• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

San ANtonio Texas contract

LSPW01

Man they want all the water reclainmed. Knowing the San Antonio area it will go cheaper than most of us would do it. I'm only a 5 hour drive away, I may bid on it just to see how it goes.

Eric Flynn

We are about 3.5-4 hours away. A job like that may be worth traveling for. I'm with you Danny, couldn't hurt to bid and see what happens. Thanks for posting Scott.

Gene Fivel

We are about 3.5-4 hours away. A job like that may be worth traveling for. I'm with you Danny, couldn't hurt to bid and see what happens. Thanks for posting Scott.

Good Luck To You all......Its a great contract and I live 2 hours away but not worth traveling for....Local company will get it.....Call me for sub work....Lol

Scott Stone

I am thinking that I might even bid it. Then I could prop a couple of people up local and turn them loose on the contract. The biggest thing would be the start up cost..

CWheeler

Thats a huge contract. I am in San Antonio but dont think i am set up to handle that scope of work. Contract like this could keep the schedule full!

Michael Tessaro

It not in my line of work, but I would be interested to see how it goes. From reading to proposal Its mostly the SAIA property and Downtown areas around the city. You would definitely need to be local. Because it is a 7 day a week job. And you need to reclaim, be inspected etc.

We bid this contract and are still waiting to see who is awarded this contract. We went and visited with The City of SA about this job and they have been doing it with Public Works employees for the last 10 years. Now they want to do this by contract.

Adrian Carrier

I wonder why they are not requesting that you become a registered vendor for the city. In other words, they would just pull bids from contractors that are already in their intranet system vs. drawing from outside bids. Maybe their reasoning has something to do with the allocated funds for the project. In other words, maybe the bid will simply go to the lowest compliant bidder.

Adrian Carrier

I wish I had the credentials to land this contract. I'd move down there in a heartbeat.

In the words of the great Clint Eastwood.....

"If you are going to shoot, then shoot, don't just stand there holding the gun"

Sorry Ken, I had to.:yes:

The lone star would be glad to have ya.
Of course you know, we all own oil wells, land, and livestock and personal airstrips in our back yards if PW biz ever tanks.:cool:

Ken Fenner

Adrian, of all the states in the union, Texas is the one that appeals to me most. After talking to Chris Chappel last night, I'm convinced the San Antonio area is a good fit for me.

If you read that RFP, it pretty much says the contract will be awarded to the lowest bidder. I hear 1.5-2 cents per square was probably going to be the number. Chris also told me that the S.A police are issuing big citations to night time cleaners not in compliance with CWA.

Adrian Carrier

Adrian, of all the states in the union, Texas is the one that appeals to me most. After talking to Chris Chappel last night, I'm convinced the San Antonio area is a good fit for me.

If you read that RFP, it pretty much says the contract will be awarded to the lowest bidder. I hear 1.5-2 cents per square was probably going to be the number. Chris also told me that the S.A police are issuing big citations to night time cleaners not in compliance with CWA.

S.A. is a great city to live in. If police are getting involved with CWA compliancy, that's great. It will only support the 12 compliancy officers dedicated to enforcing the code, which do work all hours of the day and night which I have been told as well. Not stating that as gospel.

S.A. has a larger force than Austin or Houston which means they would have the ability to work hours other than the 9-5ers.
It's a big tourist city and a very clean one at that.
I have lived there for several years and found it to be one of the nicest cultural digs in the state with the riverwalk and alamo plus many other draws.

Not to leave out some of the great suburbia towns as well. It is a great metro area. Of course it has it's urban withdrawals as well, but very well kept "in check".:got-hooligan:

Cinco de mayo is a one day holiday that somehow always seems to last a week.:clap:

Cmon down and gets some REAL tex mex food and see what you have been missing.

Plus the winters only last about 45 minutes, so you would be busy year round.:cool:

Adrian Carrier

How is the Humidity? Does it grow green mold ($$$) like here in KY?

Tons of humidity. S.A. falls under the South Tx. category and is no less fortunate than the rest of us southern folks when it comes to the humidity. Mix that with the heat of June- Sept. and you will want to knock off work by 2 or 3 and hit the pool. Literally, people are in shorts and tank tops til Nov. from the hill country on down to the gulf.
It takes a little getting used to.
Even in Dec. there are days of 80 degrees.
Plus if you are old like me 2 oclock is a long day.

I usually carry an extra set of uniforms with me because of the humidity.
Mix that with the lovely odor of SH and most outsiders would think you smell like a homeless person who used himself as a toilet.:pukey:

Most flatwork and bldgs. are black and green like you are used to.
The wood tends to warp alot as well.:clap: $$$

Carlos Gonzales

Texas has been on my radar screen for quite sometime....Ken ...you know the story!

So...Ken, Michael and 'Los will move their operations to TX. We have Adrian, Jen & Eric, Scott D, Gene, Michael from Centex. Clint W....that is the recipe for some power house washing companies!!!:clap::clap: