Thread: Rookie needs Help with a proposal for an apartment complex

Question Rookie needs Help with a proposal for an apartment complex

Hi Guys ! !
    I got a call from a manager in an Apartment Complex, They have 12 buildings and they want the STAIRWAYS cleaned, there is a total of 72 stairways. I don't know when it was the last time they got cleaned, probably never. I took several pictures, I just don't know how to get pictures from my Galaxy 4 (android) in here. (If anybody wants to help me with that, that would be much appreciated). Anyway, they are 3 level buildings, with a kind od grey siding that looks really dirt. I think just a normal house wash solution would do the trick. What you guys think? Now here is the trick part, there is a lot and I mean a LOT of rust stain from the metal on stairs and railings. They asked for 2 bids, one just for regular wash top to bottom. and other bid with "Rust Stain Removal". I already know what you guys will say. F9 Barc is the solution, I already spoke with Craig once, I want to be an officially Authorized F9 Applicator. I think there is only one other guy in my state that does. I haven't yet placed my order and filled my application; I will try to get done today, I been busy with my first Commercial Job (Yep ! I got the job for the Post Office, I am doing their 17K SQFT covered parking/garage). Now here is my question for Craig and all those experts out there. How much F9 I will need? I know it's kind of hard to know without looking at, but pretty much all the 72 stairways, every single one has quite a bit of rust. Now what's the best procedure, I should first spray the F9 with my sprayer from top to bottom, then I go and apply my soap with my downstream, and finally rinse all of. How long should I let F9 sit on surface (siding, concrete steps, etc), how long should I let before applying my soap and rinse? How long it should take to clean each stairway ? How much shoud I charge? Please HELP ! I know it's a lot of questions, I apologize. If you prefer to DM me or you can call me at 801-205-1973 . I am new to this business and so far I am loving it. I want to become established, but I know that I still have a lot to learn.
    Thanks in advance,

Augusto “GUS” Cordeiro – Owner/Operator
    All Clean Power Washing LLC
    801-205-1973
    Salt Lake City/Salt Lake County, UT

Default Re: Rookie needs Help with a proposal for an apartment complex

Download the app tapatalk and you can post the pics from there

Doug Rucker-Owner/Operator
    Certified NCE Instructor
    We own and operate a School for Pressure Washing, Roof Cleaning, and Soft Washing http://www.pressurecleaningschool.com
    Check out our ONLINE PRESSURE WASHING SCHOOL with over 160 videos https://www.pressurecleaningschool.c...ashing-school/
    Free FREE Events www.uamccevents.com

In my experience apartments aren't going to want to pay for a full restoration cleaning like that. But I could be wrong.
    Arkansas Pro Wash is an awesome Pressure Washing Company that specializes in Sidewalk Cleaning and Gum Removal. Check us out on Facebook. Call or Text 501-580-0223.<marquee> Free FREE Events www.uamccevents.com </marquee>

Augusto,
    It's hard to tell you without seeing a photos...But, it looks like you should be able to clean those stairways in a 2-3 days by yourself...Let say you need 15 min per stairway (moving hoses, truck....). Obviously with 2 guys/machines, faster...Once they are clean, work on those rust stains...A case of F9 will get you a 6 gallons of solution (2:1) and that should be enough ( I guess). For those heavy stains , you need to apply 2-3 times...You can always order more if needed...So, day one you finish 4-6 buildings (24-30 stairways) and then go back and apply F9...It would be better and faster to apply F9, after you cleaned 2 buildings...It's gonna get dry by the time you need to move and you are already there (not going back and forth)...Than move to the next one...Once you done , go back with a pump up sprayer and hit them again...Next day, before you start cleaning again, hit them once again with F9 if needed....Again, this would be my plan, but without seeing a complex layout and stains, it's hard to tell....I hope this helps...
    Igor Zaric
    San Diego , CA
    (858) 367 - WASH
    (858) 367 - 9274
    San Diego Pressure washing and roof cleaning services
    www.DirtFighter.com
    Free FREE Eventswww.uamccevents.com

Morning guys,

Anyone available for a quick phone conversation? Let me know, and I will def call. I need assistance, I'm bidding on a complex, and want to make sure I am on the right track. As always, thanks for all the help.
    Courtney Smith
    Klean Kings Pressure Washing and Wood Restoration
    888-959-2493
    www.pressurewashbaltimore.com

• Thread Information