• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Our filtration trailer is 18 days old. lol (give or take a little)

Tony Shelton

Environmental Consultant / Past Director
My son's company does a lot of flatwork. He doesn't mess with much else. But when the opportunity comes up to get free equipment that we might need in the future we won't pass it up.

Here is our reclaim trailer. It has 1 - 6gpm hot water Landa, 300 gallon fresh tank, 50 gallon reuse tank, three phase basic filtration through stainless steel compartments, a regular large pool cartridge filter (which can be bypassed) and a DE final polishing filter (which can also be bypassed) to supply the reuse tank when needed. (reuse tank is not pictured here)

With the polishing filter the re-usable water has a light yellow-brown color and you can almost see clearly to the bottom of the holding tank.

We put almost all this together with the proceeds from an 12hr $3600 grease spill that was 20 ft wide and 300 ft long. The staff had put down kitty litter and gravel all over the scene.

The vacuum was around $2k total with all the misc stuff.
The generator was $350
The trailer with the hot water skid, (2500 hrs with a new pump and 1 yr old motor), three phase filtration + pool filter was $1800 off craigslist.
I already had the DE filter and pump from my initial coil cleaning machine but those ran me about $800 back then.

While I know the trailer was a great deal, it just took time and patience to get that deal. The whole package was less than $5k. No loans, no payments, just cash money from the proceeds of a job it was needed on. We won't be selling it on craigslist anytime soon because even if it sits 11 months out of the year, it only cost $5K!

We use oil socks for oil removal and another type of filtration media we discovered by accident that I don't want to name to help filter any soaps that have to be used. The final filter in the three phase is a charcoal filter. That means that by the time the filtration makes it to the pool filter there's not much left to filter and the DE filter gets little or no grease or oil to gum it up. Even if it does it only takes about 3 minutes to pull it out, rinse it off and put it back to work. Otherwise, if that level of filtration is not needed we can tap out before the filtration and send it straight down the sewer as is the practice of some others who scream and wail about filtration and the EPA all the time.

This filtration unit has no problem keeping up with two 6gpm skids and room for I'd guess maybe one or two more.

The trailer is not rated for 97 mph on the interstate. It has good old fashioned PAINT on it. It does however have the same brand of springless axle that a certain garage cleaner has on his trailers (as is on my lift) It's rated for a little more weight than it carries.

Previously when jobs like this cleanup came up we had to throw together whatever we could onto the flatbeds and hit the road. All my reclaim for coil cleaning had to be manually portable so we could bring it on roofs. But now we have a trailer that is always at the ready for garage cleaning, grease or oil spills, hazardous spills or whatever else comes our way that might require reclaim.

And, because we were thrifty enough to get this unit without mortgaging a month or two worth of work we can keep our prices reasonable and still provide the exact same environmentally correct cleanup in those rare situations where actual hazardous material needs to be cleaned up.

2012-06-22_17-23-38_968.jpg

Tony Shelton

Environmental Consultant / Past Director
I send them off with a subcontractor to dump in his yard. Lol. Joking.

This media can legally thrown in the dumpster when done.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2