge per SqFt? Any advise would be helpful. Thanks much!

-Scrub Buds

Guy Blackmon

Whats the Wal Mart motto.....Low Prices Always

Of course it depends on a lot of factors, but our business model isn't based on low price, it's based on quality of service something most Wal-Marts don't care about. I pass on them.

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member
Ok, you want the truth... they average between 750.00 & 1150.00 per month for front Walks. That does not include Garden or Tire Center.

If you want I can Post checks if there are any people here doubting. The only retail that pays better if Costco.

I think the guys who run around doing these tell everyone that they are low. I have never charged them any less.

I do remember getting the call from a competitor I took them from. He called me a low ball hack, he assumed I beat his 200 price. I had to show him the agreement on the first store. It was 700.00 per month. I have never bid a store less than that.

Did you loose the bid? Dont assume you lost because your where not lowest. That a misconception in this industry.

scrubbudsllc

Thanks Ron, I have not placed a bid yet. I am trying to get my foot in the door with the chain out here in Maryland. I was just irritated to see such poor quality of work and that motivated me to wanna take the contract from them. I am curious; however, what is the best way to get my foot in the door? I spoke to a manager and they told me the first thing I need to do is call 1.800.walmart and give them my information to become an approved vendor. Then I am able to place bids from there. Is this the appropriate route I should take?

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member
They have changed the way they accept contractors, Ive been one for 20 years so I'm not familiar with the current way. It was always an invite in the past, You could create the invite by contacting the cash office at store level.

Russ Spence

I stopped messing with them during the USM thing, so whats the news these days on walmart? Are they still using a NSP or have they gone back to in house???

Gene Beck

I couldn't agree more with Ron. To many times my competition assumes I get their work because I am cheaper. I am ALWAYS more expensive. Early on I actually lost bids because my pricing was to low and the customer assumed I could do work at that price (they probably were right) That's a lesson I haven't forgotten. Also remember when you deal with large box type stores you have addtional cost as well. They sometimes limit the times and dates you can clean, they usually require more stringent insurance requirements, some even now require additional insurance to protect them from water violations. I have heard from some "pressure washers" that "I can bid the work cheaper because I have lower over head" That kind of thinking lowers the price for everyone. Your current over head maybe lower, but if your prices are below industry standard how are you going to grow? Lower over head should mean more profit, not charging less. Good luck though

Greg Rentschler

Bringing this topic back up as we are dealing with them currently. Just closed the deal on one of the stores for cleaning the store front. I'm waiting for the approval on the concrete cleaning and gum removal currently. They still deal through a service provider even if your working directly with them. The problem is maintenance companies pick up some of these contracts and then your dealing with 2 service providers... bad news for sure then.

Greg Rentschler

All went well. The service company sends over a low ball NTE work order of which we rebid. Bid was accepted, work was completed and we were paid on day 28 of following the cleaning. So far so good!

Attachments

• IMG_20131008_234154_251.jpg
    IMG_20131008_234154_251.jpg
    322.5 KB · Views: 67