• As of January 1, 2018 The brand new logo that was created and released in 2017 will be the only official logo in affect and allowed to be used on any electronic media however, any such media like truck wraps, stationary, and postcards will be grandfathered in. Contributing Members will be allowed to use the UAMCC logo in any advertising. Permission to use the logo otherwise must be in writing. Logos used in electronic formats (ie: Websites, forums, etc.) must be linked back to the member’s profile in the UAMCC directory. Contributing Members are members that are paid and current with their dues. Please contact info@uamcc.org with any questions.

Newbie 1st Commercial Bidding

Augusto Cordeiro

Hi Everyone,

I being in conversation with a Postal Master (Manager of a local USPS) , he wants me to offer a proposal to clean his building which looks pretty bad (First question - has anyone had any experience in doing work for USPS ? ) ok! I did use google maps and there is aprox 59K SQFT of parking lot/driveway and sidewalk area to be washed, which it doesn't look too bad, just regular oil spills and a few gun spots to be removed (not too much). Water needs to be reclaimed, it cannot go on storm drain (2nd question: what's the best method to cover drain? just sand bags would work? ) I don't have a reclaim unit, I already spoke with manager and I can just use a sump pump and get the water dumped in a grassy area. (3rd question: what's best pump and how the best way in doing that? I have never done that before) - I figured that I am going to price around .06 or .08 cents per SQFT (Is that a good price?) I have a single unit 3500 PSI 5GPM / I do have a Surface Cleaner. How long it will take for me to do that? how many hours? how many SQFT you can normally do in 1 hour?)
They have an additional 17K SQFT of covered garage/parking to be cleaned. For the garage he wants a bid just for the floor and in addition cleaning the walls and pillars. Then there is the whole exterior of the building aprox 48K SQFT. most it's all brick, there is some areas in the front and around the top part and also some pillars (they are concrete but they have this thin layer covering it (it looks like stucco, don't know exactly what is called) In some of the pillars on the botton it start to pilling off (you can see the concrete) What's the best method to wash that? I figured got be very low pressure (soft wash), I don't want to damage anything. What's the best chemical? just regular house wash, let sit for a few minutes then rinse? There is some very bad spots on this wall, with really dark spots and mold. (I got some pictures on my phone, just don't know how to upload in here.)Ok.... I know that I am asking a lot of questions but I am in deeply need of help and I will really appreciate all the help from you guys. Ok... Here it's my final question, at least for now. How I go about in pricing a exterior of a building? there is a formula like SQFT X Hight????? . Alright people that's it for now, Thanks in advance for all your help.

Matt Harris

Contributing Member
many will repeat this

put a price per sq ft to make money.....not get rich

only you can put a price on your productivity....

we do everything by Sq ft.... buildings and all....plus a lift if required..

Augusto Cordeiro

Matt, thanks for your input. I understand what you are saying, I want to make money and eventually make a nice living, I don't want to loose money but I also don't want to over price and loose to some lowballer. My problem right now is that I am not very experienced in doing walls, I have done most flatwork and a few houses. Let me ask you this way for an building of aprox 48K sq ft. how long would take for you to power/soft wash? how many hours ? No lift required.

Gene Beck

Is there a more experienced company in the area you can "partner" with? It can be very hard to recover from a "great" job if it goes south. Both financially and reputation. If you are not networking with pressure washers in your area you are missing out. We have given over 20k worth of work to our network partners for variuos reasons, to busy, out of area and outside our business model. We are bidding work with a "newbie" like yourself. Its a great opportunity to learn and grow and it also encourages unity in our field.

Ron Musgraves

Past President
Staff member
Hi Everyone,

I being in conversation with a Postal Master (Manager of a local USPS) , he wants me to offer a proposal to clean his building which looks pretty bad (First question - has anyone had any experience in doing work for USPS ? ) ok! I did use google maps and there is aprox 59K SQFT of parking lot/driveway and sidewalk area to be washed, which it doesn't look too bad, just regular oil spills and a few gun spots to be removed (not too much). Water needs to be reclaimed, it cannot go on storm drain (2nd question: what's the best method to cover drain? just sand bags would work? ) I don't have a reclaim unit, I already spoke with manager and I can just use a sump pump and get the water dumped in a grassy area. (3rd question: what's best pump and how the best way in doing that? I have never done that before) - I figured that I am going to price around .06 or .08 cents per SQFT (Is that a good price?) I have a single unit 3500 PSI 5GPM / I do have a Surface Cleaner. How long it will take for me to do that? how many hours? how many SQFT you can normally do in 1 hour?)
They have an additional 17K SQFT of covered garage/parking to be cleaned. For the garage he wants a bid just for the floor and in addition cleaning the walls and pillars. Then there is the whole exterior of the building aprox 48K SQFT. most it's all brick, there is some areas in the front and around the top part and also some pillars (they are concrete but they have this thin layer covering it (it looks like stucco, don't know exactly what is called) In some of the pillars on the botton it start to pilling off (you can see the concrete) What's the best method to wash that? I figured got be very low pressure (soft wash), I don't want to damage anything. What's the best chemical? just regular house wash, let sit for a few minutes then rinse? There is some very bad spots on this wall, with really dark spots and mold. (I got some pictures on my phone, just don't know how to upload in here.)Ok.... I know that I am asking a lot of questions but I am in deeply need of help and I will really appreciate all the help from you guys. Ok... Here it's my final question, at least for now. How I go about in pricing a exterior of a building? there is a formula like SQFT X Hight????? . Alright people that's it for now, Thanks in advance for all your help.

How did this go, didn't see this post

Text me for info on Milwaukee event. 480-522-5227