• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Anyone ever Downs Stream

John Orr

UAMCC Treasurer
I'm guessing that you need to downstream several hundred feet from your machine? I have, on occasion, downstreamer over 500'. However, it was 300' to the bucket - and normal from there.

As far as ds'ing at the gun vs x-jetting, for me it's the ability to gently apply my solution and, using a "shooter" tip , I can shoot long and straight with minimal overspray.

Doug Rucker

UAMCC Board of Directors
Not really looking at anything special, and Keenan yes you are correct about carrying the bucket, and by the way, I did use my xjet last week for the first time. AHHH there, I said, Confession is good for the soul.

I bought some equipment from a guy that went of business and one of the things he had was a DS Injector set up for DS'ing at the gun. I have never even thought about it, but was just wondering if anyone else had done that.

My thinking was that if doesn't use any more mix than when I downstream like normal, it would have been a better option for me last week than x jetting because x jetting I use about 2-3 times more mix than downstreaming, and like Keenan said, I have to carry the bucket anyway, and seems to me the mix would be much stronger at the gun versus 200 feet back at the truck.

So just running some things through the old noggin before I try it and wanted to hear everyone else's input.

Keenan Gilligan

It is not because of the bucket that I do not care for the Xjet much, I do not like the Xjet as much because I feel the accuracy is not as good as DSing with shooter tips. John Orr brings up a good point and now I am interested in trying to DS at the gun.

Chris Apple

Doug

I did a head to head comparison on a drivit building wash a few weeks ago.

Downstreaming straight bleach at the gun wasn't nearly as strong as using the xjet. In the past I would've used a roof pump for this building wash, but since I dont have one now the xjet saved our bacon.

We have been using the downstreamer at the gun to put down degreaser. It works great for that. It saves a lot of time and we dont have to deal with a pump up sprayer.

Everything else is downstreamed from the truck.

Chemical Doctor

The X-Jet has a 2:1 draw and that is why I like it. I formulated different formulas many years ago just to use the X-Jet. I was using it for decks and fences over 12 years ago and taught others to do the same.

David Styles

UAMCC-Member
Doug, I downstreamed from the gun one time. I couldn't pull strong enough chems through 500 feet of hose, even with my Super Suds Sucker, for cleaning this really dirty boat house that I couldn't get close to. Carried three gallons of my house wash mix to the end of the pier and sprayed. Worked like a champ!

John Orr

UAMCC Treasurer
As a matter of fact I won my xjet from the UAMCC at the Charleston round table in 2010. Paid for my membership right there :)

That's funny Chris! I had been given that x-jet and was looking for a good door prize to guess out at Charleston. Glad it went to a good home. LOL

Chad Johnson

Doug

I did a head to head comparison on a drivit building wash a few weeks ago.

Downstreaming straight bleach at the gun wasn't nearly as strong as using the xjet. In the past I would've used a roof pump for this building wash, but since I dont have one now the xjet saved our bacon.

We have been using the downstreamer at the gun to put down degreaser. It works great for that. It saves a lot of time and we dont have to deal with a pump up sprayer.

Everything else is downstreamed from the truck.

Same here Chris.
Do you like d.s 'Ing degreaser at gun? We just use the xjet so we can get a stronger concentration. Dumpster pads can get pretty nasty.

Bill Booz

UAMCC Board of Directors
We use 100ft of tubing on our xjet. You can also tape or Velcro it to your gun and or hose for less hassle. I don't know why they only come with 10ft of hose.

Bill Booz

UAMCC Board of Directors
You can also install the non adjustable xjet onto your lance with a qc for any tip and a qc for the tubing. Then it's any pressure you want and you can drop the tubing when not in use. Remember to turn the valve off or it will siphon drain.