• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

UAMCC stance on BMPs, CWA, EPA and Model Ordinances

With the lengthy discussion on the above referenced areas taking place over at the Pressure Washing Institute - is there an official UAMCC stance on this or plans to develop a firm contractor-friendly environmental policy?

Tony Evans

Board of Director
I am interested in that answer as well. I don't do much pressure cleaning at this time but this year am making a big push into it. I would hate to have to cancel that expansion simply because of the activities of certain individuals making it fiscally unrealistic.

Bill Booz

UAMCC Board of Directors
With the lengthy discussion on the above referenced areas taking place over at the Pressure Washing Institute - is there an official UAMCC stance on this or plans to develop a firm contractor-friendly environmental policy?

Yes absolutley. Our environmental committee : Jerry Mcmillin Scott Stone, Tony Shelton, Ron Musgraves and Jerry Mcmillin are gearing up to do just that. We have plans to adopt contractor friendly, compliant bmp's. They also helped create our WWC certification. I will inform them that this post is here and they can give a better picture of what's in store.

Tony Shelton

Environmental Consultant / Past Director
Yes absolutley. Our environmental committee : Jerry Mcmillin Scott Stone, Tony Shelton, Ron Musgraves and Jerry Mcmillin are gearing up to do just that. We have plans to adopt contractor friendly, compliant bmp's. They also helped create our WWC certification. I will inform them that this post is here and they can give a better picture of what's in store.

I know we plan on making some informative videos and powerpoints designed to show the public and regulators how we are a positive force in the environment.

We also plan on having regional help from individual contractors.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Jason Reider

I know we plan on making some informative videos and powerpoints designed to show the public and regulators how we are a positive force in the environment.

This is exactly what we small businesses need to show/educate our local regulators. This would be a tremendous help for my area.

Scott Stone

There are a couple of things that are forgone conclusions. One is, there is going to be some regulation. I think that I speak for all when we are planning on promoting a stance of easier compliance, by sticking to the concept, particularly for flat work, that if there is no off property discharge, there is no need for compliance. I can't understand how a contractor organization could say they are helping the contractor by getting tighter regulations in place. Particularly since they won't really do anything to protect the groundwater.
There are other things that have not been discussed that I have streaming through my mind, but I need to put hard facts together so that they are realistic and easily accomplished.

Steven Mendez

Though I am new to this industry I Know that this is the field for me. I would like to Thank everyone that is trying to make things easier and shine a different light on the industry. Scott, Tony, Ron and anyone else that is involved, thanks.

Tony Shelton

Environmental Consultant / Past Director
Though I am new to this industry I Know that this is the field for me. I would like to Thank everyone that is trying to make things easier and shine a different light on the industry. Scott, Tony, Ron and anyone else that is involved, thanks.

Thank you for your help Steven.

Guy Blackmon

There are a couple of things that are forgone conclusions. One is, there is going to be some regulation. I think that I speak for all when we are planning on promoting a stance of easier compliance, by sticking to the concept, particularly for flat work, that if there is no off property discharge, there is no need for compliance. I can't understand how a contractor organization could say they are helping the contractor by getting tighter regulations in place. Particularly since they won't really do anything to protect the groundwater.
There are other things that have not been discussed that I have streaming through my mind, but I need to put hard facts together so that they are realistic and easily accomplished.

Well said Scott!!

I think we also need to look at the perception that has been projected about our Industry by persons and/or Organizations within our Industry. Unprofessional? Polluters? Wasteful use of water? Criminals???

This has got to be stopped now!!!

George Clarke

UAMCC Board of Directors
I have already learned so much in just the past two months. The learning opportunities here are enormous. It is great having the information needed so we can do our best.

Tony Evans

Board of Director
I can easily see this becoming the preeminent association in the cleaning industry. Not a specific area of cleaning like pressure cleaning or window cleaning but the overall association for all areas.

gregory

It is great having the information needed so we can do our best.
I couldn't agree more. I have been doing residential cleaning for a couple years and it is pretty easy to use the clean water act as a guideline. The most difficult information to find seems to be on dock cleaning. If anyone here knows where to find this info please share. I am willing to do some research so I can be sure I'm having the most positive impact possible.