Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: UAMCC stance on BMPs, CWA, EPA and Model Ordinances

Default UAMCC stance on BMPs, CWA, EPA and Model Ordinances

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Stone View Post
    by sticking to the concept, particularly for flat work, that if there is no off property discharge, there is no need for compliance.
    What about Karst? Has that come up as an issue?
    Marc King
    Marc's on the Glass
    804-380-6601

Default UAMCC stance on BMPs, CWA, EPA and Model Ordinances

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Stone View Post
    There are a couple of things that are forgone conclusions. One is, there is going to be some regulation. I think that I speak for all when we are planning on promoting a stance of easier compliance, by sticking to the concept, particularly for flat work, that if there is no off property discharge, there is no need for compliance. I can't understand how a contractor organization could say they are helping the contractor by getting tighter regulations in place. Particularly since they won't really do anything to protect the groundwater.
    There are other things that have not been discussed that I have streaming through my mind, but I need to put hard facts together so that they are realistic and easily accomplished.
    Well said Scott!!

I think we also need to look at the perception that has been projected about our Industry by persons and/or Organizations within our Industry. Unprofessional? Polluters? Wasteful use of water? Criminals???

This has got to be stopped now!!!

Default Re: UAMCC stance on BMPs, CWA, EPA and Model Ordinances

The important thing here is all members have a voice, this is not about one man. It just never will be that org

I have already learned so much in just the past two months. The learning opportunities here are enormous. It is great having the information needed so we can do our best.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I can easily see this becoming the preeminent association in the cleaning industry. Not a specific area of cleaning like pressure cleaning or window cleaning but the overall association for all areas.
    Tony Evans
    A New View Exterior Cleaning
    UAMCC President
    319-325-9475 Call or Text
    tony@anewviewia.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLBbO8DjLQU

It is great having the information needed so we can do our best.
    I couldn't agree more. I have been doing residential cleaning for a couple years and it is pretty easy to use the clean water act as a guideline. The most difficult information to find seems to be on dock cleaning. If anyone here knows where to find this info please share. I am willing to do some research so I can be sure I'm having the most positive impact possible.

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information