Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Getting Insurance

Angry Getting Insurance

Hey folks,
    Just wanted some feedback on what you do for insurance. Recently we were dropped from our carrier. In business 25 years without any claims..it was because they saw we do roof cleaning, along with deck cleaning. Anyone having the same difficulty? Just wondering what kind of classifications some of you are listed under with your carriers..

Default Re: Getting Insurance

Try Joe Walters. They insure roof cleaners.
    Chad Johnson
    East Tennessee Power Washing
    Knoxville, Tn.
    www.easttnpowerwashing.com

Quote Originally Posted by Chad Johnson View Post
    Try Joe Walters. They insure roof cleaners.
    +1. They have great prices for GL, but they would not insure my equipment for replacement cost, only current value, I went with my auto ins company for my equipment ins.
    Sonny Harrison
    Aquaman Pressure Washing
    & Window Cleaning
    http://www.facebook.com/AquamanPress...WindowCleaning

Be careful with your auto ins.... mine asked if it was on a trailer, attached, at home or mobile ect ect ....all I could find is current value

Serving Bryan-College Station-Huntsville-Madisonville Texas Area

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Harrison View Post
    +1. They have great prices for GL, but they would not insure my equipment for replacement cost, only current value, I went with my auto ins company for my equipment ins.
    I did my equipment and commercial auto with garage keepers ins. through them as well.
    I thought all companies only insured current value. Learn something new everyday.
    Chad Johnson
    Knoxville, Tn.

I use Joe Walters. 412.831.8222 ask for Che Che

Doug Rucker-Owner/Operator
    Certified NCE Instructor
    We own and operate a School for Pressure Washing, Roof Cleaning, and Soft Washing http://www.pressurecleaningschool.com
    Check out our ONLINE PRESSURE WASHING SCHOOL with over 160 videos https://www.pressurecleaningschool.c...ashing-school/
    Free FREE Events www.uamccevents.com

Quote Originally Posted by Chad Johnson View Post
    I thought all companies only insured current value.
    My state farm policy had to separate the trailer & skid, but it is for replacement value. Could not cover extras like surface cleaner or wands though.
    Sonny Harrison
    Aquaman Pressure Washing
    & Window Cleaning
    http://www.facebook.com/AquamanPress...WindowCleaning

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Harrison View Post
    My state farm policy had to separate the trailer & skid, but it is for replacement value. Could not cover extras like surface cleaner or wands though.
    I see. JW was able to add wands, hoses etc. They call it misc. items.
    Chad Johnson
    Knoxville, Tn.

I'm looking for General Liability. The main question I have is..how do you all categorize yourselves? ie two story? roof work? deck work? building by contract? etc. I got dumped due to roof cleaning. Liberty mutual said they wanted nothing to do with us if we provided that service. Even though I explained we are non-pressure etc... Also what kind of dollars are you all paying for your policees. I was at $approx. $1,500.00 with three employees prior to getting dumped. Never had a claim in 25 yrs. Thnx for replies by the way

Bob, get in touch with Joe Walters Insurance, they are one of the biggest Insurance carriers for Pressure Washing Contractors. They know all the answers to all your questions and can answer them easily. Just call them.

• Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information