• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Breaking into the business

charismaticace

I apologize if this is not posted in the correct area, I'm new. I am currently in the pre-stages of opening my power washing business (consolidating debts, etc.) Currently there is one other powerwashing business in my area which specializes in confinement units. I plan on doing this as well as other areas. My question is: Would it be a good idea to go around to local farmers, and offer to do jobs for free (I've got the funds) to show them the quality of my work and then, if they are interested in using me on a regular basis, offer them a price that undercuts my competition by 20%? What are some pitfalls of doing this? What would be some actions the other company could take to counter this?

Tim Fields

If the only thing that you have to offer is low price, then the only thing needed for someone to take away your livelihood is for them to be willing to whore themselves out for less.

The fellow doing them now wishes he could raise his prices two percent as he is barely getting by but the cash strapped customers won't allow it. There is no way that you can make it on twenty percent less.

Doug Rucker

UAMCC Board of Directors
I wouldn't do jobs for free, but I would certainly offer Free Demos. Small sections of something they need cleaned. And I agree with Tim. Sell your service on value. Do better work, offer better service, and charge 20% more than he is. I often tell customers, I'll never be the lowest priced, and if I am, please don't hire me. It will just mean I underbid the job.

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member
Great Answers guys, Please feel free to call me anytime if you have questions. Ask as many as you like here we have industry pro waiting to help you no matter how simple or easy you might think they are.