• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

What additional services tie in with Power Washing?

Gene Beck

Recently one our clients asked us to submitt a bid for portering on their property. We have also be asked to do landscaping, striping and window washing. In the past we have kept a small list of contractors we refered the work to as we were a very small (read 1 trailer and 2 guys) operation. We have been rethinking this as we have grown alittle. What are your thoughts on this? While landscaping and striping are something I personally have no interest in at this time, portering is intriguing and seems a good fit and ties in with the people and equipment we already have? Thoughts, opinions?

David Phillips

UAMCC Associate Member
Hey, now this is something I know a little about!
Pressure Washers are probably one of the most versatile groups of contractors on the planet. I've seen guys up-sell everything from tree service to Christmas lights. To me it really shows the ingenuity and work ethic of our group. There is an endless number of other services you can offer as a PW contractor, but the key is to offer services that utilize the skills and equipment you already have. Don't forget you are a cleaning contractor, and you are probably pretty good at it. There is another side to our industry, that most guys don't ever get a piece of. It's what you can offer the customer after the cleaning that's the real $$ maker. No matter what you are cleaning, there is almost always an additional service you can offer them. Whether it is concrete, wood, pavers, brick, block, stone, etc... All of these surfaces need to be protected, and many times the customer is also interested in changing the color or appearance of the surface. Think about offering services like concrete sealing, deck staining, stone sealing, concrete staining, epoxy floors, etc. These are services you can offer right now to your existing customers. Think about it, you've already done the hard part when the cleaning is done. Why leave the other half of the job unfinished?
I actually wrote an article in the June issue of e-CLEAN about this very subject. Check it out at http://www.ecleanmag.com/past-issues

Tony Shelton

Environmental Consultant / Past Director
Mobile bidet service. Tip....use a ball valve and increase pressure slowly..

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Mike Woolley

UAMCC Associate Member
In our cleaning business we have 4 street sweepers that compliment building washing quite well. Sweepers get us washing work........washers get us sweeping work. We got about 50% more washing work as far as commercial goes when we added sweepers on.

Doug Rucker

UAMCC Board of Directors
Most of my customers are happy with the window's when we are done cleaning the house. For those that want additional cleaning I have someone I refer them to.