• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

If you could design a surface cleaner it would have.....what?

Jeff Jacobs

Contributing Member
What size?
What would you make it out of?
Wheels, casters, none?
Handle type?
# of nozzles?
Trigger gun?

I've been giving this some thought and couldn't find one that met everything I like.
Mine would be 30" stainless, 10" wheels in back, U shaped handle like a lawn mower, 3 nozzles, no gun, I use a ball valve.
What do you like and why?:cool:

Chris Chappell

You can always modify a surface cleaner to be what you want.

I know guys that have made their own surface cleaners, had them modified and had custom size surface cleaners made for huge jobs running multiple swivels needing multiple machines to keep up with their surface cleaner.

I have a friend that modified the 24" Whirl A Way stainless steel surface cleaner by adding tires on the back like the Big Guy, a handle that stays up but also folds down and put a better quality swivel on it as those swivels that come with it are junk.

I had my classic modified months ago so it works better and faster on commercial accounts.

One of the more important things is matching up the gpm's with the right size surface cleaner so you don't work too slow. When I had my custom Hotsy machine built and put on a custom trailer almost 10 years ago, they sold me a Steel Eagle 30" surface cleaner but it was too big for the 5.6gpm hot water rig. After a couple months I took it back and talked to them and they ended up giving me the 24" Steel Eagle surface cleaner which was better sized to my pressure washer but not perfect. Months later I got a Classic and it works better and faster than the Steel Eagle until more modifications were made on all machines.

A very smart guy named Philip over on PTState talks about a rule of thumb of 4" of surface cleaner per gallon per minute of pressure washer flow. Going by those numbers, it really makes a lot of sense and those numbers work good.

This is probably why Ron loves the Landa Water Jet for his many, many rigs out there working around the clock. Great size for the gpm of his pressure washers he is using. Tony and some others like the water jet also. I have been wanting to try one out for a while now but hopefully soon I will get one to try out and see if I really like it. It is a great machine and has a lot of great features but in the end it is really personal preference.