• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

commercial concrete bid

Jeremy Pate

got called today to put in a bid to clean the entire parking lot of 2 mcdonalds.
I checked out 1 of em and will be looking at the other tomorrow.
The 1st one is a little under 21,000 sq/ft.
They want gum removal from the drive thru as well.
$3,000 sound like a good bid for this one?
We'll be running 2 hot water machines.
I think they're 4 gpm a piece.

Jeremy Pate

It's just regular concrete.
And I probably should've taken better note of the gum like how much per 10 sq/ft.... but it's not too bad.
Some of it looks like it could've been there for at least a year though.

That's a lot of concrete for only a McDonalds. Are you sure it's 25,000 square feet of concrete? I do McDonalds anywhere from 300-600 dollars depending on what they want and how dirty it is. I do my pricing per hour though. Haven't quite figured out the whole mapping thing.

Doug Rucker

UAMCC Board of Directors
$3000.00 not only sounds like a good bid but a great one....if you can get that that's a great price. With two guy's and two machines that should take no more than a couple hours at most. All depends on how dirty it is, the level of clean they are expecting, and how bad the gum is.

If your asking if I think you will get it at $3000.00, the answer is No, I do not. Probably gonna have to come it at least 1/2 that.

Jay Rissler

I am with Rucker!! The 3k will not happen...I highly doubt.

Just as a side note, Never underestimate the gum...it is easy to do.

You look at the job, you say not much gum but when you get back on the job they seem to all of a sudden multiply!!

I wish you the best luck!!

A bit of a secondary question here. For about the 1st 3 months I was in business I bid between .06 to .08 cents per square feet on commercial concrete work. 100% of the time I was given a surprised no thank you look, or plainly did not land the job. Usual answer was "I get it done or am getting it done for less the half of that." My question is; How do can I get the .08 cents per square feet with scaring away the customer?

Jillian Shelton

Contributing Member
A bit of a secondary question here. For about the 1st 3 months I was in business I bid between .06 to .08 cents per square feet on commercial concrete work. 100% of the time I was given a surprised no thank you look, or plainly did not land the job. Usual answer was "I get it done or am getting it done for less the half of that." My question is; How do can I get the .08 cents per square feet with scaring away the customer?
What were you bidding on?... Because it differs from what you are bidding on

What were you bidding on?... Because it differs from what you are bidding on

I was hoping I still had a bid saved, but can't seem to find it on my computer.The real market I'm after is maintenance contracts. I do windows, concrete, or both. Windows I do the basic 2.50 for exterior windows only each. Don't seem to have to much of a problem there until I into the travel time and gas expense. Then its a bit tough from there. Concrete has always been a bit harder for me cause until recently I was just using a wand. To give an example I spent 3 hours of work at a hometown buffet (sorry don't know the exact size) We agreed to have it contracted at 500.00 per month and I come out every Wednesday to do his concrete. He doesn't want the professional wash, just a rinse. I end up doing more work because personally I take pride in my work and will go that extra mile. Cause to me that store after I'm done cleaning it is a representation of my company. This is my 1st maintenance contract and there are talks about adding 3 other locations for 200.00 a store per week. Now that I have my Landa I think I'll be able to get the work done in 1-2 hours. At the sites I'm just using hot water, no chemicals. So is that a fair price? or am I underbidding it.

I have a local low baller doing work around my area from 49.99 to 99 and throwing in free work as well. Which has also caused me some hiccups. I was able to over come one of his places by doing a demo after him and landed the job, just waiting on a few papers to seal the deal. Still I think I even underbid that one, even if it was a bit more the the other guy.

I also think because I'm new this industry I don't have the experience to be charging what some of you may charge. So I guess more of my question would be how to get to that point?

Jillian Shelton

Contributing Member
In maintenance contracts the first cleaning in usually the longest, there after the first cleaning it should be easier and quicker especially if you are cleaning them weekly unless they get ALOT of foot trafic like a walmart. If you don't have a surface cleaner then it would take longer. At $500 for 3 hrs your making $160 per hour. At $500 for 2 hrs your making $250 per hour. Ever heard the expression time is money? Find a routine or checklist (physical or mental) that you will do at every job that will help you to do the job quicker. The quicker you can do the job and still have a good representation of your company, the less you have to charge which in return helps when bidding against you competitors. Also some jobs you will bid per hr others you will bid per sqft or just per job.
How do you get to that point: Going to the round tables and talking with the guys with alot of experience is where we've learned and were able to grow our business.

I could'nt tell you if you are over bidding or under bidding because I dont know the size. But for us a typical restaurant like Applebees takes an hour to an hour-hour & 1/2 with one man. No chemical just hot water. So we are able to charge accordingly.

Jillian Shelton

Contributing Member
I cant say. But if you think of it this way from your above pricing making $160-250 per hour and it only takes you an hour to clean you could charge $160-250.