• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

What additional services tie in with Power Washing?

Chris Lambrinides

Like others have said. It just goes hand in hand with pressure washing. Only exteriors for our commercial customers.

What got you started window cleaning?

Oh oops, I quoted the wrong post.. I meant to say what caused you to drop the roof washing.

I got started in window cleaning about a year before pressure washing.. I was working with a guy and ended up going out on my own.

Chris Apple

We weren't getting many calls unless we advertised heavily for roof cleaning. Ive just found it easier to make money washing buildings and cleaning sidewalks.

Chris Apple

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354628494.547316.jpg

I added Christmas Iighting, but only for special customers (my daughter).

Dave Mac

I would say for residential powerwashing almost anything on the home kind of ties into powerwashing.
we do house washing
Gutters
windows
carpentry
decks staining
painting

Hw has the best margins

Art Oliveri

My truck is set up for Home Repair. During the day I maybe power washing in the morning and fixing Siding in the afternoon. I have sold many PW's because I fix the siding at the same time. Most PW's don't fix siding or trim. But I do

Javier Nevarez

It's great to see the versatility that this business has to offer from experienced professionals like yourselves. I've been doing my own pressure washing on the side for the past two years and have stuck mainly to auto detailing and exhaust hood cleaning. Although I have made some decent cash, I want a bigger peace of the pie!..lol...I've just been a lil insecure of taking the plunge and going full time. With the coming of 2013 I want to really change things up and go full throttle, so I think this is the year I finally get to doing what I've been wanting to do for a long time! It definitely helps to see the positive talk on the business, as it gives me hope and motivation!..If anybody has any tips or advice on making it in this business and keeping it going go for years to come I would greatly appreciate it!

Jillian Shelton

Contributing Member
Commercial:
Porter
Sweeping
Landscaping
Snow plowing
Stripping
Graffitti removal
Building wash
Fleet
Pest/odor control removal
Etc

Residential:
Building
Roof
Pest/ odor control removal
Gutter
Tree trimming
Light hanging
Mobile vehicle
Patios and pools
Etc

Chris Sarter

Hey, now this is something I know a little about!
Pressure Washers are probably one of the most versatile groups of contractors on the planet. I've seen guys up-sell everything from tree service to Christmas lights. To me it really shows the ingenuity and work ethic of our group. There is an endless number of other services you can offer as a PW contractor, but the key is to offer services that utilize the skills and equipment you already have. Don't forget you are a cleaning contractor, and you are probably pretty good at it. There is another side to our industry, that most guys don't ever get a piece of. It's what you can offer the customer after the cleaning that's the real $$ maker. No matter what you are cleaning, there is almost always an additional service you can offer them. Whether it is concrete, wood, pavers, brick, block, stone, etc... All of these surfaces need to be protected, and many times the customer is also interested in changing the color or appearance of the surface. Think about offering services like concrete sealing, deck staining, stone sealing, concrete staining, epoxy floors, etc. These are services you can offer right now to your existing customers. Think about it, you've already done the hard part when the cleaning is done. Why leave the other half of the job unfinished?
I actually wrote an article in the June issue of e-CLEAN about this very subject. Check it out at http://www.ecleanmag.com/past-issues

David, what's up buddy? You are correct about all of this. Client would rather have a single vendor for multiple jobs than many different ones. We were very successful doing this.

We were supposed to ad porter services to a 100 acre strip mall in central nj, but they decide to stay with current vendor due to sale of property. But it was going to add to more full time folks to the company with roughly about 10k a year in profit. Not to bad.
Chris
Greased lightning