• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Anybody know this outfit?

Carlos Gonzales

Tulare County Fire Department and Tulare County District Attorney’s Office in warning consumers and businesses across California to be on alert for anyone coming to their offices, stores or restaurants to service their fire extinguishers, to perform service on the hood and duct systems over cooking areas, or to conduct maintenance on automatic sprinkler systems.

Investigators believe that representatives of "American Fire Protection" have been using high-pressure sales tactics and deceptive methods to convince business owners to buy their service. These methods include:

Wearing uniforms with patches similar to those worn by fire department staff, giving the impression that they are from the fire department.

Claiming they are fire marshals and authorized to close the business if not allowed to do an inspection of the fire protection systems and make subsequent repairs.

Claiming they are there to service fire extinguishers or hood and duct systems prior to the date those devices are to be serviced.

Claiming they are at a business to provide service on extinguishers or hood duct systems that have previously been serviced by another company.

In many cases, when hired by the business owner, they will do sub-standard work without proper building code inspections. Investigators believe that American Fire Protection, which is based in Camarillo (Ventura County), operates throughout California, from the San Francisco Bay Area to Sacramento in the north, through the central valley counties of Tulare, Kings, Fresno, Madera, Merced and Mariposa, the San Luis Obispo coastal area and into Santa Barbara, Ventura, Los Angeles, Orange and other Southern California regions.

A Tulare County Superior Court judge has granted a temporary restraining order, restricting company Chief Executive Officer Danny Victor Williams, Anthony David Ash and Ken Gordon Speck from:

Impersonating governmental fire protection officials to gain admission to places of business; falsely representing that they have serviced fire protection equipment and placing inspection tags on equipment that has not been properly inspected and serviced; and

Making untrue and misleading statements in connection with the sale or attempted sale of fire equipment contracting services.

The Tulare County District Attorney’s Office is also seeking a Preliminary Injunction, as part of a civil suit filed to stop the company from engaging in "unlawful business practices," under Business and Professions Code 17200 and 17500.

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member
------------------------------

Is that the same company?

UAMCC Admin Edit: Since we have no way of knowing if this is the company or merely one with a similar/shared name, we have removed this link. If it were the correct website, the link will draw attention to this BBS from an obviously disreputable outfit. We cannot have that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Josh Dodson

UAMCC Admin Edit: Since we have no way of knowing if this is the company or merely one with a similar/shared name, we have removed this link. If it were the correct website, the link will draw attention to this BBS from an obviously disreputable outfit. We cannot have that.

Send me the info Ron. I will investigate, and if found to be the same we can post it at TGP.

Ken Fenner

Josh, if you find out, let us know. In my initial investigation, the link appeared to be a different company so rather than risk damaging the reputation of a company and risk lawsuits, the link was removed.

Carlos Gonzales

Good catch Ken!!!:coool:

Alexy

If you google them and click on the reviews they got blasted for not filling fire extinguishers then charging to come back out and fix them right.
Thats public domain, therefore considered common knowlege. Also wth a news paper printing the incident there is no way you can be held liable for repeating what is commercially sold as a story and since it is a criminal violation and again a public record you are not liable for reporduction of that information.

topcoat

Contributing Member
I think Ken's point was more that the link that was posted did not look like the company in question. In that case, it would be a bad thing to have the site of an innocent bystander cast in a negative light.

cleanhoods

I accually had to warn my customers of a company in my area that uses similar tactics.What they do they will come in a liitle before or after my service and look for management only.I went to one was set up and company already came in. Another a customer was like"Marko you just came in why are you trying to clean again?"I expalined what was happening and i dont have employees plus i dont do that kind of shisty business as well.Basically it is steeling money in my eyes.
Marko