• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

nozzles

Jeremy Pate

I am running a 4gpm 4000 psi machine.
I purchased bob's 4 piece downstream nozzles a few weeks ago.
It's helped out tremendously, but its still not as low pressure as some of these guys videos I see.
I stuck my hand out front of it and it definitely had a bit of pressure to it.
also, the 2 story rinse nozzle... definitely not gonna use.
I've just been pulling the chemical injector out of the bucket and rinsing with the 2 story soap nozzle.
I guess my question is, how do these guys get there's so low pressure?
I've heard not the mess with the unloader valve and when I did, it seemed to sacrifice quite a bit of gpm.
on the topic of unloader valve... is it ok to have it maxed out?
One of the local dealers around here told me thats not good and they set mine to 3500.
They don't seem to be even 1/10 as educated as you guys here though.

John Orr

UAMCC Treasurer
I have used a 1/4" air hose barb on a 1/4" quick connect. It shoots far and minimizes overspray. I also use a 3/8 air hose barb, but then again, I run 8 gpm's!

In addition to pressure/distance - the lower the restriction at the nozzle, the higher % of mix you will draw. So not only does the size of the tip matter, so does the rating of the gun and the length of hose being used. For the ultimate draw, I often will run with no tip - especially useful for down streaming solutions for decks and drives.

As far as how much pressure you have, remember the pressure that really matters is the pressure that actually hits the surface you're cleaning.

Jeremy Pate

so what does all this 2510 2540 etc stuff mean when referring to nozzles?
I'm pretty sure 25 is the degree....
also, I saw a video where a guy was using a 45 degree 10 gpm tip with his 4gpm machine for spraying chemicals... is this recommended and how would it be written out... 4510?