• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Caustic expectations

Doug Dahlke

Donating Member
What are the cleaning expectations with caustic? If a property has been neglected will one cleaning with caustic bring it back? I recently did a restaurant that had been maintained with a cold water machine and I assume no chems. Black in front of the entrance from the foot traffic and the dumpster pad was bad. I did use F-18 on these areas mixed one pound to two gallons of water and downstreamed on then hot water. The property definitely was cleaner but I think the manager was expecting something better. I will do this property again in a month and have ordered caustic soda beads to try this time.

Will the property look better after each month's cleaning? Is there a point of neglect where no cleaner can restore the concrete or make it better? Is once a month adequate to see continued improvement if that is possible? How do others set the customers expectations?

Florin Nutu

How did this turn out for you on second cleaning? did it get better? I use caustic on my commercial cleanings... never tried f-18 except for decks.

Indy Power Wash

I think F-18 is caustic based. Make sure you read up on caustic beads before you use them. It can cause severe burns, permanent eye damage on contact etc. It can also cause major damage to property. Concrete, plants, asphalt, painted surfaces etc.

Kemp Normand

Doug, caustic works great as a degreaser but a little bit goes a long way. I usualy mix enough caustic to cover the bottom of a 5r, fill with water and add a squirt of dawn soap. Caution, bucket will get hot from the chemical reation. Respect the mix. It can burn you! Downstream over concrete and go over with surface cleaner and hot water. Rinse, rinse, rinse. Kemp

Randall Brooks

Doug, caustic works great as a degreaser but a little bit goes a long way. I usualy mix enough caustic to cover the bottom of a 5r, fill with water and add a squirt of dawn soap. Caution, bucket will get hot from the chemical reation. Respect the mix. It can burn you! Downstream over concrete and go over with surface cleaner and hot water. Rinse, rinse, rinse. Kemp

Kemp you talkin about a caustic based like F18 or beads?

Kemp Normand

I have since switched to beads, make the mix hotter and DS on. This has worked out fine at the property mentioned.

Caustic soda beads. Once you find your ratio everything else falls in place. Just make sure you rinse plenty and or neutralize with an acid. Don't want any residue to harm anybody or property.