• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

The "B" & "C" words.

This is a topic we were discussing a while back on RCF about how one would handle questions from potential customers regarding the use of sodium hypochlorite.

Most anyone that's ever used "BLEACH" for laundry or whatever, has at one point or another had a bad experience with it. With "CHLORINE" being it's near relative, people tend to often have the same feelings when hearing the word.

I've found it more advantageous to simply say "Sodium Hypochlorite."

A few will know what it is. Others will ask "What is that?" We simply say "The active ingredient needed to remove mold, mildew and algae." Or at at the most, something like "It's the active ingredient in pool chlorine. The stains on your roof are caused by algae, mold and mildew.....And as you know, chlorine will remove algae from swimming pools and it also does the same for roofs."

I thought this might be helpful for some.

How do you other roof cleaning contractors handle such situations?

Chad Johnson

Good thoughts.

Most of my customers dont ask. For those who do, I tell them I use a mold and mildew neutralizer with special formulated soaps. Regardless for if they ask or not, everything is covered in the presentation.
There really mostly concerned about how long it will stay clean for. Thats the #1 question I get. But thats another thread.

Jim Chesmore

I say bleach all the time. For me, it is about overcoming the objection(if there is any) by taking away the focus on the Bleach. I explain that it isn't the Bleach that is harmful but rather the process in which it is used. The person handling it is more of a risk factor than the product itself. Just like a gun. It is safe in the hands of a trained PRO. But deadly in the hands of a "Hack"

Simply put ... We explain how we are PROFESSIONALS.

great answer and it gave me an idea. You can compair it to using bleach in their laundry. "In inexperenced hands the laundry will get ruined but with experence you can safely use bleach all day long with not bad effects":clap:

Ryan Freidline

I have a whole spiel I give that uses the entire laundry use of bleach and end it with.... "Would you allow your teenage son to do the laundry?" They say No. And then I say "Exactly! So why would you let the guy down the street in a truck with 4 different tires do the work on your property?"

It really is all about explaing that the Bleach gets a bad rap due to the folks that have mis-handled it.

MIchael: That is too funny; regarding the four different tires:worshippy:

Ryan Freidline

This is what we say:

"We use a proprietary blend of chemicals that in the wrong hands; can do some damage. That is why we work in 2 man crews to monitor the capture of all residual and deal with it properly. My guys are algae eradicators, not plant killers." if they really wanna know I tell them sodium hypochorlite and other surfactants.

John Doherty

I have a whole spiel I give that uses the entire laundry use of bleach and end it with.... "Would you allow your teenage son to do the laundry?" They say No. And then I say "Exactly! So why would you let the guy down the street in a truck with 4 different tires do the work on your property?"

It really is all about explaing that the Bleach gets a bad rap due to the folks that have mis-handled it.

That's an excellent approach.

servicemark p.w.

there was a commercial for a detergent in the 70's a woman asks the owner of a chinese laundry what his secret was. thats the answer he gave her. it was a common laundry detergent. kind of looses something if you have to explain it.