• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Angie's List?

Jay Rissler

I have angies listing but I don't get anything from it. I have found it very difficult to update and it is probably not set up.

Anyone want to help me?

John Orr

UAMCC Treasurer
I have Angie's listing but I don't get anything from it. I have found it very difficult to update and it is probably not set up.

Anyone want to help me?

I would recommend that you call Angie and they'll set you up. They have reps that will work with you to maximize your exposure on AL. While you can't pay to get listed, they do offer opportunities for highly rated businesses to promote your ranking to AL members.

I am now averaging 2 - 3 calls per week.

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member
Those are great numbers , do you have the average revenue formula for that ?

Text me anytime for question 480-522-5227

John Orr

UAMCC Treasurer
Those are great numbers , do you have the average revenue formula for that ?

Text me anytime for question 480-522-5227

I close almost every A-L lead, and my average residential customer spends approximately $300. (For full disclosure, the volume of calls does fluctuate. There are many fewer calls in the winter, closer to 3 -4 per month.)

Dave Mac

John how many reports do you have?? I find that is probaly the most important factor, also do you pay to be listed on the first page??
do you have the super service award these are all very important.Another way to get great exposure is the big deal.

Bill Booz

UAMCC Board of Directors
Angies list is working great for lots of contractors BUT....
Have a back up plan in case they go the way of the Dodo.
They have run into growing losses with growing revenue and have never turned a profit, as a new IPO if this trend continues, there stock will plummet within two years and they will sell or close.

Here is an article from an investor I follow. You can find many more like it.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/ciocentral/2011/11/23/angies-list-doomed/

Here are the actual numbers. 49 million lost last year after 90 million in revenue, so it cost them $139million to run it last year
http://seekingalpha.com/article/568911-angie-s-list-s-growth-is-not-being-translated-into-profits

Here are the losses per share for investors as the stock is a slow rising loss, it actually spiked today and trades on Nasdaq
http://wallstcheatsheet.com/stocks/angies-list-earnings-loss-widens.html/

we use them, and have won the Super service award, they are great and bring in quality leads. But we may need to search for alternatives so we are not caught off guard if they dissolve.

John Orr

UAMCC Treasurer
John how many reports do you have?? I find that is probaly the most important factor, also do you pay to be listed on the first page??
do you have the super service award these are all very important.Another way to get great exposure is the big deal.

I currently have 40+ reports with no negative remarks. I have never paid A-L anything - except for decals for my vehicle. I've gotten the Super Service Award every year they've given them out - at least around here - 2008, 9, 10 and 11. The awards are given the year after they're won.

John Orr

UAMCC Treasurer
Angies list is working great for lots of contractors BUT....
Have a back up plan in case they go the way of the Dodo.
They have run into growing losses with growing revenue and have never turned a profit, as a new IPO if this trend continues, there stock will plummet within two years and they will sell or close.

Here is an article from an investor I follow. You can find many more like it.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/ciocentral/2011/11/23/angies-list-doomed/

Here are the actual numbers. 49 million lost last year after 90 million in revenue, so it cost them $139million to run it last year
http://seekingalpha.com/article/568911-angie-s-list-s-growth-is-not-being-translated-into-profits

Here are the losses per share for investors as the stock is a slow rising loss, it actually spiked today and trades on Nasdaq
http://wallstcheatsheet.com/stocks/angies-list-earnings-loss-widens.html/

we use them, and have won the Super service award, they are great and bring in quality leads. But we may need to search for alternatives so we are not caught off guard if they dissolve.

Thanks Bill, I'll be sure not to invest in Angie! LOL I'm sure at some point, if they don't start making money, someone will buy them.

Bill Booz

UAMCC Board of Directors
John, I would hope so too, but always good to have a back up prepared to launch in case.
We do pay them like $175 a month to have some ads they put out in their magazine, website etc. Seems to help. We did not buy the stickers yet.

Tony Evans

Board of Director
I don't use them for the simple reason that I feel that their commercials are misleading. They say no contractor can pay to be on Angie's List and then when you go there you have to pay as a contractor to be on Angie's list. ??????

DeJay Brock

We Love Angie's list for residential. It is true, you cant pay to be on Angie's list but you can pay for better placement only if you have good reviews. I pay 220 per month and they highlight my company for pressure washing and put our add in their magazine that goes out to 20,000 customers every month.

In order to be on Angie's list an Angie's list customer must call and give you a positive review. You can not pay or just sign up. Good luck

Tony Evans

Board of Director
I must have misunderstood your comment about paying for better placement. To me the BBB does that by letting you pay to get a better grade ie better perceived placement. What exactly do you mean when you say "you can pay for better placement"?

DeJay Brock

You have to keep a B+ or better rating to be able to even have the option to get better placement. Tony, give them a call tomorrow and talk with them. They can shine more light on this subject. When you call tomorrow tell that that you wanna join and they will tell you no. You can't just sign up.

Tony Evans

Board of Director
I would have done just that DJ but after some checking it turns out I'm already on. You're comments on paying for better placement had me confused at first. No one around me uses it much but maybe they will. Better yet maybe folks will start looking at membership and certification in associations like UAMCC as a better way to choose a contractor.

Doug Rucker

UAMCC Board of Directors
You have to keep a B+ or better rating to be able to even have the option to get better placement. Tony, give them a call tomorrow and talk with them. They can shine more light on this subject. When you call tomorrow tell that that you wanna join and they will tell you no. You can't just sign up.

I did.....