• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Questions from Customers

Marc King

Hi Group,

I think 1 out of 25 customers ask me:

"What do you use to wash houses?"

There were a few of those last year that I didn't land the job.

Why, do you think, they are asking that?
What have you found to be an answer that is successful in response and winning the job?

Cameron Queen

I find that usually they are asking because someone told them either a) pressure washing is bad or b) that house washers use bleach and this is bad.... Or both!

Both concerns are just your opportunity to explain why 'what their buddy told them' is 100% incorrect :thumbup:

Work on your blurb/pitch, find the key phrases that set your soon-to-be-customers minds at ease.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 Android

Hey thats right. Sears sold people for years that their sidding would stop a golf ball. Tornado winds and every thing else. But never pressure wash. It cant take that kind of abuse I tell them I use a alkilne cleaner that does not contain bleech. That is why my price might be higher. Hey I just started last year its been working pretty good for me.

Matthew Pate

Hey thats right. Sears sold people for years that their sidding would stop a golf ball. Tornado winds and every thing else. But never pressure wash. It cant take that kind of abuse I tell them I use a alkilne cleaner that does not contain bleech. That is why my price might be higher. Hey I just started last year its been working pretty good for me.

Not sure where you are from since you don't have a signature. How long does it take you to wash a house that is 2,000 sq ft. not using bleach in your cleaning mix?

I use bleach. But that wasnt what the post was about. It was the common misunderstanding that people have. Bottom line they want their house clean put what ever they want on it. How can you sale a job if you cant sell yourself.

Bill Booz

UAMCC Board of Directors
Also we usually only need ladders for roof cleaning, never leave lines and it stays clean longer. The longer lasting clean will work with any sanitizer and the complete removal of the organic contaminets. Chlorine just makes it faster and more reliable than striping it out.

I concur Bill, What I am saying is that if a customer dont want bleach. I offer something else. On metal roofs yall wash those off of ladders so you dont get on the roof. And use only bleach I would like to know more about that. And do you apply it with a different pump. I am about to buy a gas air comp,with a diaphram pump to do this. Just need help with it for my metal roofs. In my area there are a lot of metal roofs with pine trees in the yard. Trying to get a game plane on that.

Marc King

One of my customers asked recently... It turns out she has a son in remission from cancer and was concerned about harsh chemicals that could effect him. She was actually fine with bleach.

I think others may want to be assured you are using biodegradable products; chems that won't hurt the landscape or environment.

I agree there are several who are misinformed about bleach and cleaning methods.

George Clarke

UAMCC Board of Directors
Jacob, Metal Roofs are a gray area. It depends on the age of the roof and is on it. I had a few metal roofs that were oxidized and needed pattern cleaning with a good detergent that removes heavy oxidation combined with organic stains. Some you can just clean with house wash or a little stronger.

Hang in there, you'll get all the help you need.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Bill Booz

UAMCC Board of Directors
Always good to offer options Jacob. And the more knowledge you build the better you will be able to sell the process you believe in. We have done some metal with chlorine and some like George said. Sometimes you might need chicken ladders or lifts or ropes. I was a big fan of air but go all electric now with shur flo pumps. Air is great, just takes more room and noisy, harder for employees to troubleshoot, but really my favorite for owner operators and large footage roofs.

Pine sap on metal would be new to me, haven't had much of that. But I would think if they are mostly just turning black you can use house wash chlorine and rinse from a distance. I personally rinse metal roofs as the salt from the SH can be damaging to the metal and paint.

Cameron Queen

I got it down to about 6 hours with my pump up sprayer. From Gasden Alabama. That Jomax works well

So it's taking 6 hours with your 'non bleach' solution? How long would the same property take using your bleach solution, I would guess not more than 2hrs max? What price difference are you charging... 3x? :confused:

Bill Booz

UAMCC Board of Directors
Direct answers: Why they ask? Lot's of reasons including the ones given, mostly I believe those are the ones that care about their house.
What to tell them: The truth to the best of your ability. Chlorine is safe when used properly, it kills the contaminants for a longer lasting more thorough clean, we learned from pro's in the know, we guarantee it, we are insured and have not had claims, we have references that will tell you we rock, we have references that had issue with us that was resolved, we can offer the other cleanings as well but this has shown us consistent reliable results.

Cameron Queen

Direct answers: Why they ask? Lot's of reasons including the ones given, mostly I believe those are the ones that care about their house.
What to tell them: The truth to the best of your ability. Chlorine is safe when used properly, it kills the contaminants for a longer lasting more thorough clean, we learned from pro's in the know, we guarantee it, we are insured and have not had claims, we have references that will tell you we rock, we have references that had issue with us that was resolved, we can offer the other cleanings as well but this has shown us consistent reliable results.

+1 Bill... Had a potential client call an hour ago and went through all that with him pretty much as you set it out line by line there. Now just waiting while he 'has a think about it' to see if any of my education made it through the defences haha.